Even The Limes Aren’t Safe In Mexico

Thursday, October 26, 2023 1:25 AM
Margaritas, Like Juice and Blood. [view link]

65 comments

This is the way of life in Mexico. My ex wife was born and raised in the state of Jalisco on a small patch of earth that her parents owned. They ate what they grew. Their cash crop was marijuana. They could only sell to one person. If they tried to sell to some one else for more money, they would have been killed.
shadowcat
7 months ago
Pretty astonishing that this degree of corruption sits directly next to the US. While not ‘new news’ it is the prevalence and depth that fuels Mexican and central American people’s’ desire to flee.
captainfun
7 months ago
Everyone in the world outside the United States knows that the Largest Terrorist Organization in the Story of Humanity is in control of the Drug Cartels all over the world; the CIA Central Intelligence Agency. All the arms the Cartels use are provided by the USA. The CIA finances and control terrorist groups designated by the US State Department as Foreign Terrorist Organizations. The UNDENIABLE REALITY IS: It's all about power, money and greed from Americans and Mexicans governments and their criminal organizations in both sides of the border.
CJKent_band
7 months ago
UNDENIABLE Despite his fact that Americans live in Denial.
CJKent_band
7 months ago
Our country is going down faster than a dancer on the last day of the month.
Context22
7 months ago
what is it with these corrupt government officials and cartel bosses and other power hungry greedy people that get their fingers in legitimate businesses and extract money under threat of torture, kidnapping, theft, murder???
Jascoi
7 months ago
I guess the cartels and policia learned from the mafia on extracting protection money. economic and political greediness and hell with letting people make a decent living honestly. power hungry people... I'm getting beyond annoyed and frustrated with the situation.
Jascoi
7 months ago
When I get a corona I squeeze the shit out of that lime and leave it for the bartender. I put a napkin over it. Is that dick move? I never know what to do with it.
Muddy
7 months ago
^ put it in your pocket and you can use it as deodorant the next day.
shailynn
7 months ago
In Mexico 🇲🇽 and Latin America, while the DEA claims to fight the war on drugs, the CIA ensures that its chosen kingpins drug lords and cartels remain above the law.
CJKent_band
7 months ago
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ T H E U N D E N I A B L E R E A L I TY
CJKent_band
7 months ago
If you understand that Mexican industry and government is more like a mafia than what we have here, more of a no-holds-barred corporate structure where everything is for sale, it’s easy to see how limes are commodities just like drugs are. It’s a shitty system, but it’s not uncommon in the world.
drewcareypnw
7 months ago
^^^^^^^^^^^ “If you understand that the Mexican/American industry and government is a mafia than anything else we have here, more of a no-holds-barred corporate structure where everything is for sale, it’s easy to see how limes are commodities just like drugs are. It’s a shitty American system, but it’s not uncommon in the world.” I fixed that for you people, you are welcome.
CJKent_band
7 months ago
CJ what the fuck is your problem? I actually give you a chance and listen to what you say, and even agree with you from time to time, and don’t mind saying so. Is your idea to alienate the last person on tuscl that gives you an ounce of credit?
drewcareypnw
7 months ago
@drewcareypnw There’s a reason “divide and conquer” has remained a tried-and-true strategy for millennia — it works. The U.S.-Mexico “border” is a perfect example. If you can make Americans hate Mexicans and vice-versa, then they will spend all their time fighting amongst each other rather than going after their colluding corrupted governments who rule them. It's a strategy that is as old as the concept of Empires, Kingdoms and conquerors. Mexicans and Americans belong to the same group of Human Beings the border doesn’t matter. It’s never been about left vs right (or Mexicans vs Americans) More like 0.1% of regular ass humans tricking the rest of us into fighting among ourselves while they rob us blind.” ~ SanchoRG, Texas ~ Joined Aug, 2017 “America sucks and needs to be dismantled.” ~ Papi_Chulo, TUSCL, August 14, 2020 ~ White (Cuban) guy residing in Miami, FL ^ Sad but so true Papi. ~ Warrior15, TUSCL, August 14, 2020 ~ Just a Monger looking for some Action.
CJKent_band
7 months ago
What’s more plausible? Some abstract conspiracy with a vague outcome? Or people in different countries just live differently? If you’ve actually spent any time there other than in brothels, you’ll know that the two are very different and that cartels dominate politics and business, as does graft. Sure, we’re all human beings, but on one side of the border we don’t live day to day bribing cops, notaries, judges, school principles, etc. there is a difference, and I’m not some jingoistic right winger just saying everything outside America sucks.
drewcareypnw
7 months ago
@drewcareypnw The most plausible explanation is that Denial Is the Bain and Heartbeat of America. When have you or any American in tUSCL have been willing to admit that you are wrong about the fact that America is just good and bad as any other country? Remember Texas, California, Nevada etc, were part of Mexico 🇲🇽 before they became part of America. Americans steadfastly refused to acknowledge thwe are a class-stratified society.
CJKent_band
7 months ago
All the bribes you mentioned happen in America, we only call them by a different name and refuse to acknowledge them. Ask Americans in tuscl to take a look at yourselves as you are, not as you wish to be seen, and see what happens.
CJKent_band
7 months ago
^ Are you this much of an asshole in person or is this an act ? Either way, shut the fuck up, your fifteen minutes have expired long ago!
twentyfive
7 months ago
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ So ridiculous, @twentyfive must work on his Anger Management Problem, then go to a good old fashioned movie with a friend. Chill @twentyfive Chill! ~ Greta Tintin Eleonora Ernman Thunberg ~ Born: 3rd Januaryk 2003 , Sweden ~ Occupation: Student, environmental activist ~ Author of some of the most liked tweets in history
CJKent_band
7 months ago
^ So stupid CJKunt is a fool without purview, you really believe anyone here cares enough about your absurd opinion to actually be angry. What a dumbass.
twentyfive
7 months ago
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Denial Is the Bain and Heartbeat of America. :D
CJKent_band
7 months ago
“ All the bribes you mentioned happen in America, we only call them by a different name” So I think you are a teacher, right? Have you ever worked at a school where a principal was bribed to give a teaching job to an unqualified applicant? Happens in Mexico all the time.
drewcareypnw
7 months ago
@drewcareypnw Yes, I have seen all kind of bribes in small cities/towns in the USA. Bribes from parents to ensure student access, good grades, grade progression, and graduation are the most common. Teacher absenteeism—teachers collect salaries but the intended instruction does not occur, is another example. “Public school corruption is common, with perpetrators rarely held accountable.” “Bad Education: Why Shocking Public School Corruption Remains Hidden” https://www.heritage.org/education/commentary/bad-education-why-shocking-public-school-corruption-remains-hidden Sorry to break it to you, but Santa and the Tooth Fairy are not real. America 🇺🇸 is not that different from Mexico, 🇲🇽 , it is just a matter of Spanish and English, like Spain 🇪🇸 is not that different from England. America’s insatiable consumer demand for illicit drugs and the constant flow of American guns, which arm the cartels, causes the corruption and violence in Mexico and Latin America and that corruption and violence now and then spills over the border. Because the border is an imaginary line and people are the same in both sides of the imaginary line.
CJKent_band
7 months ago
You didn’t answer my question, because the answer was “no Drew, I haven’t seen that but if I root around the internet long enough I’ll find something really watered down that is sort of like what you’re talking about”. And from the Heritage Foundation too, that must have stung a bit considering your politics. Spain and England have vastly different cultures, climates, histories, political traditions, attitudes, food, sexual mores, family values, business practices, business sectors, etc etc , and if you had actually lived and worked in those countries as I have, you would know it. I’m beginning to get the idea with you: you have this fantasy that everybody is the same everywhere because it somehow appeals to you. I think you just see what you want, presumably from the balcony of a whorehouse. Here is a real shocker for you: the border is real. It’s not imaginary. Try crossing without showing your passport on you next trip to tj and just tell the border guards it’s all imaginary. It will get real very fast. We’ll all get a laugh when you post about it here!
drewcareypnw
7 months ago
@drewcareypnw "You are completely entitled to opinions that are not supported by evidence. But the moment you spread that opinion as fact, you are a liar. And if you spread it as fact knowing it is not supported by evidence, you are both a liar and a fraud." Joshua Wolrich
CJKent_band
6 months ago
^ that’s what she said
twentyfive
6 months ago
The undeniable reality supersedes individual perception because of the nature of truth
CJKent_band
6 months ago
:D
CJKent_band
6 months ago
^ You just summed up yourself cj, well except that you didn't mention the fact that you're also a dick pic collecting homo.
TheeOSU
6 months ago
@CJ why don’t you try making a point, or sharing some RELEVANT evidence? Let’s start with something simple: were you or were you not an educator? Yes or no.
drewcareypnw
6 months ago
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Quotations and undeniable facts are used by me as a means of inspiration and to invoke philosophical thoughts from the reader. Pragmatically speaking, quotations and undeniable facts can also be used as language games (in the Wittgensteinian sense of the term) to manipulate social order and the structure of society. “Like everything metaphysical the harmony between thought and reality is to be found in the grammar of the language.” ~ Ludwig Wittgenstein ~ Austrian-British philosopher ~ Born: April 26, 1889, Vienna, Austria ~ Died: April 29, 1951, Cambridge, United Kingdom Ludwig said it all...
CJKent_band
6 months ago
:D
CJKent_band
6 months ago
^thats a lot of copying and pasting. How about a yes or no?
drewcareypnw
6 months ago
^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Everyone in the world outside the United States knows that the Largest Terrorist Organization in the Story of Humanity is in control of the Drug Cartels all over the world; the CIA Central Intelligence Agency. All the arms the Cartels use are provided by the USA. The CIA finances and control terrorist groups designated by the US State Department as Foreign Terrorist Organizations. The UNDENIABLE REALITY IS: It's all about power, money and greed from American and Mexican governments and their corrupt colluding criminal organizations in both sides of the border. UNDENIABLE Despite his fact that Americans live in Denial.
CJKent_band
6 months ago
^ delusional dope or useless fool ?
twentyfive
6 months ago
"How pathetic must one's life be if one can spend hours researching marginally appropriate quotes to social justice warrior troll a strip club message board." ~Datinman ~Nude Dancer Aficionado ~2023
datinman
6 months ago
CJ Kent exists solely to goad the fools into responding. Stop responding, and he will troll somewhere else.
gammanu95
6 months ago
The undeniable reality supersedes individual perception because of the nature of truth. :D
CJKent_band
6 months ago
Cj kent, the American structure makes it tough to bribe to begin with. The average person cant afford to bribe a cop or judge. And even if they can, the penalties for something like a speeding ticket arent worth bribing over. As far as bribing a cop or judge to let you off for murder, you would most likely need millions for each person involved in the coverup. Its much more likely that you would find a cop just being lazy and not doing their job properly, than a cop taking bribes. I do think some people in positions of power can possibly abuse their position to do favors for family or friends.
rickmacrodong
6 months ago
@Moneyman00 Things are done “under the radar” and fame and fortune are used to get away with everything. And Americans are naive and in denial. Have you seen this scene from the The Godfather? Michael: I'm working for my father now. He's been sick, very sick. Kay: But you're not like him, Michael. I thought you weren't going to become a man like your father. That's what you told me. Michael: My father's no different than any other powerful man, [Kay laughs] any man who's responsible for other people. Like a senator or a president. Kay: You know how naive you sound? Michael: Why? Kay: Senators and presidents don't have men killed. Michael: Oh, who's being naive, Kay? ~ (The Godfather) 1972 https://www.google.com/search?q=m.youtube.comcharl+corleone+and+kate+naive&sca_esv=579408689&rlz=1CDGOYI_enUS1024US1024&hl=en-US&ei=Zg5GZeuULfTRkPIPp4Lb8Qg&oq=m.youtube.comcharl+corleone+and+kate+naive&gs_lp=EhNtb2JpbGUtZ3dzLXdpei1zZXJwIiptLnlvdXR1YmUuY29tY2hhcmwgY29ybGVvbmUgYW5kIGthdGUgbmFpdmUyBRAhGKABSN0jUKIWWK4hcAF4AZABAJgB9AGgAeUHqgEFMC41LjG4AQPIAQD4AQHCAgoQABhHGNYEGLADwgIFECEYqwLCAgcQIRigARgK4gMEGAAgQYgGAZAGCA&sclient=mobile-gws-wiz-serp#fpstate=ive&vld=cid:1227f6d8,vid:ZtL6kbYiP-w,st:0
CJKent_band
6 months ago
CJ it’s amazing how much you have to say while simultaneously being unable to answer a simple question. You’ve never seen the specific act of corruption I gave, and that is because it’s is exceedingly rare in the USA if it exists at all. This is not the case in Mexico. Of course some corruption exists here, but not nearly on the level in our southern neighbor. I can say definitively this is also true in Brazil and Peru, but seemingly less true in Chile. You know how I know? Because I’ve actually lived and worked in those countries, just as I have in Mexico. Quoting Hollywood movies makes you look silly, implying that you get your facts from old movies.
drewcareypnw
6 months ago
@drewcareypne In the USA lobbying and influence-peddling are each just bribery by another name. “ Lobbying, influence peddling, and bribery are related but distinct public corruption concepts. They all seek preferred favorable outcomes or personal favors. As such, they create a slippery slope environment that can lead to public corruption.” https://prisonprofessors.com/understanding-federal-public-corruption-and-bribery/#:~:text=5%20TAKEAWAYS-,Public%20corruption%20is%20a%20federal%20crime%20and%20a%20top%20priority,serious%20types%20of%20public%20corruption. “Understanding Federal Public Corruption And Bribery”
CJKent_band
6 months ago
Lobbying is a legal process. Bribing a school principal is illegal. In both countries. While you may feel that lobbying is unethical or tantamount to bribery, they are not the same thing legally. The leap to “we’re all just the same” fits neatly with a “slippery slope” mentality in which any amount of unethical (in your mind) behavior leads instantly to total corruption. It’s an absolutist thought process. The right wingers use this kind of reasoning to excuse trump’s excesses. “Yeah but the dems are corrupt too”, and “all politicians do it”, etc., reasoning that this makes a purely corrupt regime the same as one with incidental amounts of corruption. They’re not the same thing. When one kid in thousands gets a sports scholarship bc his dad built a gym, it’s not the same as an open air market for every teacher’s recurring salary.
drewcareypnw
6 months ago
@drewcareypne In the USA lobbying and influence-peddling are each just bribery by another name. The undeniable truth and reality supersedes individual perception because of the nature of both truth and reality. :D
CJKent_band
6 months ago
Lobbying is bribery by another name according to you, but not according to the dictionary, the law, or me. Undeniable! : D
drewcareypnw
6 months ago
@drewcareypnw American Denial is the dissonance between stated beliefs as a society and what is perpetuated and allowed in the name of those beliefs Corruption in the United States dates back to the founding of the country. “Bad Education: Why Shocking Public School Corruption Remains Hidden” https://www.heritage.org/education/commentary/bad-education-why-shocking-public-school-corruption-remains-hidden “As Detroit schools went broke, principals allegedly took nearly $1 million in bribes and kickbacks” https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/03/30/a-dozen-current-and-former-principals-of-beleaguered-detroit-public-schools-allegedly-took-nearly-1m-in-kickbacks/ “Bribery charges against 13 Detroit principals a 'punch in the gut'” https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2016/03/29/us/detroit-public-schools-bribery/index.html
CJKent_band
6 months ago
UNDENIABLE! :D
CJKent_band
6 months ago
Denied! I say red is blue and blue is red! UNDENIABLE!
drewcareypnw
6 months ago
=D
drewcareypnw
6 months ago
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ “Denialism is an expansion, an intensification, of denial. At root, denial and denialism are simply a subset of the many ways humans have developed to use language to deceive others and themselves. Denial can be as simple as refusing to accept that someone else is speaking truthfully. Denial can be as unfathomable as the multiple ways we avoid acknowledging our weaknesses and secret desires.”
CJKent_band
6 months ago
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ T H E U N D E N I A B L E R E A L I TY :D
CJKent_band
6 months ago
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ T H E U N D E N I A B L E R E A L I TY IS CJ IS A HOMO!
TheeOSU
6 months ago
Remember children "When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser” ~ Socrates :D
CJKent_band
6 months ago
There is no debate with cj because he's an UNDENIABLE HOMO! ~ Socrates :D
TheeOSU
6 months ago
Sore Losers: Making fun of them is even better than winning. :D
CJKent_band
6 months ago
Yeah cj that's why I make fun of you, you're the king of sore loser homos!
TheeOSU
6 months ago
Remember children "When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser” ~ Socrates :D
CJKent_band
6 months ago
'Yeah cj that's why we make fun of you, you're the QUEEN of sore loser homos!' ~ Socrates :D
TheeOSU
6 months ago
CJKent_band
6 months ago
^what do you expect? Maybe if you were a little more sincere or actually contributed to a discussion, you would get treated better. Instead you copy / paste tangential google search results and tell everyone in all caps how your argument is undeniable. Except you’re convincing literally no one.
drewcareypnw
6 months ago
@drewcareypnw Bribery, the grant or acceptance of a benefit in violation of entrusted power, exists in the United States and dates back to the founding of the country. “The Taking of a Bribe or Gratuity, should be punished with as severe Penalties as the defrauding of the State.” —William Penn
CJKent_band
6 months ago
The way this discussion has devolved is Exhibit #1 in the case for why the ability to MUTE certain posters is one of the best things founder has ever given us.
EastCoaster
6 months ago
Man, I wish San Jose Guy was still around...
Jascoi
6 months ago
“What hurts could most likely be the truth.” :D
CJKent_band
6 months ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion