Cartels in Zona Norte

Friday, July 14, 2023 1:41 PM
An article from Border report... [view link]

8 comments

I thought HK, CC, and Adelitas were already controlled by cartels, seems like other cartels are just trying to get involved.
rugrat
10 months ago
Doesn’t seem good. Though hard to know if the area is safer or less safe if HK is owned by a cartel. Either way turf battles are not good safety.
captainfun
10 months ago
Can't see how this will be good for business. The cartels are not like the old school mafia goombahs when there was a degree of honor and respect for civilians. These guys are just wild animals. It's one thing running a pack of drug mules or shaking down avocado farmers for protection money, but I don't think these guys will do very well in a role dealing with end-users.
misterorange
10 months ago
Ya, haven’t been here in over 8 years and I don’t intend on returning anytime soon. Have a friend that lives in San Ysidro, right near the border, and last year he almost got into fight with one of the bouncers at HK after they tried to shake him down for almost 200 in cash. One said he was going on a special night and it was 200 to enter or go somewhere else, even though there’s technically no cover here outside of tips etc. and others were entering without an issue. After a verbal spat in Spanish he just saved face went to Chicago since things were escalating quickly. Good thing he just walked away.
SquareCastle
10 months ago
Just a guess. The employees know the clubs don’t have much time left before the cartel shuts them down. They are trying to put as much money in their pocket while they still can.
mark94
10 months ago
Why shut down the clubs? To switch to street/hotel girls as the only options?
funonthaside
10 months ago
I believe the aim of the cartels is to take over the clubs or extort protection money from them. They don't want to shut down income sources. There is so much corruption in Mexican governments that the people trust no one which make the government unable to shut down the cartels. The U.S. government knows this yet won't do anything to protect our boarder with Mexico. It's all about power and money.
shadowcat
10 months ago
@shadowcat I Fixed It For You All, you are welcome: “There is so much corruption in American and Mexican governments that the people trust no one which make the governments unable to shut down the cartels. The U.S. government knows this yet won't do anything to “protect” our boarder with Mexico. It's all about power, money and greed from Americans and Mexicans governments and their criminal organizations in both sides of the border.”
CJKent_band
10 months ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion