Feature Request: Hyperlinks

Tuesday, January 30, 2024 12:03 AM
If I were to be able to ask for just one thing from this TUSCL upgrade, it would be the ability to add hyperlinks to posts and comments here. I hate when a noisy URL interrupts the text I'm writing or reading here. If I could ask for a second thing, it would be to be able to use markdown formatting, or failing that, some kind of WYSIWYG editor. I find myself using all kinds of ASCII formatting, and even some of that doesn't seem to work sometimes, like tabs/spaces/whitespace just gets obliterated after you submit content here. I'm not a tech expert, but surely, with the change in technology from the upgrade, plugging in some kind of markdown support or text editor would be easy, right?

3 comments

@Ronjax2 I just keep things simple and type my comments in the Notes app copy the Internet links there and when I am done copy it here. Like when I sat that according to Krusty the Happiest Place on Earth is Tijuana! [view link] Just be careful out there and keep things simple in here :D
CJKent_band
4 months ago
I also use notepad and then cut and paste when I write reviews here. Still, all kinds of things get lost in that translation, most notably the white space. My recent article on Spanish of Tijuana Mongers lost some important formatting when I copied it over, including the indentation that separated dependent clauses from new independent ones. For example, this block should have had two layers of indentation: Help me meet... / Ayúdame a conocer... ...a girl with big boobs / una chica con chi chis grandes ...a voluptuous woman / una mujer voluptuosa ...a spinner / una flaca ...a girl who likes... / una chica que le guste... ...anal sex / el sexo anal ...BBBJ / la mamada sin condón 👆Those last two lines should be indented because they are subordinate to the "a girl who likes..." part. And without that whitespace it's much more confusing. Markup or a WYSIWYG editor would solve this problem.
RonJax2
4 months ago
I have never had a problem formatting text into readable paragraphs. Instead of tabs, or some other non-visible character, just use dashes, or periods. The site used to support HTML in posts, but apparently, some despicable posters weaponized HTML into some kind of "weapon of mass destruction" (the actual phrase used by the alleged "victim") to shit on others' posts. So founder disabled it.
georgmicrodong
4 months ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion