Oasis (Atlanta) relocating/reopening, new rumors

Monday, December 18, 2023 2:51 PM
Saw a former Oasis waitress post on Insta that Oasis is coming back and taking over Allure. Any truth to this? Would be nice to have such a short drive between the and Tattletale.

20 comments

Would be great. I had thought that with Pinups but it didn’t happen. Honestly I won’t hold my breath but Atlanta needs another club in that market. TT prices are crazy and they’re still very busy.
boomer79
5 months ago
Won't be long to find out. New post says they are re-opening on Jan 2 at 1130am.
siddog
5 months ago
Considering the whole place has about 50 parking spots, it would have to be a mini-Oasis. But bring it on! Is the gay bar still splitting the building or did Allure have the whole space?
goldmongerATL
5 months ago
Link to this post claiming "they are re-opening on Jan 2 at 1130am."?
ww
5 months ago
https://www.instagram.com/p/C1ARzqSLgpa/
siddog
5 months ago
Those posts IMHO look fake. The Oasis logo used on the post doesn't look right. Further, both Oasis and Allure have instagram pages. Why isn't the "new" Oasis using their own page to promote a re-opening? Allure posted just 2 days ago and it looks like business as usual there - they are not closed and don't appear to be "closing". Not saying it's not happening, but I wouldn't get excited about it. Unless Oasis plans on becoming a black club, they need a whole new staff to run the place and I don't see anywhere where they are hiring for new staff and dancers. You're not going to be able to just reach out to previous employees and expect them to drop whatever they do now to come back to the club. AND it's all supposed to happen within 2 weeks - don't see that happening.
ww
5 months ago
Like Club Platinum, I'll believe it when I see it.
shadowcat
5 months ago
I don’t know if it’s real or not. The logo doesn’t look fake to me. Maybe they have a deal to run Oasis at Allure during the day, like the old Follies staff originally called the day shift at Vivide “Follies Day Shift.”
doctorevil
5 months ago
Ok, so I have now talked to three reliable sources, one former Oasis dancer and two former staff. They confirm this rumor. By that, I mean there are definite plans. Will it happen? Who knows?
doctorevil
5 months ago
Looks like Oasis will be returning, a few more post referencing it and pics inside the club. https://www.instagram.com/p/C1aIwf_xQxp/?img_index=1 https://www.instagram.com/p/C1Lga2pLjZ7/
siddog
5 months ago
Drove by today. Lots of activity with people coming and going. Also went to a club yesterday and that is all everyone was talking about.
goldmongerATL
5 months ago
Been very little promotion about this. I guess word of mouth is what they are relying on. There was more promotion when the rumor was they were taking over Pinups.
ww
5 months ago
Anyone stop by on Opening Day?
goldmongerATL
4 months ago
Goldmonger - Not really sure where to post this - article, new club listing, stick it under Allure? I'll start here. I checked out the new Oasis for Opening Day, late afternoon. Basically, it's Oasis Management running a day club at Allure. It's located down a side street and around the back of a shopping plaza on Cheshire Bridge. Not the best area, with the side street in poor repair and club parking chock-full of craters. Crowded/tight parking lot with construction-style metal barriers corralling the front of a large square building with an Allure Nightclub sign. At an opening near the middle, a friendly bouncer performed a heavy frisk. It wasn't military/gun-wearing stuff like Platinum used to be. But definitely more thorough than Pink Pony, TT, or even Vivide. That may in part owe to its normally being a late-night urban club, which for the time being, it'll apparently continue to be after dayshift is done. Free parking/entry, and went through the door into a small passage before entering the club's main area. Unsurprisingly, it had an urban/nightclub feel. Lots of purple and pink vinyl upholstery, with flashing lights, screens, and panels. Clean and well-maintained, it looked somewhat recently renovated. A single men's room stood in one corner, staffed (I think) by a former Oasis bathroom guy. Very friendly, conversative, and professional, who seemed grateful for a couple dollar tip. There's a raised, carpeted runway/stage with pit areas on either side with couches and small tables. The stage was flanked off both sides by bars with highbacked leather stools along the walls. And finally, raised platforms were scattered about at the club's perimeter with more couches under varying degrees of lighting. A little too bright overall for me, but some shadowy corners for discrete mongers. Unfortunately, the girls weren't up to former Oasis quality, ranging from 4 to 6 mostly, with only one 7-up. A mix of ethnicities leaning toward white girls, there were tattoos aplenty, plus extra poundage on most. Maybe a dozen or so when I got there, increasing to 35-40 later. I sat at one bar, getting dances there, and then later on one of the side couches. $10 per, and basically Pony-style performances. Nude with mild contact like Oasis also used to be. I was hoping for more of a Vivide grind, but wasn't to be had. VIPs were curtained-off couch sections at one end of the club. Larger than Vivide, but appeared brighter from what I could see through gaps in the curtains. Fairly reasonable pricing at $50/30mins and $200 for the girl. Couple addnl notes. I was told the DJ formerly worked weekends at Oasis. He overrtalked and droned on with loud, unintelligible mumbling that confused dancers and customers alike. It appeared the bars were still being prepped/stocked, lacking in some bar basics. Also, no food, but supposedly a food truck will be parked out front at some point in the future. So there you have it. Wish I could say it was a killer time, and a great alternative to current clubs. Maybe for the VIPs, since they at least have curtain enclosures. But without Pony/TT-quality women, I don't see myself initially favoring the club. However, like Vivide, that may improve down the road. So, probably worth a check-in from time-to-time.
Rod8432
4 months ago
Good report. I think any reviews should be made under the Allure name until if/when any name change happens. Thanks.
shadowcat
4 months ago
I agree Shadow. Thanks for your original recommendation that I post it. I'll submit similar to how "Follies Day Shift" reviews are under Vivide.
Rod8432
4 months ago
thanks for the review! I'll check it out in a month or two, maybe that will give them time to figure out what they want to be in comparison to existing day clubs.
5footguy
4 months ago
The club (under the name Allure) has a website - https://alluregentlemensclub.business.site/?copy The website is new and at one point had the hours as open at 11:30am but recently, like in the last day or two, it has been changed to reflect open at 10pm. Not sure if that's because the new Oasis experiment already ran its course or if Allure wants to separate its night from day operation. Conisdering Oasis doesn't have promotion much anywhere else, it's an odd change to make if they are still operating during the day.
ww
4 months ago
^^ but, the web site has the following testimonials on its front page: "Allure now has a dayshift. Featuring the staff and dancers from Oasis 🌴 🌴. Come by and check out our new home where the palm trees continue to sway!!!!" "Love this place ! Day shift is the new oasis and the girls are amazing" Would seem strange to leave those in place if they are distancing themselves from day shift.
5footguy
4 months ago
Yeah, those were there when the website went up but it had the times as opening at 11:30am. It's obviously a google generated website vs a "real" website, but someone did make an adjustment to the times. And I'm not sure why there is such a lack of promotion.
ww
4 months ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion