Palestine, Israel, and Hamas - the long view

Thursday, October 12, 2023 6:23 PM
I have actually spent a lot of time thinking about what the right and moral way for Israel to handle Hamas, Gaza, and the Palestinians would be. The terrorist and Islamist element in Gaza and the West Bank must be wiped out. However, no one should be advocating for genocide against the Palestinians or the complete displacement of Palestinians from their historical land. The United States has a key strategic National Security interest in keeping a strong and secure Israel in the Middle East as a bulwark and ally for any future conflicts in the area. The most apparent option, which appears to be underway, is a total warfare purging of Hamas from the Palestinian lands by building-to-building, street-to-street fighting. This will likely compare or even exceed the tally of KIA and wounded during Fallujah or Mosul. It is horrific but necessary. But what happens afterward? Gaza and the West Bank should be administered by Israel as territories, akin to DC or Puerto Rico here. Palestinians pay taxes, enjoy freedom of speech and religion, social services and entitlements equal to all Israeli citizens, etc. There is no Palestinian Authority. They can elect municipal leaders, city councils, and non-voting delegates to the Knesset. Should they be able to vote in General Elections in Israel? Should they be able to move out of the Palestinian territories to other parts of Israel and vote for other offices? To say “yes” would jeopardize Israel’s Jewish identity in the long-term. To say “no” would turn Israel into the apartheid state that liars already call it as. Weapons must be prevented from entering the Palestinian territories at all costs. There would be no Palestinian militia or police force. The Israeli government would have to control all ports of entry – land, sea, and air. There would have to be special courts and tribunals set up to review possible violations of the laws restricting Palestinian weapons possession. They should be free from unreasonable search and seizure, but enforcement agencies should be able to move quickly and discreetly when trafficking or planning is reasonably suspected. All the free world will benefit from Hamas being wiped from the face of the Earth. As such, the UN should establish a fund to assist Israel and the Palestinians in the rebuilding of Gaza. To leave them impoverished and destitute will only make the next generation of Hamas worse – more bitter and more violent. If the United States could heal from the Civil War, as did Europe and Japan from the Second World War, then it is reasonable to expect that Palestine and Israel can heal after this conflict IF the human dignity of both parties is taught and respected to all generations. Those are my thoughts, I would love to hear yours (some trolling expected and will be ignored)

24 comments

I would like to think there is a solution as you outlined, but most likely war will continue forever in the Middle East. I would say Israel needs to eliminate the Gaza Strip and deport all Palestinians to the West Bank. At least in future conflicts, there would be one less front Israel would have to fight on. I fear Israel may lose its Jewish identity one day, not because of the grit of the IDF, but rather due to the secular decay of the people. The modern Israeli is more like a Sam Bankman-Fried than a Meir Har-Zion. I have read articles about how some of the Jews killed in the recent Hamas attacks were Palestine sympathizers and peaceniks. I wonder if they even fought back. The younger generations of Israelis are slowing becoming soft and don't have the grit of the men and women who fought in the Six-Day War and Yom Kippur War. If the IDF clears out the Gaza Strip building by building, it will be extremely bloody. Would Israel accept losing ten of thousands of troops to complete its mission? Hamas has extensive tunnel networks and advanced weapons provided by Iran. The next month or two will be interesting.
sinclair
7 months ago
Let us now correct some errors. The Gza strip was always part of Egypt, not Palestinian land. The West Bank was part of Jordan, the Palestinian homeland where they should all live. Apartheid was specific to South Africa. There has never once in history been a msulim, or Arab state with Jerusalem as its' capitol. The remainder of the OP's post makes perfect sense, except for one thing: No Palestinian leader has even one in history indicated that they would accept even one of his ideas. The Palestinians want to kill all the Jews and take all the land. They have been specific since 1948 that that was the goal and peace treaties were just a means to that end. Because Hamas and its' supporters are inhuman garbage it makes the P.A. authority seem like benign terrorists, but they are no different other than being less verbal. Anyone who thinks born and bred southerners have recovered from the Civil War either has never been there, never read a book, or is incapable of understanding. I went to High School there, where we did not learn about the Civil War, but did learn about the war of northern aggression. We also had Jefferson Davis' birthday off from school. This was only 50 years ago, but more than 100 after the civil war ended. There was no insane religious component to deal with either. As far as teaching me about the Palestinians and their dignity? I am not a Nazi and see no dignity in anything they did from killing my 9 year old neighbor in 1968, to Navy Diver Robert Steatham, to the Olympic massacre, to Leon Klinghoffer. Nice dream OP, but people like you ain't tricking the Jews and the fact you see the sides as equal just makes you a joke. The reason we could make mends with Germany and Japan is because theywere annihilated. 100,000 died in one day in the firebombing of Dresden and many, many, more in Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Pretty much all civilians. Israel is actually following your idea - peace will only come after the enemy is eradicated to a tipping point. As far as tunnels? There has to be some miniaturized version of a neutron bomb by now. If not gasoline and explosives in every tunnel should work.
skibum609
7 months ago
One thing if there are American hostages I’m sure Delta/Seals are already on it we probably just wont hear about it.
Muddy
7 months ago
Should anyone be fearful of the “Global Day of Jihad” ? NYC, LAPD and DC have all stepped up their police presence. Personally, I’m not worried but then last weekend’s attack was a surprise too
motorhead
7 months ago
@Muddy - the news is reporting that DEVGRU and Delta are in the region and on standby, but Israelis are taking the lead. As a friendly nation, US forces cannot go into Israel, even to rescue Americans. Unfortunately, the Israelis showed that their intelligence in Gaza sucks. I believe they will be so desperate to redeem themselves that they will not allow direct action by foreign operators, whether they need it or not.
gammanu95
7 months ago
OP is either the stupidest person who’s ever posted or he’s a Quisling, gammanu you’re a fucking idiot, and a fraud and everyone here knows it.
twentyfive
7 months ago
As a friendly nation the US cannot go into Israel? God, what a stupid thing to say. If they ask and we say yes, we go stupid. No wonder you suck Trump's cock you ignorant nazi fuck. Please Donald Trump, have a stroke.
skibum609
7 months ago
'The Squad' Gets Security Briefing Amid Increased Threats http://newser.com/s341341
shailynn
7 months ago
So I looked it up. For reasons I’ll never understand, “civilizations” have been fighting over this 39 square mile piece of worthless desert for more than 3500 years, starting in 1400 BC. I see no workable long term solution for Gaza other than turning it into a parking lot.
iknowbetter
7 months ago
How Britain Started the Arab-Israeli Conflict | Free Documentary History https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXfuqUhzESg
CJKent_band
7 months ago
Fuck so-called Israel and its US sponsored genocide of the native Palestinians. The world stands with the people of Gaza against US/Israeli genocide.
Dave_Anderson
7 months ago
I don't even completely blame Israhell for what its are doing to the defenseless people of Gaza. I blame the US regime and the American people who support it for enabling this genocide. Biden is 100% guilty of this crime against humanity by green lighting it, encouraging it, and, as always, funding it.
Dave_Anderson
7 months ago
I don't ever want to hear shit about the Holycost or Jews being "victims" ever again after what they are doing to the defenseless people in Gaza.
Dave_Anderson
7 months ago
ADL = every white majority Western country must invite the entire third world to overrun its borders and become the majority or its "full of hate." Same ADL = Israel is a Jewish national homeland that has an inherent right to exist as an ethnio-national state for the Jewish people with strict border controls and mini-enclaves to segregate the indigenous population.
Dave_Anderson
7 months ago
All this energy to support Israel at all costs - but the war in Darfur has been going on for a good 20 years. Almost a million Rwandans were slaughtered in one summer, but the US/UN did nothing. Oh yeah…these involved black people - so that’s why nobody cares enough to intervene. Fuck the War in Israel.
FLAP3000
7 months ago
I see Dave has taken some time off from suckibg Donald Trump s cock. Fucking nazi. Fuck the Palestinians and you cunt.
skibum609
7 months ago
Not sure what your recent angst towards me is about…but you certainly talk a lot about sucking cock. Is THIS the reason you talked about retiring?? This is for you @skifag
FLAP3000
7 months ago
^I knew you were one of the regular douchebags with a new name. here's hoping you get help for your child molestation issues. You been fuckin yo mama boy?
skibum609
7 months ago
What do you do against an enemy who cares so little about its own civilians that it even uses them as human shields? How many Jews have to die of random rocket assaults and assorted terrorists acts spanning countless years, including of course this most recent atrocity, before Israel is compelled to act, even if it means that some of the human shields are killed in the process? How could anyone possibly believe that Israel WANTS conflict with the Palestinians? Israel is a country the size of New Jersey with a paltry 10 million people, surrounded by 100s of millions of Muslims. It has tried to make peace with the Palestinians too many times to count and has spent obscene amounts of money in providing them with humanitarian aid. But all of their offers have been rejected and the money, instead of going to alleviate the suffering of civilians, was instead used to purchase weapons to use against Israel. In a nutshell, what do you do against an enemy that cares about the destruction of your country over all else? At some point, you have to accept that peace is not possible and destroy them instead.
rickdugan
7 months ago
Theres been tiktok videos posted of a lineup of bulldozers right near Gaza. This isnt about defending themselves but actually a long term plan to take over additional land. The human shields argument can also be applied to instances when Palestinians attack Israel. Its purely a statement made by israel- who has a huge history of engaging in dishonesty, theft, and manipulation. In the literal sense yes they dont want conflict with the Arabs- but they do want the lands from the Arabs. Self defense is an excuse they make but its dishonest. Theyre basically looking to clear out the area to take over the land. If you look at the Yinon Plan, israels long term agenda is to destabilize and take over the entire middle east. Look at the lavon affair and USS liberty incident… which show the types of things israel is willing to engage in… the lengths they will go to… they wanted the US to believe it was egypt who attacked the uss liberty…. But when it wasn’t possible, they fessed up to doing it but claimed it was just an accident. The lavon affair proves it wasnt a mere accident. One problem is a lot of the people supporting israel are doing so not because of any legitimate moral belief, but just because of religious reasons. So no matter what happens, even if israel kills billions of people, they will make the necessary excuses to justify it, sweep under the rug, and still present israel as being the right side. Israel is basically the rights version of BLM… we saw the same sort of excuses being made for BLM where no matter how many people were robbed or killed by BLM… excuses were made. No matter what the context or scenario was, it was presented as showing a black person is always on the right side in any conflict with a non black person or the police… The rocket misfiring excuse was ridiculous… imagine if people started going around the 1400 civilians killed in israel were killed due to israels own rockets misfiring…? It’s crazy to see that so many people who believe the media is fake, unreliable, biased, cant be trusted, suddenly believe it’s 100% accurate and honest when it comes to israel. The problem with israel isnt just its initial creation being based on theft. If that was the situation you could make the argument that its been 70+ years, the people living in israel in the modern day have nothing to do with the people who stole it 70+ years ago, so a compromise has to be made with israel and palestine. Israel has continued to expand during the last 70+ years, it wants more and more (free) stolen land, kills more and more people… it basically wants the entire middle east to itself. Even if it doesnt want the land itself… it considers any Arab country to be a threat. Thus, it will do anything it can to destabilize and control any Arab country. It’s pretty clear that there’s many different countries who blindly believe anything Israel tells them… the only justification Israel needs to steal and secure a piece of land, is if someone on that land fires weapons or rockets at israel. So if all that’s necessary for israel to steal billions of dollars worth of land is for someone on that land to fire at them, and if most of the world will blindly believe anything israel says and back israel at all cost, then obviously israel could just send their own rats to different countries to fire rockets back at israel. Then israel needs to secure the area and can use that as justification to steal that land. Theyve done it with Palestine, Lebanon, Syria, Jordan, Egypt and would probably do it anywhere they could get away with it.
rickmacrodong
7 months ago
I’ve had former military personnel tell me in no uncertain terms that the Israeli zionists are the worst terrorist group they’ve seen - along with the most clandestine. The Al-Qaeda and ISIS are horrible as well of course, but at least they don’t hide their agendas. They let the world know that they are horrible killers and don’t paint themselves out as the victim ALL the time. They don’t act helpless and plead for the support of other nations because they cannot defend themselves. I feel very sorry for the innocent people on both sides that are being affected by this horrible tragedy. But I wish countries were as anxious to get involved when brown ppl are being slaughtered in droves due to conflict like in Darfur, Ethiopia, Rwanda, etc.
FLAP3000
7 months ago
Great, let's deport all of the BLM activists to Darfur, Ethiopia, and Rwanda, where they are truly needed. Two problems solved with one solution.
gammanu95
7 months ago
@gammanu95 - I’m Not sure if you were trying to be Dickish or offensive with that last statement - but I actually agree with you wholeheartedly. I HATE the BLM movement. Lol A bunch of ppl that complain about the few isolated instances of white on black violence but ignore the thousands of black-on-black homicides that occur every year.
FLAP3000
7 months ago
Flap There is also like 3-4x as much black on white violence as white on black. Plus of course they ignore all the black on mexican, black on asian, black on indian, white on mexican, white on asian, white on indian, vice versa…
rickmacrodong
7 months ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion