The O Atlanta
2284 Cheshire Bridge Rd NE Atlanta, GA 30324

Atlanta 2AMer

Sunday, January 14, 2024 4:55 AM
Looks like a bad omen for the new Oasis Day Shift. ATLANTA - Two people were shot at a strip club along Cheshire Bridge Road NE early Saturday morning. According to the police report, it appears only one of the victims may have been the intended target. Atlanta police were called to Allure Gentlemen's Club located at 2284 Cheshire Bridge Road NE, about a block over from the Reserve at LaVista Walk apartments that burned down in November. Police say a man was walking to his car in the parking lot when an unknown suspect approached him and opened fire, striking him multiple times in the right leg and hitting a woman standing near the club's entrance in the left leg once. The male victim, 34, went to a nearby hospital. Police found the female victim, 33, in the parking lot at 4:15 a.m. and took her to the hospital for treatment. There has been no word of a motive, and the suspect remains unidentified. This investigation remains ongoing.

12 comments

Allure at night is a totally different deal than Oasis during the day. A lot of locals want it gone. It’s a shame because it was so rare for Oasis to have significant problems. I really hate it when stuff like this is used as an excuse to shut down clubs that don’t cause trouble. I wish Oasis could find a nice suburban commercial location and go on not causing any more trouble than a restaurant like it always did.
boomer79
4 months ago
Like Club Platinum, Oasis cannot get a liquor license because the city of Atlanta has a moratorium on new liquor licenses for strip clubs because of all of the violence late at night at all of the black clubs. Follies has been successful at Vivide during the day but it has taken awhile and some luck due to other clubs getting shut down.
shadowcat
4 months ago
Yeah unfortunately that is the situation in Atlanta. For the most part it’s the same places that seem to have the incidents. I know Doraville was the reason Oasis got closed but they had fewer incidents in 20 years than some of these clubs have in 1. That’s the good thing about catering to professional and older people. They would rather not call attention to themselves and they very much don’t want to be involved in an incident. Unfortunately with no new clubs those groups tended to like cs in the areas where people most wanted to close them down.
boomer79
4 months ago
I've only been to clubs in ATL on day shift. Maybe 25% white customers at most, fewer still older than 40. Few if any white dancers, other than latinas with lighter complexions. But never seen any unruly behavior, let alone actual violence. What ever causes a high rate of violence at a club, it's not about race or customer age. BTW, the youngest boomers were born in '65.
ilbbaicnl
4 months ago
Day customers aren’t the problem but the 2am crowd definitely is. The whole make it rain thing is about calling attention to yourself. People who are there for the girls don’t cause trouble. Knuckle head rednecks late at night are a big problem too although there aren’t as many in the City of Atlanta.
boomer79
4 months ago
When I was there last week the door guy told me that the whole Allure crowd (management, dancers and customers) would move to Platinum, which is reopening. Once that happens this club would be the Oasis staff and dancers (and customers?) from noon to 4 AM.
goldmongerATL
4 months ago
That is the most ridiculous thing that I have heard of recently but if the door guy told you, it must be true. Thankfully I'm not a fan of any of the clubs involved.
shadowcat
4 months ago
That would be great. Honestly I like TT but the way their prices are going they need some competition.
boomer79
4 months ago
Noticed this discussion and related reviews being copied verbatim and posted on that "Netherlands" site.
goldmongerATL
4 months ago
Credit given to "that other site" (this site)
goldmongerATL
4 months ago
This sucks. Finally coming back to the ATL after years away tomorrow for a weekend trip and had narrowed my plans to this club and Vivide (day shift for both). With this just happening I wonder if too many eyes might be on them for those of us planning on having an extra good time. I miss Follies, always knew where to go, didn't have to worry about reading 50 reviews and seeing what place was opening, or closing, or which former club's dancers had migrated to. A lot of effort, but I do love the 404, and will be glad to see it regardless.
RandomName111
4 months ago
"That is the most ridiculous thing that I have heard of recently but if the door guy told you, it must be true." Went by today. New owners (folks from the old Oasis) have accelerated getting the Allure crowd out. Allure staff and dancers now come in at midnight Friday and Saturday only. Monday to Thursday two full shifts of Oasis crew from 1130 to 3AM.
goldmongerATL
4 months ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion