Jacksonville beaches reopen in Florida as states begin easing stay-at-home

Friday, April 17, 2020 2:40 PM
Hmmm sounds Florida may be the first to reopen clubs. Wouldnt be surprised if out of staters start to vist

59 comments

Herd immunity?
Mate27
4 years ago
Redneck immunity
Papi_Chulo
4 years ago
Heres a picture of the beach from an hour ago. My assumption that it will take the public some time to get back to normalcy, if government allows, is fading..... https://twitter.com/JoshuaKarp/status/1251275996113833988/photo/1
NJBalla
4 years ago
I can see people in a beach not being in close proximity - but can also see someone sneezing and it potentially affecting many people bc of tthe strong breezes common at the beach
Papi_Chulo
4 years ago
Just when you think the people in charge of Flori-duh couldn't get any dumber they say "here ... hold my beer while I open these beaches." They had their highest number of new cases of corona within the past 24 hours so why not decide to reopen things today.
whodey
4 years ago
Yeehaw - long live The South
Papi_Chulo
4 years ago
St. Johns County opened up its beaches too. Good. Also, NJ's twitter dude has his numbers wrong AND is mis-quoting a statewide number, not the much more benign Jacksonville growth numbers. FL is a large state with 22 million people and not every area is in the same situation. Joshua the drama queen should dig deeper before squealing like a frightened girl.
rickdugan
4 years ago
Here comes texas too.... My luck of living in a hotzone. NJ/NY may not open until June https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/17/politics/texas-economy-reopen-testing-coronavirus/index.html
NJBalla
4 years ago
DeSantis is Trumps lapdog
twentyfive
4 years ago
Here here 25. A Governor of one of the largest states in the country must be a Trump lapdog for wanting to do such dastardly thingS as giving people more freedom and putting them back to work. Thank goodness we have you here to point these things out to us - from the safety of your bunker of course. ;)
rickdugan
4 years ago
You can choose to stay home.
Mate27
4 years ago
Life is good here, in my bunker, and keeps getting better, sorry y'all are such an envious bunch. Bye Felicia
twentyfive
4 years ago
Hey 25, I bet those hourly workers that you shit canned like they were infectious are envious too. I suspect that they feel much differently than you do. Of course they don't have bunkers with swimming pools to hide out in. ;)
rickdugan
4 years ago
Thank goodness that we have a Governor that cares more about 25's hourly workers than he himself does. The damned lapdog, lol.
rickdugan
4 years ago
I'm darkly curious how this will play out. We're basically running a bunch of experiments in real time.
JamesSD
4 years ago
A number of those beach goers will have trouble breathing or be on their death bed in a week... but they'll be damned if they go without getting a nice glowing sun tan first.
Eve
4 years ago
I think we may have already seen the worst, but we're gonna spend the rest of the year waiting for it to get bad.
founder
4 years ago
I wish we had the ability for every to get tested immediately. You cant hide daily deaths, but the daily positives are nowhere close to what is. In NJ/NY we are pretty strict, but there are still many gaps (e.g. we wear face masks, and keep distance, but we continue to use touchscreens and shopping carts). I suspect 60% of population will have it by end of May.
NJBalla
4 years ago
I think this is a great decision. If you don’t feel free to stay in your domicile and continue to be educated by CNN. The facts are that we are all a slave to the economy and life must go on. If there is a spike, pull the reins. If not, open some more stuff. I love that DeSantis didn’t overreact. Maybe some people on here would prefer the guy that takes it in the ass from a male prostitute while snorting meth in a cheap hotel room.
pistola
4 years ago
"We're basically running a bunch of experiments in real time." That's how governing always works. Most people usually aren't paying enough attention past their own nose to notice.
wallanon
4 years ago
Glad I live on the far end of the country away from the new peeing section of the pool. Unfortunately, I doubt just being this far will be enough.
bkkruined
4 years ago
Ah Dugan how little you know, I paid everyone for the first week a full forty hours, on Tuesday of week two a county contract we had won on a bid back in February was awarded to us and on Wednesday 4/15 we mobilized and commenced work on a contract that we have every one employed on, with a little luck we will get full payment on our emergency grant, and I will get reimbursed for paying my employees. It's usually smart to play your cards close to the vest RickiBoi you look like a schmuck talking about things you know very little about. tell us how did your employees do ? I'm sure my employees are happy with the way we run our company, I don't believe that yours would say the same. And just to keep It real if you look back through my posts you'll note I paid everyone health insurance for the Q2 in march and they are good till 6/30
twentyfive
4 years ago
@RickiBoi I doubt you'll shut the fuck up or admit that you are a broke ass bitch, just trolling me out of jealousy, but assuming that we are back at work 5/1 against the best judgement of all of the experts, I already have more work than I can handle, and we've hired 8 more employees all making better than $15 per hour, and all with health bennies, so suck an egg troll jackass.
twentyfive
4 years ago
25, since you had 24 hours to get your story straight, I would have expected your two posts to at least be consistent. So to be clear, is everyone currently working or are they back at work on 5/1? As far as my business, so far we haven't been negatively impacted. Our clients are essential services and, by extension, so are we in supporting them. Some of us don't need to be personally impacted to empathize with the plight of others. My biggest personal frustrations have revolved around my kids' educational and extra curricular activities.
rickdugan
4 years ago
5/1 or later that is.
rickdugan
4 years ago
Everyone that was working is working right now on a county project, on 5/1 asuming that the stay in order is lifted, we will resume regular hours and ops, We had closed as the contracts I normally participate in for don't qualify as essential, but the county contract over rode the non-essential nature of the construction services that we normally provide. I have no Idea why you are so worried about my circumstances, but you assume so fucking much, I unlike you, believe in order to be a good citizen sometimes the things that are in your personal best interest, are not always what's best for all, I believe that we are damaging ourselves, by the way Florida is handling this pandemic, I believe DeSantis is trying to curry favor with Trump, but you son would have no knowledge or respect for any opinion that isn't the same as yours, not that your opinions really make much sense, after all your usual defense of your own opinions is personally attacking others, truly a sign of a weak, broke bitch.
twentyfive
4 years ago
You know 25, I thought you were bad enough with your ridiculous notion that blue collar workers should go hungry simply because you were scared. It made you look out of touch and like a bit of a pussy, but at least those positions were understandable even if it made you look a little detestable, especially with your pool and bunker jokes while so many hourly folks suffer. But now you're actually supporting the notion that others shouldn't have the right to earn even though you do. So in addition to being an out of touch pussy, you are also a raging hypocrite, which makes you look even more detestable if that is possible. As far as my empathy for others less fortunate than I, I've come to accept that it just doesn't compute for a guy like you, so I'm not going to try to explain an alien concept like that to you any more. 😉
rickdugan
4 years ago
You are an idiot, plain and simple it shows through every topic that you post on, I know why you haven’t met any members in the number of years that you’ve been on this website, you are more attuned to stripper web you actually come across like a nagging little bitch, I can’t imagine anyone in their right mind being able to tolerate you for more than a few seconds. I don’t believe a word you say and neither do most, You’ve proven that you are delusional, seek some help.
twentyfive
4 years ago
Interesting comments from PJMedia “For all the finger-wagging at Florida, despite its huge geezer population it has about a third the C19 deaths per capita of Illinois. I think we’re going to find that density, mass transit, and climate matter more than disease-response policies.“
mark94
4 years ago
===> "I know why you haven’t met any members in the number of years that you’ve been on this website, you are more attuned to stripper web you actually come across like a nagging little bitch, I can’t imagine anyone in their right mind being able to tolerate you for more than a few seconds. I don’t believe a word you say and neither do most," Meetup with the likes of you? LOL. You're an arrogant and self-satisfied hypocrite who doesn't give a shit about anyone or anything but himself. I wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire, nevermind burn my valuable time with the likes of you.
rickdugan
4 years ago
^ Ha Ha you are such an arrogant troll, better you should go back to making snarky Jews for Jesus memes that;s more you and your sock poppets speed. What a fucking moron,
twentyfive
4 years ago
I wanna sniff all da butts on da beach. Opwen it!!!!!!!!!!!
WickThePuppy
4 years ago
PJ Media NewsGuard evaluates pjmeedia.com A conservative site that has promoted misleading and unfounded claims and does not distinguish between news and opinion. Proceed with caution: This website fails to meet several basic standards of credibility and transparency. Score: 57/100 Credibility YES Does not repeatedly publish false content NO Gathers and presents information responsibly NO Regularly corrects or clarifies errors NO Handles the difference between news and opinion responsibly YES Avoids deceptive headlines Transparency YES Website discloses ownership and financing YES Clearly labels advertising YES Reveals who's in charge. including any possible conflicts of interest YES The site provides names of content creators. along with either contact or biographical information [NewsGuard https://www.newsguardtech.com/ratings/rating-process-criteria/ employs a team of trained journalists and experienced editors to review and rate news and information websites based on nine journalistic criteria. The criteria assess basic practices of credibility and transparency. Based on a site’s performance on these nine criteria, it is assigned a red or green rating, indicating its credibility. ]
joker44
4 years ago
The RickDugan/ Dougster flame wars were lots more entertaining
crazyjoe
4 years ago
===> "The RickDugan/ Dougster flame wars were lots more entertaining" Dougster was much more clever, at least when he could break out of his autism spectrum cycles of repetition. Sooner or later 25 is always reduced to deflection and whiny name calling (see his last 2 post).
rickdugan
4 years ago
Crybaby dishes it out but can’t take it , that’s the lasting rep you built for yourself RickiBoi, you’re the guy that always initiates the personal stuff that’s common knowledge around here. Stupid bigoted fuck you are.
twentyfive
4 years ago
===> "we have not yet seen the peak - early numbers today as of 11AM ET.. already 2000+ reported deaths.. today will be bad, this week will be awful." Desert, the mortality rate is a lagging statistic. States are tracking it's spread by the rate of new identified infections and in most places the trend line is sloping downward. Here in Florida, the number of new cases peaked over two weeks ago, even though testing has dramatically expanded over the same time. This is why Governor DeSantis is trying to find a way to ease restrictions a little.
rickdugan
4 years ago
===> "Crybaby dishes it out but can’t take it , that’s the lasting rep you built for yourself RickiBoi, you’re the guy that always initiates the personal stuff that’s common knowledge around here. Stupid bigoted fuck you are." See what I mean CJ? 😉
rickdugan
4 years ago
^As always you are whining what would you like crazy joe to do for you ?
twentyfive
4 years ago
Something that confuses the amateur epidemiologists is the lag in statistics. CoVid deaths typically occur about 21 days after infection. For those that show few symptoms, they appear to clear the virus from their system within 7 days of infection. It is possible, maybe even likely, that after 3 weeks of lockdown there are lots of deaths while almost no one outside the hospitals is infectious. We need much more testing of a randomized sampling of the population to know for sure. Until now, testing has mostly been limited to those with symptoms, which Is useful for clinical purposes but doesn’t give a true picture of overall disease status.
mark94
4 years ago
25, is a single thing you've posted about yourself on this site even true or are you just endlessly trolling? I truly struggle to imagine someone as truly detestable as you even functioning in real life. You're cowardly, disloyal, bitter, hypocritical, self satisfied (joking about your pool and bunker and our "jealousy" while millions suffer) too hypersensitive to ever walk away from a thread and "that's what you are but what am I?" deflection posts are your most common posting tool in an argument. Maybe you are a better person in real life, idk. But here it is a very bad look. Maybe you're just trolling and don't care, idk. I try to give people the benefit of the doubt, but you make that difficult.
rickdugan
4 years ago
^ an exception to this would be communities supposedly on lockdown where mass transit is still putting hundreds of thousands at risk for the virus. I’m looking at you NYC !
mark94
4 years ago
===> "^ an exception to this would be communities supposedly on lockdown where mass transit is still putting hundreds of thousands at risk for the virus. I’m looking at you NYC !" Mark, in theory I agree, but many people who work and live in NYC would be utterly stranded without it. Owning a car is a luxury in NYC, where it can cost as much to park and insure one as some people pay for their homes each year. Without mass transit, many workers providing essential services would have no cost effective way to get to their workplaces.
rickdugan
4 years ago
My experience with 25 is that he lacks the ability to craft a reasoned argument. In any exchange, he quickly resorts to name calling and outrageous claims. I doubt he has any formal, or informal, training in rhetoric, logic, or debate. In real life, in the construction industry, that approach may work. I don’t doubt that he’s successful ( though, I doubt that his employees and customers enjoy being around him). There are some jobs where aggressiveness is all you need to succeed. I’ve mostly given up on carrying on an exchange with 25. Most of the time, I don’t have a response to “ Fuck you, you fucking moron”, or words to that effect.
mark94
4 years ago
“Mark, in theory I agree, but many people who work and live in NYC would be utterly stranded without it. “ I understand. That’s why my suspicion is that we are going to see an exponential growth in people fleeing NYC. Going forward, people will do whatever they can to avoid mass transit. For some, that might mean taking a job in the suburbs even at lower pay. For others, places like Texas, Utah, Florida, Arizona start to sound good.
mark94
4 years ago
Aww shucks RickiBoi y’all trying to rewrite your history, you seem to have forgotten how unprovoked you started your bigoted anti Semitic remarks directed at me I have a clear memory of you doing that bullshit, and not being a Christian, as yourself I’m under no obligation to turn the other cheek, if you don’t want to get slammed every time out stop your trolling of me if you keep attacking me I will respond and continue to remind all what an asshole you are.
twentyfive
4 years ago
25, don't pretend that you have some grievance for trolling. You troll because you troll. Even my insults about your pretend form of Judaism were in response to your trolling. Also, I think "slammed" is a tremendous exaggeration of your trolling virility, lmao. You whine and bite ankles, which is more pestering, but sadly you're prone to yipping and nipping in thread after thread. What you count on more than anything is your sheer willingness to keep posting in a thread forever, making up for lack of wit with volume and noise.
rickdugan
4 years ago
Who could this be??? "The Disingenuous Histrionic The disingenuous subtype synthesizes histrionic and antisocial features. [...] In the beginning, they make a good first impression and seem sociable and sincere, exhibiting such spontaneity and charm that others quickly lower their defenses. The combination of histrionic and antisocial features, however, makes the disingenuous subtype more manipulative than the basic histrionic pattern and for ends other than simple attention and approval. Some members of this subtype combine histrionic and more psychopathic characteristics. These individuals combine the histrionic’s more adaptive social skills, charm, and ability to read the motives and desires of others with a rather calculated malevolence. Obviously, this variant is more egocentric, more willingly insincere, and probably more conscious of their manipulations than is the basic histrionic pattern. **They often seem to enjoy conflict, gaining a degree of gratification or amusement from the excitement and tension thereby produced. **
joker44
4 years ago
^ excellent working hypothesis
twentyfive
4 years ago
Lol!
Mate27
4 years ago
"Maybe you are a better person in real life, idk. But here it is a very bad look" The same can be said for many posters on this board.
nofuglies
4 years ago
Every state should do this immediately https://nypost.com/2020/04/19/new-york-to-begin-coronavirus-antibody-testing-survey-on-monday/
mark94
4 years ago
More fingers pointed squarely at the NYC subway https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2020/04/did-the-shutdown-of-new-york-city-fail.php
mark94
4 years ago
In the latest example of Blue State enforcement of unilateral decrees by a state governor, New Jersey Governor Phil Murphy bans driving through Tulip farms. Yes, New Jersey, looking at flowers from inside your vehicle is a subversive activity against the interests of the state…. Non-compliance will not be tolerated.
mark94
4 years ago
Georgia is reopening on Friday, includes massage parlors. Follies too? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tH-96gwKME
NJBalla
4 years ago
^ Night clubs and bars must stay still stay closed in GA.
rickdugan
4 years ago
Miami-Dade and Broward counties in SoFLo have over 50% of the Corona cases while having 22% of the state's population. w.r.t. Miami-Dade county, only 14 counties (out of ~3000 nationwide) have more Corona cases with 10 of those counties being in NY or NJ.
Papi_Chulo
4 years ago
Georgia deaths are still increasing and they are going to immediately open hairdressers, nail salons, massage parlors. Seems a bit.......premature.
mark94
4 years ago
In support of the protesters true Americans whom progressives cannot decipher since none of their protests involve burning an American flag or a store; attacking the police; rioting and looting; all of which are the backbone of the progressive protest movement. Progressives and their unfathomable love for lockdown orders need to undersdtand the following, but cannot: Pacifisism is objectively pro fascist. The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate tyhose who speak it. hence the hate of the protesters. The most effective way to destroy people is to deny and obliterate their own understanding of history. Change the names, rip down the monuments change the past. The peoplewill believe what the media tells them to believe. CNN ever hear of Tara Reade? You know the woman sexually assaulted by the guy you interviewed twice last week and never asked him about it? Free speech is my right to say what you don't want to hear. ^5 Prostesters. Journalism is printing what soemone else does not want printed: ebverything else is public relations. Way to go NYT; 19 days without a tara Reade story and when you do publish ir, you change it when Biden;'s campaign tells you to. Special thanks to George Orwell who has you pegged and said it best: So much of left-wing thought is a kind of playing with fire by people who don't even know fire is hot. He shoots; he scores.......
skibum609
4 years ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion