Detroit Strip Cubs during UAW Strike?

Wednesday, October 4, 2023 4:51 PM
How is the UAW strike affecting Detroit strip clubs? It seems like striking autoworkers would have more time on their hands to go to strip clubs, but less money to spend.

8 comments

This sounds like one of those old Playboy pictorial blurbs " Underneath the Coveralls: Striking UAW Babes". Picketing by day, pole-dancing by night.
gammanu95
7 months ago
Dream girls advertising free cover for UAW
aham5
7 months ago
I don't know much about auto workers, but, when working, don't most of them work long hours and shift work? I'm sure there are those with dayshift, 8 hours, but I would think most of those would be workers with seniority. Then you have those that do strenuous activity as part of their job....if it were me, I want to relax at home vice hit a club after that. Guess what I'm saying is, I don't think UAW workers make up a large percentage of stripclub patrons. Could be wrong, though.
ww
7 months ago
I'm guessing UAW workers are more likely found at Bogarts, Cricket or Henry's
aham5
7 months ago
Personally if I was on strike from my job and not getting paid, even if I had plenty of money saved up I wouldn’t be blowing it at a strip club.
shailynn
7 months ago
I will say detroit clubs have been pretty slow the past couple weeks. Could be the unseasonably warm weather. The strike can't help any. When 20000 people aren't getting paid in the city... there's a ripple effect to many industries.
7 months ago
I dont know about you but cubs always make me jerk off
rawhide
7 months ago
The UAW strikers are getting $500/week for strike pay, but otherwise no other income related to the automakers. Local factories are laying off non-union employees now, which is creating a huge domino effect of really slow business at the clubs. I've only worked at Legends and Landing Strip since the strike started and definitely feel the effects of the strike. Legends has been completely dead. The last two Lions home games have me concerned and wondering if I should leave that club/dancing for good. That club has been traditionally packed for home football games and there were countless open booths on the first floor after the first Lions home game got out. I overheard so many girls complaining about struggling that day. In the last lions home game was even more empty with customers with more girls showing up. I worked a Friday and Saturday at Landing Strip two weekends ago or so and the Friday I worked was pitiful. I basically broke even that night. Some of the girls were complaining in the locker room of that night. And Saturday wasn't much better. A lot of the customers I've been meeting at both clubs are either from out of town visiting or they work in a completely different industry. There are a handful of regulars I know who work in the auto industry and haven't been seen since the strikes started nor have two of them replied to my texts. Tl;Dr the effects of the strike is definitely being felt in clubs. Foot traffic is down and a lot of girls are complaining and struggling and some are having a difficult time making ends meet.
BubbleYum
7 months ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion