words of wisdom

Friday, December 22, 2023 11:58 AM

8 comments

I'd love to see this, but for Harvard to fire her would be to admit the whole DEI enterprise is a failure. Gay has a very light track record of publication, and railroaded an actual black scholar (Fryer) for the crime of saying--backed by data-- that the police were not slaughtering unarmed black men en masse. By firing her, Harvard would be admitting that it didn't look beyond gender and skin color in their hiring decision, and that that was wrong.
PuddyTat69
5 months ago
Their President is a liar, a plagiarizer, and has the job because of the bigoted disgrace known as DEI. I used to respect my ivy league family members, now I view them as a disgrace.
skibum609
5 months ago
I got a couple of masters degrees, both were pretty demanding, to the point where my eyesight was materially worse after each program than before. They cost a lot of money, interrupted my life, and caused me and my wife a lot of stress. I’m glad I did them but they were both real ball breakers for me. After I graduated the first one, I found out that one of my cohort had been busted red handed for repeated plagiarism. She is Chinese and claimed that this was common practice in China, and didn’t understand that she was doing something wrong. The plagiarism policy was very clear and reviewed and signed by everyone. In the end the school made her jump through some hoops and let her keep her degree. I was furious that that bitch got for free what I knocked myself out to get. I still won’t talk to her after 17 years. I was pissed that she did it, and pissed that the school didn’t revoke her degree. A school president that is a plagiarist? Fuck that.
drewcareypnw
5 months ago
The pattern of sloppy plagiarism seems bad. A president of a University is the lead sales person of the University. At this point her reputation is too tainted to fill that role. I hope behind the scenes they are pressuring her to resign at the end of the school year.
JamesSD
5 months ago
This stuff is pretty common amongst academics and scientists. It’s the reason that there is diminished respect for people that rely on their knowledge to earn a living. Doctors, Lawyers, Politicians are guilty of stupid decisions and things like this scandal show exactly how they rely on fraudulent means to steal money from legitimate working people. Not to say every academic is guilty of dishonesty, but at some point every large scale fraud has these people behind it.
twentyfive
5 months ago
Yeah DEI has really ruined the Ivy League schools. They use to produce geniuses, like George W. Bush.
ilbbaicnl
5 months ago
^This is factually false. Obama was product of DEI at Harvard, of which fraud Claudine Gay is president. Bush graduated from Yale. He initially attended Harvard but left after realizing how toxic the school environment was. #FactsMatter
gammanu95
5 months ago
Did Ted Cruz get into Harvard cause they needed more Cubans for DEI? Or more Canadians? Did DeSantis get in for guido-balancing? #ActualFactsMatterNotFakeOnes
ilbbaicnl
5 months ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion