Week 0 CFB

Friday, August 25, 2023 2:07 PM
Anyone else excited to lose their kids college fund betting on completely pointless games this weekend like: Ohio / San Diego State Vandy / Hawaii Remember that’s O-H-I-O not Ohio State or even Miami of Ohio. I can’t even remember what conference my Alma mater is in.

2 comments

Isn’t it time to do away with the non-conference games. With conferences being 16, 18, 20 teams in size, doesn’t it make sense to expand the conference schedule? Maybe one preseason tune up non conference game, but the rest of the schedule should be filled with up with your mega conference brothers
motorhead
9 months ago
I think the games that aren't competitive are good for the sport. It gives the less talented teams an opportunity test themselves against strong opponents, and it gives the more talented teams opportunities to develop younger players and focus on other games. It also teaches them about "trap games" and not overlooking a hungry opponent with nothing to lose. They might not be as entertaining to watch, but they're good for the players/teams IMO.
Dolfan
9 months ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion