I’m not an elitist snob….

Thursday, September 28, 2023 4:06 PM
But it was nice to see the Senate adopt a resolution requiring members to dress in business attire - jacket, tie and long pants. That Fetterman freak was making a mockery of the institution by showing up in a hoodie and basketball shorts. I know times have changed - people wear gym attire to fly instead of a jacket and tie. And gone are the days men wore a white shirt and tie to a baseball game. But Fetterman was disrespecting the dignity of the office. L

1 comment

I don't want to go back to a time where everything is formal. I don't particularly like getting dressed up. But there's a time and place for it. The Senate floor is one of those places. Fetterman has been making a mockery of the institution. He claimed that not wearing a suit was necessary for his mental health. If the man can't make himself look presentable maybe he shouldn't be a Senator. I might cut the man some slack if he had been showing up in khakis and a button down. But shorts and a hoodie? Question for those who might know: did men wear a jacket and tie to take a long distance train in the 50's and 60's? Airline travel was pretty exclusively the domain of the wealthy back in those days so I could imagine the standards might have reflected that demographic.
caseyx
8 months ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion