Lusty Adventures
41 Stanton Ave Akron, OH 44301

Akon 2AMer over potato chips.

Friday, December 1, 2023 5:01 AM
Police arrested an Ohio man suspected of shooting a stranger in the face outside a strip club after he refused to share his potato chips. Melvin Wright, 42, stands accused of felonious assault and weapons under disability, according to police, WOIO-TV reported. It’s unclear if he entered a plea to the charges or retained an attorney to comment on his behalf. Police apprehended Wright in connection with an alleged shooting Tuesday outside Lusty’s Adventures in Akron, Ohio, after a 31-year-old victim with a gunshot wound to the face sought treatment at an area hospital, according to WEWS-TV. When questioned about a possible motive in the shooting, the victim told police the suspect allegedly “shot him after he denied his request to give him some of his potato chips,” a news release obtained by WJW-TV stated. The victim suffered non-life-threatening injuries, according to police. Wright remains jailed.

10 comments

I saw a couple reports about the shooting a day or 2 ago, i didn't know they caught the shooter, he must have a serious chip addiction. Anyway, that's Akron for you, nothing about it surprises me.
TheeOSU
5 months ago
Not enough details! Plain or barbecue chips?
Electronman
5 months ago
Chip addiction is a real thing Can’t put down that bag of potato chips? Science says it’s not you, it’s the junk food. “Ultra-processed foods, or UPFs, are just as addictive as nicotine, cocaine or heroin, experts say — and more than 1 in 10 people are hooked.”
motorhead
5 months ago
https://youtu.be/TY8O0dShFoo?feature=shared
shailynn
5 months ago
He got shot in the face, no life-threatening injuries? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unbreakable_(film)
ilbbaicnl
5 months ago
I guess you should only to an Ohio strip club when Stormy Daniels is featuring, so there will be lots of cops around.
ilbbaicnl
5 months ago
Was the perp wearing a tip-it stand as a hat?
ilbbaicnl
5 months ago
Defending your Ruffles is justifiable. I broke a guy's nose once because he tried grabbing my nuts.
goldmongerATL
5 months ago
good to know the victim's injuries are non-life threatening. i do wonder though if his fate might have been way more different if it was over a bag of doritos instead of potato chips.
rattdog
5 months ago
Sometimes at an Akron club a bag of Grippos BBQ chips may be the most appealing thing you see.
whodey
5 months ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion