Meatloaf

Thursday, April 11, 2024 4:07 PM
So now I'm praying for the end of time; to hurry up and arrive; cuz if I gotta spend another minute with you I don't think that I can really survive; I'll never break my promise or forget my vows; but God only knows what I can do right now; praying for the end of time; that's all I can do; praying for the end of time; so I can end my time with you..... What the fuck happened to music, which nowadays sounds closer to a 5 year old with an empty coffee can and a stick.

27 comments

100% agree! Most of today’s music has little creativity and no soul. There are some exceptions, but not many.
azdd
a month ago
...and get off my lawn!
gammanu95
a month ago
We all know that, if ski had met Meatloaf in person, he would have called him a fatass. With any work of art, there's some you dislike immediately. With what you like, you'll get bored with most of it sooner or later. Only a few works you want to keep experience repeatedly with any frequency. So, older stuff seems better, since you mostly just remember the best of it.
ilbbaicnl
a month ago
Meatloaf sucks dick
PoundKing
a month ago
I think their is a correlation between the stage names of singers and the quality of their work.
shadowcat
a month ago
Every generation says this.
Dolfan
a month ago
Ah music… here are some general observations from me. There is good music still being made, I’ve just become too old to enjoy or understand it. Or if I do understand it I think it’s stupid. Yes, there’s a lot of BAD music being made too that is popular, but that always happens at any point in time. I still think the best pop music ever came from the 80s, except for Paula Abdul, she has always sucked. When I say “pop” I’m talking anything that was on the radio during that time. Michael Jackson to Guns N Roses to Genesis to Nirvana. I feel 90s music doesn’t hold up to 80s music but some is still enjoyable, I listen to Nirvana today and think they may have not been good musicians but man they could make a good song. Jennifer Lopez is even worse than Paula Abdul if that’s even possible. 2000s music, almost all of it is cheesy and horrible. Not currently aging well at all. It sounds so bad I’m embarrassed to listen to it. Aside from a few (not very popular) hip hop artists these days I don’t listen to much “new” music, so I go back and explore music from the 80s and 90s that’s new to me, or something I’ve forgotten long ago. There’s so much music out there, I can still discover music that’s 40 years old and easily find something I’ve never heard before. Listening to “1st Wave” a lot on Sirius XM has helped me discover a lot of “alternative” bands from the 80s I never knew about before.
shailynn
a month ago
@shailynn “Listening to “1st Wave” a lot on Sirius XM has helped me discover a lot of “alternative” bands from the 80s I never knew about before.” Thanks for the suggestion shailynn, I’ll check it out. I don’t want to hijack the thread but it makes me wonder….. What channels do you listen to most on Sirius XM? (Mostly Whillie’s Roadhouse” channel 61 for me, sorry in advance).
math14
a month ago
There's a South Park clip for everything: https://www.cc.com/video/a4uh0s/south-park-tween-wave https://www.cc.com/video/9imzrm/south-park-it-sounds-like-poo @shadowcat said "I think their is a correlation between the stage names of singers and the quality of their work. " yeah - https://www.cc.com/video/exg7gm/south-park-steamy-ray-vaughn
Dolfan
a month ago
“Every generation says this” — Yeah, there’s probably a lot of truth to this. Personally I think a lot of rap / hip hop (my only exposure is in the clubs) definitely sounds all alike. No differentiation. But I bet a lot of old folks said the same thing about 70’s metal. Some of the old school early rap - Rapper’s Delight, Will Smith, Tone Loc, stuff like Fight the Power was ok but now it’s all bitches and niggas
motorhead
a month ago
^Music has become exponentially dumber in order to appeal to the average American. Of course when I was a child cartoons had classical music background, which reflected the intelligence of the average American of 60 years ago.
skibum609
a month ago
He was a competent if not impressive singer. And I'm not a generally a ballad person. I only bother to despise things like traffic or bad driving, because I can't just take a pass on it. It seems like many people get some neurotic satisfaction from despising stuff.
ilbbaicnl
a month ago
many people get some neurotic satisfaction from despising stuff = never Trumpers and SJWs
gammanu95
a month ago
I thought this thread was going to give me a good recipe or restaurant for meatloaf, but no such luck. The last time I had actual meatloaf, the sides were creamed corn, mashed potatoes and gravy, and asparagus. Of those sides, I only liked the creamed corn and the mashed potatoes, but two out of three ain't bad... :)
ClubFan81077
a month ago
SkiDumb likes to hang out with other dudes and watch his meat loaf. lol!
Mate27
a month ago
^said the child rapist.
skibum609
a month ago
low-fat ground beef, bread crumbs, one egg, chopped onion, ketchup, salsa de valentina to taste.
ilbbaicnl
a month ago
^It's probably been over two years since I've had meatloaf for dinner, and now it's actually sounding really, really good! lol
ClubFan81077
a month ago
SkiDumb watches his meat loaf!! Lmfao
Mate27
a month ago
to the above recipe, add sliced celery, sautee the onions with garlic, top with bacon. anyone who tops meatloaf with ketchup (or adds it to sausages/hot dogs) should be drug out into the street and shot.
gammanu95
a month ago
It appears gammanu has a better meatloaf recipe than mine, but he's holding out. Bastard.
ilbbaicnl
a month ago
Mea culpa
gammanu95
a month ago
Thank you for all of the suggestions if I ever want to say “I’m fucking old” without saying “I’m fucking old.”
Hank Moody
a month ago
Not single post has attempted to defend modern music. Not. A. One. That lack of dissenting opinion is telling.
gammanu95
a month ago
Moody, if you ever wondered whether you’re old or not, just confirm by typing the words “meat loaf” as the title of a thread and you’ll know you’re there. SkiDumb wants dudes to watch his meat loaf. lol!!
Mate27
a month ago
^Imagine what you will be like when you are old, given you are a cunt right now and about as manly as Chelsea Manning. Old people now had great lives when young and great lives now. The best part is that you young dipshits get neither.
skibum609
a month ago
^^ good one, Meatloaf. Not!! You’re such a dumb skier, aka SkiDumb, aka Meatloaf. Maybe you can find paradise by the dashboard light, someday. Lmfao
Mate27
a month ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion