RIP: Jimmy Buffett

Saturday, September 2, 2023 8:16 AM
Singer songwriter Jimmy Buffett has passed away at age 76 Kudos for parlaying one hit song into a billion dollar fortune and becoming a pop icon

16 comments

Life's a beach . They'll be sipping Margarita's on the beaches in Heaven tonight R.I.P. Jimmy Buffet King of the Parrot Heads
twentyfive
8 months ago
I'll make sure to mix up some margaritas in his honor for the cookout this weekend.
whodey
8 months ago
Damn. One of my heroes. Turned bad life decisions into a fabulous career.😪
ATACdawg
8 months ago
Damn. Maybe “one hit song,” but a deep catalog and a true musical craftsman. Listen to “A Sailor’s Christmas,” it’s like a songwriting master course. Good storyteller & “novelist” too. Saw him many times live; great in a small venue with a small band, although his later years as a big band legacy act were meh. But he was all about the audience & entertaining them, and he earned that fortune. RIP.
RiskA
8 months ago
he just might smile among all if everybody sometime during this long weekend bought at least one cheeseburger.
rattdog
8 months ago
👍
ATACdawg
8 months ago
Yeah that sucks I mean who hasn’t heard one of his songs at some beach bar. I saw him about 10 years back. I happen to know a group of Parrotheads that would actually follow him on tour.
Muddy
8 months ago
RIP, Jimmy Buffet. IMHO, a bit of Key West went with him on his new journey. Every time I bought a cheeseburger in a strip club, I smilingly thought of his song.
minnow
8 months ago
Any friend of a parrot is a friend of this rick. RIP
rickthelion
8 months ago
just to celebrate... I bought some excellent margaritas and got drunk last night.
Jascoi
8 months ago
also had a double cheeseburger just after the midnight of his death. it was dang good.
Jascoi
8 months ago
My wife and I both had cheeseburgers, fries and margaritas in Jimmy's honor last night at the Marina's dock bar and restaurant. Even tipped the live entertainer to do Margaritaville.
ATACdawg
8 months ago
I got a crazy ass tye dye Jimmy buffet t shirt I got to dig up and start wearing again.
Muddy
8 months ago
One of my favorite troubadours!
rockie
8 months ago
Next TUSCL meet up is at the beach somewhere we’re all gettin fucked up and we’re gonna celebrate the life and legacy of Jimmy Buffet. 🍻
Muddy
8 months ago
We can have that meetup on my boat - Herrington Harbor North, Deale, MD!
ATACdawg
8 months ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion