First Time for Everything

Monday, March 4, 2024 6:21 PM
I was sitting at the bar over the weekend and was talking with a 30-something Latina who said that she hates when guys tip her money during a table dance and it ends up on the floor. She says it makes her feel degenerate having to pick money up off of the ground. I have never heard any other dancers complain of this lol.

16 comments

I've heard this before. Everybody has their hangups about something.
wallanon
2 months ago
I hate it too, lol unless it’s going in my hand or bra/thong. I’d rather not. I also hate section clubs 😂 I’m not trying to shake ass and dance for dollars with 4-5 other girls and have to split the 6-800 a man threw at his table. It’s honestly just a nuisance I’d rather take the time to go to VIP or be handed the money for a single dance
Cruz_LV
2 months ago
Not sure how this goes down exactly, but I'm trying to think of another setting where it would be appropriate to present a cash tip to a service worker and expect her/him to pick it up off the floor. Just basic courtesy. This doesn't apply to stage-tipping, of course, where there are established routines for the dancers to rake in their hauls at the end of a set.
Manuellabore
2 months ago
I was at Tootsie's Miami this fall. I was swarmed by a cuarteto of hot cubanas who were giving me tons of attention, which I was enjoying. There are no "floor dances" at Tootsies, so I endeavored to keep the fun going by handing each dancer a $20 every couple of songs. In the midst of all this, a manager came by an introduced himself and told me to "feel free to make it rain." This, to me, was the silliest suggestion I've ever heard from a club's management. The $20 tips I was tucking into these ladies lingerie was a far more efficient way of tipping versus changing a bigger bill for singles and scattering them all over the floor. And yes, OP your, @Cruz and @Manuel's points, it seemed like it would be demeaning to these young cubanas to have them pick up a big mess of dollar bills off the floor. In what other service professions would you tip like this?
RonJax2
2 months ago
No, but I would totally get it.
WOODDR2
2 months ago
^ RonJax2 said, "I endeavored to keep the fun going by handing each dancer a $20 every couple of songs. In the midst of all this, a manager came by an introduced himself and told me to 'feel free to make it rain.' This, to me, was the silliest suggestion I've ever heard from a club's management." I totally agree with RonJax2, but I sort of get where the manager was coming from on this. I suspect he thinks "making it rain" creates good visuals in the club. I would disagree with that. To me, the PL doing it just looks stupid -- and (as was said above) the dancer is probably annoyed having to crawl around on all fours picking it up. Solamente mi dos centavos...
EastCoaster
2 months ago
Everyone has their pet peeves. Some make more sense than others. I can actually see this not being a rare thing with dancers. Of course, customers wouldn't hear about this very often.
Call.Me.Ishmael
2 months ago
Good for you Cruz. I do not throw money. If she does not get close enough for me to tuck it in, she loses. And I am not shy about waving the money to let her know to come over near me.
Techman
2 months ago
I do not throw money. If a dance is giving me a barside dance I place it wherever she indicates she wants me to and do not take any gratuitous cheap feels either.
uniquename
2 months ago
I saw 👀 a customer in a club casually throw straps of $1 bills ($100) like bricks to his favorite dancer instead of “making it rain”. She seemed to be OK with and didn’t seem to be disappointed or loose her dignity, because it was easier for her to get the “bricks”.
CJKent_band
2 months ago
Meanwhile, on the other side of the tracks, the girls at the urban clubs get annoyed if you DON'T coat the floor with cash. I've even had some girls take tips that I handed to her, and throw the money onto the floor. It's a way of marking territory.
funonthaside
2 months ago
It’s also what separates “booty shaking clubs” and gentleman clubs 🤷🏻‍♀️
Cruz_LV
2 months ago
"I've even had some girls take tips that I handed to her, and throw the money onto the floor. It's a way of marking territory." I know I'm a sick MFer but just imagining a fine slutty bitch doing that perks me up.
5footguy
2 months ago
Seems like most dancers just care about how much $ they walk out the door with. But many like "make if rain" because it's low/no contact. Haven't heard too many complain about having to pick up singles.
ilbbaicnl
2 months ago
The clubs I worked at where this would happen often had bouncers who'd pick up the fallen singles and round them all up for the dancers. I'd always count out about $10 singles or so to hand back to them as a tip each time. Some dancers do not like reaching on the floor for money, and I totally get it - I do not like it either. Some don't mind, and I get that, too. Money is money.
NinaBambina
2 months ago
Imagine if given a choice, they would rather pick up from the floor than to grind on us demented, sweaty, grabby PLs. Cruz_LV mentioned gentlemen's clubs vs booty-shaking clubs. The last gentlemen's club I entered siphoned $2 from every banded stack of bills exchanged from every $20. I'll stick with the nasty booty-shaking, dump cash onto the floor, clubs.
funonthaside
2 months ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion