Club Profitability

Wednesday, January 15, 2020 7:53 PM
I'm really interested in learning the metrics of how a club makes money and what model ends up being profitable. It does seem that unless the local politicians restrict the clubs, they only seem to grow in number. So somebody sees this as a good business. Here in a pretty unregulated local strip club market, even when clubs close, they only seem to reopen under some other moniker with a different vibe theme a short time later. But I also presume that part of the interest in these business is that they are high cash turnover businesses, and therefore great for money laundering (and my part of the world just so happens to have a big need to launder money). So maybe these clubs don't have to turn a profit and the metrics of achieving profitability are out of the window. I'd be interested in any business article write ups on the subject.

9 comments

Over the years it has been posted that clubs make their biggest profits on drink sales - not only are they marked-up-the-ass but one often gets little quantity and/or little-quality (may not even be fully getting what you are paying for in terms of quality) - if this is true, then it would seem many club owners may mainly see a strip-club as more of a bar where they can use naked girls to sell way-overpriced drinks and probably also under-quality while charging a premium nearing gouging.
Papi_Chulo
4 years ago
🤔🤐
SerenitySinn
4 years ago
Depends on the club and depends on the market. Some take dance cuts. On rooms, there’s usually a cut taken in some kind of way. There’s also expected dancer tip outs that probably help a lot of club owners get away with not having to pay the staff directly as much. (But others they do) Nationwide, clubs overall haven’t been growing. https://tuscl.net/discussion.php?id=61036
nicespice
4 years ago
I agree. Club owners make profit on selling drinks and charging dancers to dance. Those are the legal profit centers. The illegal ones are more interesting: Drugs, prostitution, money laundering. Cheating on income tax is also a profit enhancer. I once thought that owning a strip club would be an ideal investment. But I've since realized I don't know how to bribe cops and politicians, deal with the mafia, face down biker gangs, and break the law at every opportunity.
jackslash
4 years ago
Like any cash business, there is ample opportunity for employees to rob you out of business. Plus, unlike most businesses, politicians are always looking to put you out of business. If all you care about is the money, buy a McDonalds franchise.
mark94
4 years ago
It seems like a tough job to run it. If it was me I would make it easy and comfortable for girls to work there and make money, while also being picky. And then just kill it with the alcohol. The customers will come. Blahspice was saying about Sapphire on 60th NYC that the girls get work the three weeks free or some shit like that. That line up was ridiculous. It’s like these clubs that charge a crazy cover. Just get the customer in the door you stupid fucks. If your girls are good looking they’ll take care of the rest
Muddy
4 years ago
🤔 I think some customers and entertainers, dancers, strippers that complain about most prices and fees and tip outs and whatever else?? Should ATTEMPT to open their own and do it their way. And see how long it last🤷🏻‍♀️
SerenitySinn
4 years ago
Clubs make profit by satisfying customers. The more satisfied the customers are, the more they will spend.
lapdanceking82
4 years ago
@SerenitySinn - Amen. @lapdanceking82 - or so one would hope!
BocaOnt2019
4 years ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion