I’m not an elitist snob….

Thursday, September 28, 2023 4:06 PM
But it was nice to see the Senate adopt a resolution requiring members to dress in business attire - jacket, tie and long pants. That Fetterman freak was making a mockery of the institution by showing up in a hoodie and basketball shorts. I know times have changed - people wear gym attire to fly instead of a jacket and tie. And gone are the days men wore a white shirt and tie to a baseball game. But Fetterman was disrespecting the dignity of the office. L

21 comments

Does that guy who refuses to wear a suit jacket also bother you? Both bother me.
BumHip
8 months ago
Economy is falling apart, and THIS is what the Senate chooses as their focus? Steve Jobs gave 1000s of people jobs and developed phenomenal technology while wearing jeans and t-shirts. I'll take (a) good economy and poorly dressed politicians over (b) poor economy and well-dressed politicians. However, Fetterman could do a bit better than the hoodies....that's a bit extreme.
funonthaside
8 months ago
Every time I see Fetterman's face I hear Peter Boyle screaming "PUTTIN ON DA RRIIIITTTTTZZZZZZZZ!"
Mainster
8 months ago
I laughed hard at the fact they decided to just not touch women's clothing at all to avoid an actual debate. So now that they have addressed this "important" topic I assume they will deal with term and age limits, filibuster reform, confirm appointments and deal with actually important issues? No?
JamesSD
8 months ago
Mitch McConnell (and Diane Feimstein) are making more of a mockery of the Senate by not retiring than a hoodie ever could
JamesSD
8 months ago
Mainster said ""PUTTIN ON DA RRIIIITTTTTZZZZZZZZ!" That's such a great movie.
Call.Me.Ishmael
8 months ago
Never should have been an issue as it never should have been dropped. Of course there should be a level of decorum. Those pretending that doesn’t matter are choosing to turn a blind eye because, of course, it doesn’t fit their political feelings.
Brahma2k
8 months ago
Uncle Fester!
Muddy
8 months ago
Attire matters. The economy matters. Mandatory retirement ages matter. Of course, the latter two are more important than the former. However, there is no surprise that a hack like Fetterman who refuses to acknowledge his own lack of fitness for office would also be unwilling to acknowledge the importance of attire as it relates to the decorum of governance of the most powerful nation on Earth.
gammanu95
8 months ago
I think we can all find some common ground, at least among the "commando with sweatpants" contingent of which Fetterman would likely embrace.
funonthaside
8 months ago
I just hope they don't go back to powdered wigs.
Jascoi
8 months ago
I for one am writing my senators now to demand a return to powdered wigs. Also men need to wear heels no shorter than 6".
JamesSD
8 months ago
"But it was nice to see the Senate adopt a resolution requiring members to dress in business attire - jacket, tie and long pants." That's like applying a coat of fresh paint to a piece of rotten wood.
WiseToo
8 months ago
There’s dignity in the US Senate, Bwaahhahaha.
twentyfive
8 months ago
I read that when they relaxed the dress code for doofus because wearing grown-up clothes depressed him, they were still going to make male visitors in the gallery wear coats and ties. Can that level of hypocrisy even be measured?
Studme53
8 months ago
The east coast's obsession with coats and ties is fucking weird.
JamesSD
8 months ago
The northeast has an obsession with suit and ties (Navy Blue suit, crisp white shirt and red and blue regimental tie today) and its probably because the oldest part of the country; the most traditional part of the country; the richest part of the country and the whitest part. Don't worry I wear ratty close in my office. Try getting into the clubhouse at Saratoga race course in anything less than jacket and tie and see how far you get.
skibum609
8 months ago
^Yes! Why put on this show of dignity and authority. Turn the Capitol into a shelter for immigrants and let the Senate meet at some convention center in Maryland or an old National Guard armory garage. They can dress however the fuck they want as long as they don’t affect my life and don’t raise my taxes. Make the White House an AirB&B p.m. and let the President do business from his home - I don’t care as long as he doesn’t give our taxpayer money away and keeps us out of war.
Studme53
8 months ago
I ask every client if they prefer suit and tie justice or sweatpants and t-shirt and then dress accordingly for their next court appearance. Final score suit and tie 99 - sweatpants 1.
skibum609
8 months ago
Alls I know is when I see these people wearing 5 thousand dollar Brioni and Hugo Boss suits, with hand made dress shirts and thousand dollar Bruno Magli shoes I get sick to my stomach at how much money these pigs make and despite the huge salaries they get free healthcare all kinds of taxpayer funded perks along with a three day work week even two months where they’re paid even though the capital is closed every major holiday and two months off every summer, I find it sickening, as far as I’m concerned these thrives could wear Chinese made clothes they still are the a n un-American group of grifters and charlatans, they deserve to be tarred, feathered and run out of town on a rail.
twentyfive
8 months ago
Someone once told me, "when you use the word 'but' after a statement, the initial statement is a lie". skibum's anecdote of suit-and-tie vs casual wear is valid, largely due to uptight societal standards/expectations.
funonthaside
8 months ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion