RIP John MacAfee

Thursday, June 24, 2021 1:28 AM
John walked so we could run [view link] Recommend you watch this documentary as a tribute to the legend [view link]

17 comments

Can't say I know much about him but seems he's had issues w/ the law for years in different countries and has had to flee more than one country b/c of it - according to the article he was 75 ys/o and was facing extradition to the U.S. for tax-issues - seems he was a renegade and anti-establishment but IDK enough about him to know if he was a victim of the state or deserving of the persecution
Papi_Chulo
3 years ago
Hes a massive loser and the world is a better place without him.
BitCoinHodler
3 years ago
He had issues for sure. But he claims he had info proving corruption on the part of various government officials. Like Epstein, not a good person but likely he was killed by others as part of a cover up.
LuckyD1
3 years ago
He made a good product, made big $, balled it up and somewhere along the way lost his marbles. He also didd'nt like to pay taxes...who does? He skipped town and left the rest of us with the bill. He was also a suspect in a murder case of a neighbor. He also skipped out of the country on that one. Not exactly a hero
Uprightcitizen
3 years ago
When I was in Belize a few years ago, I saw MacAfee's home where he was suspected of killing his neighbor.
jackslash
3 years ago
He was a perfect example of a nut with too much money, he got away with piss poor behavior for a long time because he had enough money to corrupt those around him, but in the end his behavior caught up with him.
twentyfive
3 years ago
“but in the end his behavior caught up with him.” At 75. Following a life where he created great wealth and lived by his own rules.
mark94
3 years ago
^ so that’s a great testament to a life well lived, dying alone and friendless in a foreign jail cell Hard Pass for me
twentyfive
3 years ago
Agree w 25. Mcafee lived the last half of his life paranoid and sure everyone was out to get him. They probably were cause he was such a wack job. Hard pass for me also. And good riddance to John M. Btw, imagine trying to probate his estate. What a nightmare.
3 years ago
I know little about him - aside from recognizing his name from his anti virus software. I read a few of the articles posted, and it seems he lived a very interesting life. I understand he enjoyed prostitutes, and I think that’s where our interests are similar. However, young dirt poor girls trying to get enough money to eat are not for me. I’m not judging - I simply have different interests. If he had evidence of corruption - hopefully it lives on - and it can be accessed. Based on reading his story, I wonder if that was just hyperbole?
Cashman1234
3 years ago
Wouldn't that be a way to go? Convince everyone that if you get suicided, it wasn't suicide. Then commit suicide. That would be the next best thing to being buried face down so the world can kiss your ass.
gammanu95
3 years ago
MacAfee married a prostitute he had hired. She is remarkably ugly for a millionaire's wife.
jackslash
3 years ago
I guess there is some bad assery about a multi millionaire who pays whores for sex and companionship - and who decides to live on the fringe of civilization. It’s obvious he had a rough upbringing - and that may have planted the seed of conspiracy theories in his brain. It seems like a story of a guy who made lots of money - by selling software that capitalized on the public’s fear of computer viruses. He was part of the side creating the fear - that made his products more important. He made poor choices with his money - and he didn’t want to pay taxes (who does?) - so he created more stories to make himself look better. He loved whores and whores love guys with money (who knew?). The only surprising detail is that he came in 7th in the libertarian race? I’m amazed they had 6 other candidates!
Cashman1234
3 years ago
well, whether or not the "hits" are true or false, in theory hrc and the rest of that band has come up with another "song" to hit the charts. so many hits in that catalog. shit that band can release a double album of greatest hits, ala creedence chronicles or the beatles, red and blue.
rattdog
3 years ago
I came across this article on MacAfee https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-news/john-mcafee-was-face-cybersecurity-life-spiraled-rcna1262
jackslash
3 years ago
Interesting, and I didn't know he was such a scumbag. Seems like every new version of Windows is bundled with annoying nagware to sign up for McAfee. I guess that's his legacy.
RandomMember
3 years ago
John Mahaffey is a little boomer bitch
48-Cowboy
3 years ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion