Chicago Club
Av Constitución 414 Zona Nte., 22000 Tijuana, B.C. Mexico

Do you need an ID to do a short term room rental at CC?

Friday, July 21, 2023 5:21 PM
I'm staying at Cascadas soon, and planning to pop over to CC to compare to HK while I'm there. My question is on whether or not I need to bring an ID. I might leave the wallet in the safe at HK and just bring cash, but will I be able to do a short term room rental if necessary without ID at CC/Jalos? And while we're here... any other tips on getting the most out of a first visit to CC?

8 comments

Always have your ID with you. As far as the room.Good question.
bang69
10 months ago
If you take a CC chica up to one of their rooms for ariba for 30 minutes you will not need id. If you get stopped on the street by a crooked policia, you will need your id.
OG12346
10 months ago
You are supposed to have a valid current passport and a Mexican “Tourist Card” (FMM Card) or tourist “visa", in your possession at all times when visiting Tijuana Mexico as a tourist. A tourist visa is a document that authorities use to "Manage Security Concern" in the country being visted by law abiding tourist. If you have nothing to hide and era not a criminal with a record, you should be happy to show your passport and Tourist Card” (FMM Card) when asked for by anyone whit the authority to verify you are a tourist visiting the Happiest Place on earth. [view link] Just be careful out there, as careful as you would be visiting any country red light district.
CJKent_band
10 months ago
The only place I have ever used ID south of the border is Hong Kong for the VIP card.
Jascoi
10 months ago
I've enjoyed a number of girls arriba at Chicago over 9 years but hotel jalos is not up to standards. The chicago girl really got to knock my socks off for me to take her arriba at jalos.
Jascoi
10 months ago
It's not clear to me, but it seems there are two hotels linked to CC: (1) Hotel Jalos and (2) Hotel Leyva (possibly named Hotel Posada de Santiago after remodeling). I may have that wrong, but piecing together the limited reviews, it seems like Hotel Jalos is their hotel for short-time engagements, and Hotel Leyva/Posada is a bit nicer and a better choice for booking an overnight room. I'm hoping someone can confirm. I probably won't get down there again this year.
craigers691
10 months ago
BTW, regarding ID, I agree it is unlikely they will ask for short-time. It used to be you could even book an overnight room without ID, but HK/Cascadas started checking recently. I have also seen others mentioning the FMM tourist card, but in ~10 visits I have never purchased one. I always cross over the pedestrian bridge. The agent on the Mexico side usually takes a quick glance at my passport and waives me through. On two occasions, they asked a few questions and stamped my passport, but never mentioned the card. It could be because I am crossing on foot and only staying for 24 hours.
craigers691
10 months ago
my experiences, the Mexican agents are inconsistent requiring an FMM.
Jascoi
10 months ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion