Car Insurance Rebates

Monday, April 13, 2020 7:05 PM
Many auto insurers are returning 25% of premiums for April and May . Makes sense as the majority of the nation isn't driving. If your insurer chooses this time to hoard your savings you might want to remind them of their decision when its to renew.

29 comments

Will do. So far no rebate from Safety Insurance.
loper
4 years ago
I can't even get a rebate from my workers comp. insurance company (Liberty Mutual) even though I've had to let all of my employees go.
loper
4 years ago
I got an email from Travelers. They are issuing 15% rebates for April and May.
shadowcat
4 years ago
No action required on my part.
shadowcat
4 years ago
Looks like GEICO is giving 15 percent.
JamesSD
4 years ago
My insurance is giving a $50 rebate.
rl27
4 years ago
Desert, does that mean you were paying $600 a month for the car you parked or was there several other cars involved?
4 years ago
God damn, how many DUIs have you had DS?
Fun_Loving_Fella
4 years ago
@loper call your state office that regulates Workers Comp, the insurance is based on payroll if you have no payroll there shouldn’t be any charges ASFAIK how would you prepay WC insurances anyway? I pay it monthly and it’s always based on previous payroll.
twentyfive
4 years ago
I pay annually, and the amount is estimated for the following year based on the previous year. Eventually perhaps I'll get a refund. Also, in my state the insurance companies are forced to provide workers comp. but don't want to do it, so any flack I give them will get my policy canceled and I will possibly be unable to hire workers in the future.
loper
4 years ago
@looer if I were you I’d look into an employee leasing company, it will not only save you a bundle by getting you reduced rates but will free up your office to take care of customers and take HR filings and responsibilities off your hands.
twentyfive
4 years ago
I have Progressive and have not received any notice of a rebate - but my renewal is due next-month and it's down about 15% from my previous amount 6-months ago.
Papi_Chulo
4 years ago
Cali is considering legislation that will compell insurers to return excess or windfall premium and if it passes the the rest of the states will probably follow businesses are being forced to pay for protection that they can’t use as there is no liability if they aren’t executing operations
twentyfive
4 years ago
@Papi Progessive is returning 1 billion to customers. They just haven't advertised it much. https://finance.yahoo.com/news/progressive-provides-1-billion-customers-220300235.html
NJBalla
4 years ago
Just found out I'm getting a minor rebate on my LM workers comp. yeah, sort of.
loper
4 years ago
My Car Insurance company is giving me 15% paybacks for April and May, this is not a discount. So when the quarantine is over the rates will stay the same (or even go up) and no more 15% paybacks. Also, the paybacks are sent after I make my payment, so they hold onto the money for about two weeks before sending the 15% payback. I drive 95% less and I get 15% back, seems about right.
Cristobal
4 years ago
20% back from Amica
RandomMember
4 years ago
The nazis in California will now void contracts? Democrats in pwer lol; all imptent wannabe Joe Stalins.
skibum609
4 years ago
@skibum since when did insurers ever live up to a contract, in all my years in business the three times I've had no recourse other than to sue it was twice an insurance company's failure to pay according to the the terms of their contract with me, and once a construction manager who was working on behalf of an insurance company's roll up project blanket. I prevailed all three times, fuck those insurance co.s, as a group their M.O. is stall, obfuscate, and delay, I am glad to see a state even if it's Cali with the resources and lawyer power go after those thieves.
twentyfive
4 years ago
i’m now driving my bad ass prius a whole lot less... but I still haven’t heard back from allstate.
Jascoi
4 years ago
I'd love a know how much insurance companies spend per month vs what they spent in March and April.
NJBalla
4 years ago
^ Most are publicly traded companies, I'm sure that information is available, if you are willing to take the time to break it down.
twentyfive
4 years ago
Something like 15% back from NewJersey Manufactrers in’s on auto policy.
nj_pete
4 years ago
im sure the executives had some meetings about whether or not to furlough the mechanics, would be a PR nightmare if they did. Progressive has a pretty big collision center in NJ that must be quiet
NJBalla
4 years ago
My insurance company emailed my renewal notice for June 2020 and with no accidents in 20 years and no tickets for 5 years, my mileage reduction is 95%, and with a huge (and expensive) media campaign to inform their customers how we "are in good hands" and we "are in this together" my premium was lowered by a whopping 88 cents for six months. To clarify the 88 cents reduction is for the entire six months, not every month for six months.
Cristobal
4 years ago
I just got a $40 check from All state for our two cars
79terrier
4 years ago
Liberty Mutual is doing 15% on autos. Really meaningless.
skibum609
4 years ago
I think Liberty Mutual owes us all something for their god-awful annoying TV commercials I've worn a paint off the mute button
elmer
4 years ago
Insurance is one of those categories that penalizes loyalty.
bubba267
4 years ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion