Dream Girls
980 John A Papalas Dr Lincoln Park, MI 48146

Free admission to UAW strikers.

Saturday, September 30, 2023 3:47 AM
As the UAW strike continues, a local strip club is doing its part to help out the autoworkers during their historic labor dispute. Dream Girls Detroit in Lincoln Park says that it will offer complimentary admission for UAW members for the duration of the strike. “The United Auto Workers are not only essential to the city of Detroit, but our country’s infrastructure as a whole,” said Andrea Woods, director of community relations and Finance for Go BEST!, which represents Dream Girls. “Because of their hard work and dedication, we decided to give back during these times of uncertainty.” UAW workers must provide proof of employment to redeem the deal, and be age 21 or older. Under its new president Shawn Fain, the union has launched its first-ever strike against all Big Three Detroit automakers at the same time. As of Friday, 25,000 UAW members are on strike across the country, seeking higher wages and a 32-hour workweek, among other demands. On their way to the strip club, UAW members might consider stopping at Ultra Cannabis or the Greenhouse of Walled Lake, which are both offering deals on weed to UAW members for the duration of the strike.

9 comments

Does the UAW still even have strike pay? What is the point of getting into a place where 0 $ = 0 fun?
ilbbaicnl
8 months ago
(1)admission is approx. 5% of a typical cost of my SC visit (2)show up before 8 and admission is free at the places I go
Brahma2k
8 months ago
I'm sure the dancers will LOVE this idea.....inviting people chasing a freebie into the club. If they can't afford a $20 cover charge, how can they afford LD and stage tips? While I'm not implying the workers don't have money, I don't think waiving a cover will cause them to suddenly think, "hmmmmm....maybe I'll check out a strip club". However, they will have more free time, if not actively picketing.....so they may very well be flooding the strip clubs in their free time. I suppose this could be a tactic by the club to pull guys to them instead of competitors.
funonthaside
8 months ago
Great....discounted weed.....so when they return to work, they will be stoned. I'm certainly not rushing out to buy a Big 3 vehicle....not that it was ever going to happen anyway.
funonthaside
8 months ago
What's the point? It's good publicity for the club. That's all.
caseyx
8 months ago
"Does the UAW still even have strike pay? What is the point of getting into a place where 0 $ = 0 fun?" Union members who are striking are earning $500 a week. And this Dream Girls is a Deja Vu corporate run club. So of course they would do something like this.
BubbleYum
7 months ago
And do you think Dream Girls may even cash the $500 strike pay check, if asked to do so? Of course, it would be viewed as a public service to help the autoworkers avoid an unnecessary trip to the bank.
WiseToo
7 months ago
I believe it's direct deposit.
BubbleYum
7 months ago
There's a though, I´m allowed to pick multiple accounts for direct deposit. Maybe I could deposit a percentage to my #1 fav's cashapp. Would save me trips to the ATM.
ilbbaicnl
7 months ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion