TUSCL Alerts

Tuesday, January 23, 2024 2:01 PM
I just noticed a feature titled Alerts and I have 78 of them. Is this new? I can delete them but only one at a time. Need a delete all function.

15 comments

PMs are also in there so be careful what you delete. It’s new and I agree, too much clutter. I don’t need a notification that someone liked my post. Founder, if you want to keep the notifications for LIKES, I suggest you add a separate notification icon for PMs so they don’t get lost in the avalanche of likes.
Hank Moody
4 months ago
It looks like the "Alert" for a PM can be deleted without deleting the PM itself. But I agree, a delete all or mark all read kinda thing would be useful. I've got like 97 left after I deleted a few and marked a few read and there is no way I'll clean them out.
Dolfan
4 months ago
I'm not as prolific as many. I just found that I had 6, over about the last month, which probably coincides with the site redesign. It's manageable for me. I do find it interesting what strikes a chord. No dislikes this time around.
4 months ago
One possible improvement is 3 of the referenced likes were for 1 comment. I had to click 3 times even though the first click showed the 3 member likes. Perhaps there's a way of streamlining.
4 months ago
I like the Alerts function, keep the upgrades coming Founder! Thanks!
azdd
4 months ago
I like the alerts much better than the former email messages. Would be nice to click through to the review where the comment was made instead of only to the comment that was liked.
RockAllNight
4 months ago
I just noticed those today. I guess they have to be deleted to get the number icon to lessen/go away? I guess, in the spirit of this site, I'll start deleting notifications once I get to over 69 of them.
nicespice
4 months ago
With the site upgrade I just saw some six months old PMs!
JamesSD
4 months ago
I also like the alerts. I had a lot of them, but it takes about 1 second to delete each one. Just click the icon in the uppermost left, and they all shift up, no page reload required or anything.
5footguy
4 months ago
So I deleted all 79 alerts that I had. Since then I have received 2 more saying that they liked my comment. It would be nice if I knew WTF comment they were talking about.
shadowcat
4 months ago
You can click on the button at the far right side of the alert and it will open the comment. It won’t open the thread, but you can see the comment.
Hank Moody
4 months ago
Shadow & Hank I sent the same thing in a PM to founder a few days ago
RockAllNight
4 months ago
Now you can see the text of the comment that was liked or hated, but is there a way to see the thread to which it belongs? I also noticed that PM's don't always show in messages in an obvious way anymore. If you have an old thread with someone and they send you a new PM, it doesn't seem to sort to the top. But the alert does sort in a most recent order.
Dolfan
4 months ago
I like the new alerts. These are definitely better than checking email. I would love it if I could get notified about new posts on a club I've bookmarked, or new comments on a thread I've bookmarked. I don't think I'd even need the My Feed page back if these alerts existed.
RonJax2
4 months ago
Thanks to Founder for adding an alert notification to the messages icon. It’s very helpful and appreciated.
Hank Moody
3 months ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion