RIP: Hector “Tio” Salamanca

Friday, August 4, 2023 6:05 PM
Actor Mark Margolis who portrayed Hector Salamanca on “Breaking Bad” and “Better Call Saul” has passed away at age 83 In a show filled with interesting characters, he was certainly one of them. One call argue all day on what’s the best TV show of all time - it’s a matter of personal opinion. But as great as “The Sopranos” or “The Wire” were, I’ll take “Breaking Bad / Better Call Saul” over both of them (Actually LOST is my favorite show of all time, but that’s just me)

11 comments

was Hector the bad old cartel drug dude?
Jascoi
9 months ago
breaking bad/ better call saul is the only series I've seen on Netflix. I thought it was pretty well done. but I'm not a TV guy especially 'pay to watch' stuff. I'd rather spend my money on girls.
Jascoi
9 months ago
Great show. He looked more like he was 103.
Specialj
9 months ago
I also live kobra Kai
Specialj
9 months ago
*love
Specialj
9 months ago
Great actor. I saw a documentary in which all the different takes to do the scene where Gus meets his end was filmed, all behind the scenes stuff. It was incredible the work that went into that one scene. Mark Magolis featured a lot in it where he wasn’t in shot on the final take. Breaking Bad is easily one of my favourite shows. Aaron Paul was terrific.
londonguy
9 months ago
I always think of him as Alberto from Scarface.
Dolfan
9 months ago
^ never mind the guy on the board from Miami metro making a Scarface reference…
shailynn
9 months ago
the scene where he relieved himself in front of the fbi on breaking bad was hysterical. and can't forget about the bell on the wheelchair.
rattdog
9 months ago
"was Hector the bad old cartel drug dude?" Yes, the one in the wheelchair.
NinaBambina
9 months ago
"I always think of him as Alberto from Scarface." Which is funny because his right hand man in Breaking Bad, "Don Eladio" is played by Steven Bauer, who played Manny in Scarface.
NinaBambina
9 months ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion