RIP Adam Schlesinger of Fountains of Wayne

Wednesday, April 1, 2020 4:19 PM
Fountains of Wayne - Stacy's Mom [view link]

12 comments

Died of COVID https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2020/04/01/824683454/fountains-of-waynes-adam-schlesinger-dies-at-52-after-contracting-covid-19
NJBalla
4 years ago
The covid deaths are slowly getting more famous
JamesSD
4 years ago
Joe Diffie died at 61 from Covid 19 a few days ago.
sinclair
4 years ago
Sad news. Fountains of Wayne was a good band - with some good music. On another note - when it was still open - The Fountains of Wayne was an interesting place to get some outdoor stuff. Not to take it too far - but it was very close to a club called Lace - and the NJ DMV place where I took my drivers test almost 40 years ago!
Cashman1234
4 years ago
Is this guy Sheslinger related to the stand up comedian woman?..
BigPoppa99
4 years ago
I just hope he didn't pass it to Stacey's Mom (who would be in the most vulnerable population by now), or Stacy for that matter. Seriously, I hope he's in a better place.
Hugh_G_Rection
4 years ago
Cashman: we seem to be close to the same age, took our driving test at the same DMV, and grew up in the same area!
Subraman
4 years ago
Subraman - it’s funny - as I took one of my kids to that DMV to practice before taking the drivers test. The road test area looks the same. When I hear Fountains of Wayne - I think of that (now gone) outdoor furniture and decoration store. I grew up in Essex county - and Wayne seemed like it was out in the country.
Cashman1234
4 years ago
Yeah, Fountains of Wayne immediately flashes me to that sign, which I must have driven by 10000 times growing up lol. Oh, that's right, it's also a band. I never actually set foot in the establishment, but the sign was definitely a landmark.
Subraman
4 years ago
I never knew it was named after an actual place. Looking at the picture reminds me of one of the wierdest episodes of Sopranos. "Tony and the Cop" It really served no purpose in the season. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qf_urYJvunA
NJBalla
4 years ago
*I take back my comment about it serving no purpose after reading some of the comments on the youtube link lol.
NJBalla
4 years ago
It was an odd place, as folks would go there, and they rarely bought anything. Who needs a cement pagoda for their yard? I enjoyed eating lunch at the Anthony Wayne. The burgers, dogs and fries were great.
Cashman1234
4 years ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion