Walmart will limit customers and create one-way traffic inside its stores

Friday, April 3, 2020 4:31 PM
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/walmart-will-limit-customers-create-one-way-traffic-inside-its-n1176461 I highly recommend shopping at Target or smaller stores at this time. Thier strategy was a logistical mess and created longer lines than normal.

9 comments

I can see why they would do that - but that will also turn shopping into a PITA - I would not be surprised if most big-stores follow thru.
Papi_Chulo
4 years ago
One the subject of shopping - the other day I was at a store and I was frustrated at how many times I had to touch the touchscreen in order to do the self checkout - I had to touch the touchscreen to: + confirm there was nothing left in my cart I had not scanned + confirm my payment (cash, credit-card, etc) + confirm I didn't wan't cashback + enter the pin # F'ing-A
Papi_Chulo
4 years ago
I'm guessing at least 20% of their customers aren't going to understand how that works.
bkkruined
4 years ago
HEB (a mostly central TX based grocery store chain) has been doing the same. And somebody is at the door making sure those lined up are staying six feet away from each other as well. (Tho probably a good thing they are doing that. I wondered how much the virus was being spread a few weeks ago during panic buying crowds). It’s eerie watching a long line out the door. Probably more practical to shop at upscale grocery stores like Whole Foods or switch to delivery at this point if you don’t have a family and a bunch of mouths to feed. 😐
nicespice
4 years ago
They are saying that those infected can spread the virus by simply talking - and possibly even when just exhaling - in light of this I think wearing masks should be made mandatory especially in public spaces like stores.
Papi_Chulo
4 years ago
I guess I won't be returning to Walmart for a while.
rickdugan
4 years ago
Could be another reason why South Korea put a lid on this much more quickly. They take our innovations and run with it. All you need is a cellphone for all transactions and its pretty touchless.
NJBalla
4 years ago
"I wear a mask to protect you, so you wear a mask to protect me."
NeverEnuf
4 years ago
All stores in Ohio have been ordered to limit the number of customers and have employees enforce 6 ft spacing between customers by next Monday morning.
whodey
4 years ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion