Headline anyone born before 1980 thought you’d never see

Sunday, February 11, 2024 10:30 PM
“Mardi Gras beads are creating a plastic disaster in New Orleans. Are there green alternatives?“

10 comments

welcome to the new normal. lately I have seen some of the plastic pollution problem out in the ocean and beaches. better ways need to be developed to properly handle the waste in a productive manner. just too many people (including me) with trash.
Jascoi
3 months ago
There has to be a way to make hard beads out of corn starch or something that will breakdown after awhile.
mogul1985
3 months ago
In NYC they are so green crazy they want to take everybody out their cars. They are so anti car. The tolls, speeding camera tickets(25 mph unless otherwise noted, you go 36 it's a $50 ticket) making parking a pain in the ass with more and more sheds, making more bus lanes as if that fucking helps anything. They talk about widening the the outerbridge crossing (staten island to NJ) as it's been identified as a choke point, assholes like AOC do everything in their power to shut any upgrades down. The Manhattan elite, hipster faggots who watch SNL, who aren't even from here, look down on everyone else who needs a car to get to work. They hate us. They call us "the bridge and tunnel crowd" Any pizza place or food joint with a coal fired oven needs a filtration system on their dime, that would cost a few thousand bucks to install. Anyone in a condo is going to get a whole lot more expensive for new building upgrades to meet new "green mandates" You can't just throw these expenses on regular folks they can't handle that much more on their HOA fees. Most folks in the middle are on the margins right now. Your wallet getting hit from too many directions nowadays. This is a bullshit "good" economy. Yeah for who? Don't be nice to these motherfuckers. They will destroy your home town if you let them in. Do not give them a MOTHERFUCKING INCH. They need to be sent on a raft to whatever commie country of their choosing and take all their insane ideas with them. I'll gladly pay more in taxes to make that happen.
Muddy
3 months ago
Sooo, tell us how you really feel.
Mate27
3 months ago
I have personally seen a few plastic disasters on Bourbon Street.... but, let's leave bad boob jobs out of this discussion. See today's photos....
Longball300
3 months ago
Back in the 40's and 50's we used to decorate our Christmas trees with strings made from pop corn and uncooked cranberries.
shadowcat
3 months ago
Muddy is so mad because they want to get rid of cars in NYC, which means he’d have nowhere to sleep. Nobody understands what compromise means anymore. Muddy says NYC doesn’t want cars anymore, I think the answer is “okay - then figure out a way for people to get to work in under 45 minutes and not have to sit next to a bum who just pissed all over the seats on the train.”
shailynn
3 months ago
All the Mardi Gras beads are made in China, and China doesn't care about pollution. Using biodegradable plastics or other environmentally friendly materials is possible, but no one wants to pay a fortune for a case of carnival beads.
sinclair
3 months ago
Maybe they should go to the candy necklaces instead, then everyone gets a treat when they catch some beads. Never mind the 1000s of rodents it will attract too.
shailynn
3 months ago
^candy necklaces are a cool idea. pez or lifesavers should get in on that-just change the brightness of the color. flashing tits for candy. there is a mardi gras themed bar in nyc. maybe i'll make a couple of candied necklaces and give it a test run. an excuse to motorboat.
rattdog
3 months ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion