Republican presidential candidate Vivek Ramaswamy rapping to Eminem

Monday, August 21, 2023 7:53 AM
This is what the GOP has reduced itself to now. Not the Democrats. Yes, the GOP. Link below. [view link] He's second in some primary polls. All the libs in the comment section naturally loved it. "New generation of leaders" indeed.

54 comments

Laphunt I got to say I like some of the things he saying, cut 75% of the federal government, get rid of the FBI, he’s saying some good stuff. He may not win but it’s good to have people in a major debate setting saying this kind of stuff. And I like Ron Desantis but why can’t he do what Vivek and RFK are doing which is go on all these long form podcasts and let people know who he is and what he’s all about. This is why he’s falling in the polls, gotta get with the times and try see podcasts are where it’s at right now in 2023.
Muddy
9 months ago
LOL that was cringy AF! It's also hilarious that this 9/11 Truther is actually polling than DeSantis right now.
RamPaige
9 months ago
When: June 3, 1992 Where: Hollywood What: Bill Clinton and his saxophone make political history on The Arsenio Hall Show It used to be that serious presidential candidates appeared only on equally serious news programs. But in the spring of 1992, Democratic contender Bill Clinton needed something special to set him apart from his opponents, sitting president George H.W. Bush and independent candidate Ross Perot. So the 45-year-old Arkansas governor booked a groundbreaking appearance on The Arsenio Hall Show, to chat with the host and wail on his sax for soulful renditions of “Heartbreak Hotel” and “God Bless The Child.” Mandy Grunwald (Clinton media adviser): The convention wasn’t until July, so we had five or six weeks and very little money. We realized that people needed to know more about Bill Clinton. So I had written a memo saying we ought to do these kinds of softer talk shows. In terms of picking [which one], Arsenio was serious with guests and oftentimes talked a little policy.
mark94
9 months ago
Someone on that debate stage is going to make the point that Trump has become Hillary Clinton, and it’s obvious, he’s acting so very entitled he thinks that is not a nominating contest, but a coronation. Look for that to stick to him and derail his campaign. He’s forgotten that he didn’t win the 2016 election as much as Hillary lost it, and he’s not going to win the 2024 election, Biden is smarter than anyone gives him credit for, he knows that he doesn’t need to win so much as he has to make sure he doesn’t lose.
twentyfive
9 months ago
Here we go again.....this needs to be posted elsewhere.........
Specialj
9 months ago
^ looks to me like this was posted in the political discourse forum. If you are keeping track.
twentyfive
9 months ago
Lol I didn't notice...since my incident with you know who I've refrained from discussing politics....I'm here to talk about strippers, and I have him on ignore
Specialj
9 months ago
Vivek has explained how he has the legal authority ( Yale Law school ) to layoff most of the Federal bureaucracy, eliminate departments, and move the remaining federal employees to other cities. No need to get Congress involved. For that reason alone, I’d vote for him. I don’t think any Presidential candidate has ever proposed something so bold.
mark94
9 months ago
Oh man that was painful. I hope he makes it far into the primaries. He's an interesting guy.
JamesSD
9 months ago
Muddy, he's saying some good stuff but it's all empty talk. I see right through him. He's all b.s. and angling to be Trump's VP pick/in his cabinet. Every move of his is calculated for that purpose. Here in Toronto where I am, the city's population now is basically like 40% Indian work visas/foreign exchange students thanks to our stupid mass immigration-loving Liberal gov't, so some of this comes from familiarity with that culture and that kind of career opportunism, which he oozes in every conceivable way. I knew someone would bring up Bill Clinton and the sax on Arsenio. That was, frankly, the limit of how "cool" a potential president should be. No one needs the leader of the free world rapping Eminem like a street thug. Millennials (like Ramaswamy) and Gen Z are pushing the line further and further into the absurd. We're one step away from having those stupid MTV rap battles replace formal debates. You pander this much, you lose all credibility. Clinton straddled the line, but he didn't go "full retard" as the saying goes.
LapHunt
9 months ago
Ah, I see. Clinton performs on stage to get attention. Brilliant. Vivek performs on stage to get attention. Full retard. It’s so obvious, I’m surprised I didn’t understand at first.
mark94
9 months ago
Watched him on a few different shows, all different POVs, to me he comes across as a slick phony bullshitter, as far as I can see, he's another self dealing grifter, don't trust folks that claim only they have the solution to any problem. Another con merchant.
twentyfive
9 months ago
Someone actually just said that "Biden is smarter than anyone gives him credit for." Well, I don't think anyone gives him credit for being smarter than a potato, so, maybe that seemingly satirical statement has some truth in it.
5footguy
9 months ago
2024 National Republican Primary • Trump — 49% (+38) • Ramaswamy — 11% • DeSantis — 10% • Christie — 7% • Scott — 4% • Pence — 3% • Haley — 3% • Hutchinson — 1% • Elder — 1% @Rasmussen_Poll
mark94
9 months ago
^ Interesting polling, considering that people supposedly despise Trump. Flashback to 2016, when the pundits were certain that Hilary was going to crush him (but back then, people were not admitting to pollsters that they were going to vote for Trump). Talking heads claim that nobody likes Trump, yet polls show otherwise (unless polls are incorrect in the other direction now, with people possibly lying about wanting to vote for Trump). Politicians and media are so stuck in their own worlds that they have no idea what typical citizens want/need/are dealing with.
funonthaside
9 months ago
Ramaswamy was already millionaire when he accepted Soros award he said he needed to pay for law school [view link]
gammanu95
9 months ago
Gotta just be amused when folks cherry-pick polls that show their guy in a positive light, leaving out the multitude of others (such as the recent all-important NBC News Iowa poll) that tell such a different story. That's leftist argumentation. Do better.
LapHunt
9 months ago
RamPaige where did you see he is a 9/11 truther?
rickmacrodong
9 months ago
Prediction. By the time of the convention, Trump will have 60% and Ramaswamy 20%. You should always nominate a VP candidate who can bring in a block of votes. Usually, that’s a state. In 2024, I think it’s an age group. Trump needs a 37 year old person of color on the ticket. Vivek’s policies align with Trumps,mostly.
mark94
9 months ago
I saw that Soros article earlier today and had to LOL. Vivek Ramaswamy is now linked to Soros, one of the biggest villains of the right wing. 50:50 odds someone brings it up at the Republican debate tomorrow.
wld4tatas
9 months ago
"Trump needs a 37 year old person of color on the ticket." I would respectfully submit that the MAGA base may not necessarily share your opinion.
LapHunt
9 months ago
It does not surprise me in the least that Ramaswamy is linked to Soros. He is obviously a pro-mass immigration candidate who will avoid revealing his true hand in the primary, but is just another in an endless slew of big business shills that yammer on about "American excellence" and "entrepreneurial spirit." This is simply coded language that had been used by both parties since the 1990s to convince American workers to allow their jobs to be shipped off to the Third World; a task now made immeasurably easier with automation/technological advancement.
LapHunt
9 months ago
Vivek is clear on his immigration policy. A firm no to illegal immigration. A supporter of securing the border. A strong supporter of merit-based immigration for skilled, English speaking applicants who show willingness to embrace American values and ideals.
mark94
9 months ago
“Vivek Ramaswamy is now linked to Soros, “ He was awarded a scholarship when he was 24 from a foundation started by Paul Soros, brother of George Soros. That doesn’t make him part of a deep conspiracy. “ Linked” indeed.
mark94
9 months ago
^Ignorant liberals will always gladly share their ignorance with you by trying to smear Republican candidates. I am aware that it was a brother of George Soros and not the leftist himself. My concern is that he seems to have lied about needing the money for law school. Why, with an income of $2.2M, would you receive an educational grant or scholarship? And then, why lie about your "need"? I came from a poor, working-class family where I absolutely needed scholarships to make my college education affordable, although I never dreamt of going to Harvard or Yale. A household income of $2.2M would have negated that need and my eligibility for those scholarships even though they were primarily merit-based.
gammanu95
9 months ago
The smearing and suspicions will come from the right on this one, and it's already happening if you see the article on Fox News and the comments people are posting there. The left doesn't have any major problem with Soros, who the right have painted to be a bogeyman.
wld4tatas
9 months ago
You’re right. I am outraged that Vivek accepted a scholarship he may not have needed. If he needed money, he should have painted one of those half million dollar artworks like Hunter did.
mark94
9 months ago
^ that is what your outraged about, how about Vivek’s statements about 9/11 being an inside job. SMH
twentyfive
9 months ago
Vivek is clear on his immigration policy *(rhetoric which would be immediately abandoned if he ever got close to power).* Fixed it for you.
LapHunt
9 months ago
“rhetoric which would be immediately abandoned if he ever got close to power” Thank goodness we’ve got moderate Joe Biden restoring normality and dignity, as he promised. A man of his word.
mark94
9 months ago
Snake Oil Salesman Ramaswamy had an interesting debate. He took a lot of incoming, but the polished slick con man had his canned one-line retorts ready. I found it interesting that he made comments during the debate about how God is real and that faith-based learning can play a part in addiction recovery. A very curious strategy; he tries to appeal to people of faith across the country, but does so while belonging to literally A DIFFERENT FAITH! Apparently, he thinks Hinduism (his religion) and Christianity are interchangeable, like Coke and Pepsi. Ah, but so it is with Snake Oil Salesmen, they are already thinking of how to spend your money (or, in this case, votes). The question is, will GOP primary voters fall for the ruse? I'll admit I can see Snake Oil gaining a few points with the media darling treatment that liberal Fox News (aka MSNBC Lite) gave him tonight.
LapHunt
9 months ago
Vivek Ramaswamy summed up in 10 seconds: [view link]
LapHunt
9 months ago
Vivek accomplished what he needed last night. He showed he was smart enough and tough enough to belong on that stage. Let’s see how he does in the polls over the next couple weeks. The fact that the left is concentrating their attacks on him tells me he is over the target.
mark94
9 months ago
Vivek opened by saying he and his family followed their faith in God. I believe that was intentionally misleading. He is a Hindu, which is fine. But Hindus have hundreds of gods and six -SIX!- main deities, three gods and three goddesses. While not being dishonest by saying he followed his faith in [a] God, he deliberately miscast himself as a Judeo-Christian or otherwise mainstream Western faith. This is the same lie that black liberation theorist Barry told when he was running in 2007.
gammanu95
9 months ago
I've heard Vivek talk a bunch and he says a lot that he's Hindu and worships at Christian churches (if a temple isn't around). He also went to Catholic school. Like Christians, Hindus pray to other gods (where as Christians pray to saints). I have a co-worker in India that prays to Jesus as one of the gods he workships...go figure. That being said, I don't think he was trying to mislead anyone. He's very open about his worship.
chiefwiggum
9 months ago
^ “Vivek accomplished what he needed last night” He sure convinced me he’s a con man and a bullshit artist, and just like his role model(Trump) he’s rude and doesn’t know when to shut the fuck up.
twentyfive
9 months ago
It honestly feels like Vivek is running for VP, which is fine, he wouldn't be the first Presidential candidate to be running that angle. I'm genuinely curious how MAGA will feel about him when he gets more name recognition. I feel like.MAGA is split between "keep America white no immigrants" and "a few rich Asian immigrants with the right skills is fine". Desantis doesn't feel like a front runner.
JamesSD
9 months ago
He’s boldly a sycophant. He’s not running for president. He’s auditioning. Very much like Buttigieg, though mayor Pete did win Iowa (eventually) and tied Bernie for the win in NH. The video of Ron Disastrous checking to see who else had their hands up to support Fuck L’orange before raising his own hand could’ve been his Dukakis tank helmet moment.
Hank Moody
9 months ago
I do feel like Buttigieg was "young guy putting his name out there to build his brand for the future". Also let's be honest, Democrats feel good having all the minorities represented on stage including LGBT+ before nominating an old white guy. And yeah the Trump support question was hilarious because 3/4 of the stage clearly wanted to see what direction the wind was blowing before raising their own hand.
JamesSD
9 months ago
"Vivek opened by saying he and his family followed their faith in God. I believe that was intentionally misleading. He is a Hindu, which is fine. But Hindus have hundreds of gods and six -SIX!- main deities, three gods and three goddesses." That phrase "intentionally misleading" pretty much sums him up. In every conversation, on every platform, he's calculating what he needs to say at that very moment (just like ChatGPT) to maximize his chances at making a sale...of Snake Oil.
LapHunt
9 months ago
I think Tim Scott had a good night last night, didn't engage in pettiness. Vivek came off as douchie Mike Pence seems desperate to get back in Chris Christie needs to take his ass back to MSNBC. I get it you don't like Trump but you should be coming after Biden more. Ron DeSantis. Every time this guy talks it's the same fucking thing. We did in this Florida, We did that in Florida. The first time you hear it, it's like ok cool but he's says the same fucking shit all the time. Your not inspiring anybody. And I like Ron, he'd be a great president but fuck dude you ain't gonna beat Trump right now with that. Nikky Haley had the best night according to the far lefties because you guessed it, nothing to do with policy or anything she said but that she was a women of color. That's basically the depth of how these folks think.
Muddy
9 months ago
^DeSantis will start shifting to more national messaging in time. For the first debate or two though, a lot of people who don't follow politics too regularly were tuning in, and I think it made sense to emphasize his success in Florida. But yeah, he can't just keep going to that well. I think he realizes that.
LapHunt
9 months ago
I didn't watch it, I don't have those cable stations. But from what I read, Christie had a pretty good line: “This is the great thing about this country, booing is allowed, but it doesn’t change the truth.”
wld4tatas
9 months ago
“Nikky Haley had the best night according to the far lefties because you guessed it, nothing to do with policy or anything she said but that she was a women of color. That's basically the depth of how these folks think.” Uh, no. She told a republican crowd whose votes she’s trying to get things they didn’t want to hear. That’s leadership and right now I’m voting for her in the republican primary. She said: 1. They’ll never get 60 votes in the senate for a national abortion ban so the party would have to accept incremental steps if they ever wanted to win a presidential election. 2. She said that 75% of America doesn’t want a Biden v. the Kentucky Fried President rematch and the party needs another option if they want to win. She got booed for this. And, something everyone wanted to see, she shut up Ramaswamy and eviscerated him on foreign policy. She basically didn’t treat republican voters like we’re idiots. The fact that she’s a good looking chick is a bonus.
Hank Moody
9 months ago
^I'm not a Haley fan, but each of the points made above was sound. These reasons may help explain this poll result after the debate: Donald Trump: 45% Ron DeSantis: 18% Nikki Haley: 11% Vivek Ramaswamy: 7% Chris Christie: 4% Tim Scott: 3% Mike Pence: 2% Larry Elder: 1% Asa Hutchinson: 1% Will Hurd: 1% Doug Burgum: 1% Poll conducted by: InsiderAdvantage Date: 8/24 N=850
LapHunt
9 months ago
All the candidates have more accurate and more current polls than anything we can see. There is a reason all the attacks were on Vivek during the debate.
mark94
9 months ago
^Yeah, because he's a phony Snake Oil Salesman and an obvious easy target.
LapHunt
9 months ago
^ Exactly, and the other candidates see right through it.
wld4tatas
9 months ago
Oh yeah, and she also said the Orange Menace is “the most hated politician in America.” Again, he has his base, and she risked losing them to speak the truth. If he’s the nominee, Biden gets re-elected and Kamala runs in 2028. I want better choices.
Hank Moody
9 months ago
While I generally consider him a slimeball, Greg Gutfeld does make me laugh sometimes. In his post-debate recap, discussing exchanges between Haley and Ramaswamy, he said: "Wow, talk about some hot Indian-on-Indian action right there. If Joe Biden had just turned on the debate, he'd think 7-Eleven started a talk show." LMAO
wld4tatas
9 months ago
Agree with several prior posters about Vivek R being a snake oil salesman. Some Wiki cliff notes: 1) Rap videos by VR is nothing new. While in college (03 - 07), he performed rap songs under s/n Da-Vek. 2) While in school, Vivek R did an internship with a hedge fund, and worked for hedge fund after graduation. That background ( I hold hedge funds on about the same level as crooks) coupled with prior post on going to Soros organization for financial assistance for law school while making ~ $2M/yr raises my eyebrows wrt my vote for him. 3) What really takes the cake is his criticism of a hedge fund managers fraud conviction, calling it a victimless crime. Yeah, right, to the tune of plaintiffs being awarded ~ $64M ? Is this the man I want near the levers of power ? 4) Last year, I looked into his "Strive Asset Management".. (Which had ads running on some YT talk shows). I liked the anti-woke stance, until I talked with 1 of my financial advisors , who essentially pointed out that "SAM" was nothing more than another 500 Index Fund. (Further research showed that Strive held shares in Disney and some other woke/ESG corporations.) Snake oil salesman indeed.
minnow
9 months ago
It seems the main objection to Vivek can be summarized as him being a rich Hindu who talks too fast and is a Snake Oil salesman ( not sure what that means ). Oh, and he rapped an Eminem song. I prefer to look at his policies. Close the border. Decouple from China. End Ukraine war. Lay off 75% of government workers. Bring back manufacturing. Drill, baby, drill. School choice. Etc. If he does that, I can overlook the rapping.
mark94
9 months ago
@wld4tatas I lol'd hard at that
Muddy
9 months ago
Wait, you guys really think the GOP is going to give the nod to a Swamy? You know the Trump contingent doesn't care for his skin tone....cmon now, figure that out.v They can barely get a package delivered to their cul de sac by a person of color, let alone a presidential candidate.
jaybud999
9 months ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion