What would be the best bs answer 🤔

Tuesday, September 28, 2021 9:57 AM
Two years ago I go to Minnesota and claim to be from Texas. Then a good chunk of the customers want to ask why I don’t have an accent. (FYI to anybody, “Texas accents” are a country thing. If you go into a city hoping to hear that you will probably be disappointed) Remembering that, more recently I claimed Colorado. Now the response is “oh, then why would you come *here*?” And I’m thinking to myself ?? IMO Minnesota/Wisconsin are absolutely beautiful states and great for lots of camping options. Not saying anyone has to act like Texans and create a state pledge or anything else excessive…but sheesh take more pride in where you come from. Anyways….since the truth gets reactions thinking of just making up somewhere I’m hoping doesn’t really get reactions. Maybe claim to be from Florida or something? Oregon? Probably don’t want to claim to be local just in case I say something really ignorant lol

58 comments

Colorado has better marketing than most other states. It's known for being scenic, and the economy there is doing well (relatively speaking). Tell people that you're from upstate NY. It's one of those places that has almost nothing associated with it because NYC sucks all the oxygen out of the room for the rest of the state. When I go to states west of the Mississippi or more towards the deep South and tell people that I'm from Rhode Island, I'm often asked what it's like to live on an island. That's awkward. I'm also asked why I don't say "Pahk the cah in Hahvad Yahd.", and I then explain how Rhode Island isn't Boston. To be fair, though, Rhode Island has its own distinctive, thick New Englandy accent, but (like you) my accent is neutral. A friend of mine with a thick RI accent went to Utah. People accused him of being everything from French to South African.
Call.Me.Ishmael
•
3 years ago
No one is “from Florida” Ask clubber or Papi
motorhead
•
3 years ago
Rhode Island is best known as a unit of measurement. As in, "You can fit 2,861 Rhode Islands inside of Australia." That's a true measurement, by the way.
Call.Me.Ishmael
•
3 years ago
Stripper 101 "Where are you from?" If I say I'm from California which I left in 1987, then want to know why Georgia. They all want to go to California and I don't want to explain why things have dramatically changed for the worst since I left there. I was born there and lived there for 45 years but have absolutely no desire to move back. I even moved my parents here so that I could take better care of them. The things I grew up with and loved are gone. So now I just say that I am from here.
shadowcat
•
3 years ago
^^^ “absolutely no desire to move back”, as if SJG and NiggaICEE shows we need any more proof of that! I too just say I’m from AZ, since dancers try to build rapport by getting into your personal history the way Shadow describes. It’s just easier, since I’m there for dancing with a beauty, not a history lesson on why I migrated.
Mate27
•
3 years ago
No need for BS answer. Tell them this is your accent and that you like it here.
alldaylong
•
3 years ago
Tell them you’re from Maine no one will know because who’s ever met anyone from Maine.
twentyfive
•
3 years ago
Tell them you are an army brat so you moved around a lot as a kid. And since the trial witness protection has relocated you several times.
gobstopper007
•
3 years ago
When u coming to Atlanta tho?
WavvyCain
•
3 years ago
In all my travels here are 3 “facts” I have found that don’t involve the states you mentioned. 1. Vegas - nobody is originally from there 2. Phoenix - everyone I’ve ever met that lives there isn’t from there and they all hate it. 3. The Midwest - just pick a random place, Cleveland, Dayton, Detroit, Kansas City, nobody would blame you for wanting to leave those areas. Also you could pull off NOT having an accent from those areas. There is a Midwest accent out there but most people don’t know it exists including people from the Midwest.
shailynn
•
3 years ago
Wakanda
jackslash
•
3 years ago
I was going to say you could tell them you are from New Jersey - as it’s the brunt of many jokes. “Couldn’t handle the smells from the turnpike?” “Too many goombah’s for you?” But, there will likely be someone from Jersey who will ask - what exit? You could say you are from northwest NJ - as the parkway and turnpike don’t run through those areas. From reading your posts, it’s obvious you are a quick thinker - and very intelligent - so I think you will be fine with any state you choose! One that might end the conversation is to say you are from Kansas. Then if they question you - say you were just released from Leavenworth. That might be a quick - and somewhat abrupt - end to the questions.
Cashman1234
•
3 years ago
The sunbelt and Colorado are destination states; nobody goes TO the Midwest/rust belt, especially from those states. So yeah, always gonna get a "why the hell would you come here?!?" You could say you're on the run from the feds, travelling from city-to-city using different names...creates intrigue. Oooo, aaaaahhh, a criminal! Who's gonna pass up a VIP session with a criminal where there's an element of danger? Just tell them the crime was ripping the tags off of mattresses or something, not robbing dudes... Or if you say Texas, they ask why no accent, and you tell them Texas accents are just in the sticks, they'll ask what non-sticks part of Texas. That's when you stand up and shout: I'm from where the stars at night, are big and bright *clapclapclapclap* deep in the heart of Texas! (Maybe that one's a little much)
ElDuderino_AZ
•
3 years ago
Or did you ever see Wayne's World? You could just say you're from Delaware... although that might just bore the shit out of them. [view link]
ElDuderino_AZ
•
3 years ago
Say you're from the Netherlands and you learned English from watching television. When they ask you about the dykes you can say they're big and mean and will eat you for lunch.
loper
•
3 years ago
I think you're over thinking it. You're just gonna have to deal with followups. "What brings you here" is a very common followup question. I'm asked that all the time, not just by strippers but at all manner of events. I ask it too. That's kinda the point, the guy is trying to have a conversation with you. Maybe he really just wants to stare at your tits, but he still wants to talk. I'd just lean in. If you don't want to tell them the truth, and that's 1000% completely fine, have answers for that stuff. If you want to have fun with it, that's fine too. If you're trying to shut down the conversation, go for simpler answers. If you're in Minnesota, say you're from Texas and there to get out of the heat. Or you came to visit family. Or you're temporarily relocated while until the trial is over. Also, if you're trying to avoid it, don't ask customers where they're from.
Dolfan
•
3 years ago
As a lifelong Minnesota guy and I the travel business and real estate for years I can tell you Minnesotans are weird about being local or not. I would just say that you spent some time here as a kid maybe in the summers with family and decieded to move here full time because it is such an amazing place. They will love that.
boblovesbooobs
•
3 years ago
"I'm from Noneofyourfuckingbusinessistan."
Call.Me.Ishmael
•
3 years ago
Traveling dancer from Maui. You like to see different places and are thinking of moving to....<insert club city here>
Uprightcitizen
•
3 years ago
With my accent everyone knows where I am from, but if I try to speak properly and people ask, I tell them Cincinnati, because no one there has ever been to or worked in a strip club.
skibum609
•
3 years ago
As someone in the inverse of this situation (PL from MN now in TX), just stick with the "the accent is stronger the farther into the sticks you get", and then add that you like seeing greenery and actual seasons...
Ferdinx
•
3 years ago
All I know is apparently the rest of America hates NYers as much as they hate cali folk. So no matter where I go, I'm fucked.
Estafador
•
3 years ago
So let I get this right, you found a PL who assumes he'll get honest answers from strippers? And this is a problem? You should have said you have a rare form of cancer that takes away your accent. You need $10,000 for your next dose of Drawlafeuron to treat it, or you'll die. And BTW your dog has cancer too.
ilbbaicnl
•
3 years ago
I'm curious. Why lie about your place of birth?
Estafador
•
3 years ago
If someone asks why you came to a particular place, reinforce the stereotype. Say that your astrologer advised you that, based on your personal chart, that was where you should go.
ilbbaicnl
•
3 years ago
I think the challenge with saying you are from the NYC area - is there are transplants from NYC dispersed all over the country. Then you will get follow up questions - like “Oh yeah! That’s right by the RFK bridge! Did you ever hit this bar right by the east river? My cousin Vito was a bartender at that joint. It was a fucking dive!”
Cashman1234
•
3 years ago
Just say you were a "military brat" and moved a lot as a kid.
mike710
•
3 years ago
Say you were exiled from Planet Estrogena: [view link]
ilbbaicnl
•
3 years ago
@Cashman123 that's so annoying to deal with. Because not even the natives know every spot like that. Usually because most natives were born lower class and at least while growing up, don't visit every single location due to life responsibilities
Estafador
•
3 years ago
Tell them you're from Afghanistan
Papi_Chulo
•
3 years ago
Tell'em your from Alaska. No one is from there. Especially not if they're a stripper. They'll ask about the dumbass shows they saw on TV. Just tell them there are plenty of batshit crazy fuckers out in the woods, but you mostly just did normal stuff living in the city. And when they ask why you left, or what your doing there, just tell them the weather. Doesn't matter how shitty a place you are, it's warmer than Alaska.
bkkruined
•
3 years ago
Tell them you are from Wuhan, China. Gringo's don't know the difference between different Asian groups.
Warrior15
•
3 years ago
Oh yeah? You darn tootin nice you can just blend right there. Mhm you betcha! [view link]
Muddy
•
3 years ago
Just tell them you came to life from their favorite wet dream to make their fantasy come true.
whodey
•
3 years ago
Lol. This happens to me a lotnwhile traveling, Especially in the north midwest. I got parts at an autoparts store in Iowa a couple years ago, When they needed my phone number for warranty. The person helping me knew the area code and started telling me how lucky I was to live in Colorado, that they would move there if they could afford it... bla, bla, bla. I have family in Illinois also. Whenever I go there, I get thru, "What the hell are you doing here then?" Mostly i hear this from people in flatland states that may not have abundant outdoor activities. I don't get the hype sometimes.
crazyjoe
•
3 years ago
Best answer is saying you are visiting family, etc. That seems to shut it down quickly enough.
crazyjoe
•
3 years ago
Tell them you are from North Dakota. Nobody lies about being from North Dakota, why would they?, and nobody wants to know about North Dakota.
Harderlap
•
3 years ago
As @ElDuderino mentioned, a lot of places are not destination places so I guess some people would wonder why you'd go to a particular non-destination-place (for the most-part) especially if one is coming from what most would consider a more-desirable place - a lot of people also don't like where they care currently living or think if they could move to a better area that their live would be better so in a way they may just be blowing-off-steam indirectly telling you they don't like living there? I guess you can say you like traveling-around and seeing different places but good chance they would still say something like "yeah but why would you come here ..." - I guess at the end all you can do is shrug your shoulders and smile and then grab his junk and ask if he'd like a dance - that outta shut him up 😊
Papi_Chulo
•
3 years ago
I've been cut-off-guard a time or two when I've done an out-of-area SC-trip and I get a question from a civilian like "so what brings you here?"
Papi_Chulo
•
3 years ago
Tell them where you're from doesn't matter. Its about where you're at
Icee Loco (asshole)
•
3 years ago
Just show him your tits
Papi_Chulo
•
3 years ago
^If they ask you "what brings you here" you can point to your feet if you walked or say your rental car. Kind of a smartass answer but it usually moves you beyond that question. Otherwise, you can answer truthfully with "tits and ass".
mike710
•
3 years ago
I cum from da shit truck 🚚 🚚 j
MackTruck
•
3 years ago
You can I just flew in from Vegas. boy are my arms tired. Bada Bing
twentyfive
•
3 years ago
If you want to impress dancers, tell them where your money is from.
mark94
•
3 years ago
Just don't try to mimic a Minne-soh-ta accent. It's not possible. My mother had one and I still can't do it.
loper
•
3 years ago
Just tell them, eat your Jello salad and mind your own business.
loper
•
3 years ago
Tell them you’re from France. Nobody believed the Coneheads when they said that but it did seem to shut down further inquiry.
Huntsman
•
3 years ago
If guys say stupid things during dances I just shove my boobs in their face so they shut up and forget everything. The other suggestions are good if they are asking this question before they commit to spending. Weirdo customer quirks
blahblahblah23
•
3 years ago
@blah -- any examples of stupid things dudes say during dances? Not that I'm taking notes or anything...
ElDuderino_AZ
•
3 years ago
I have no personal experience that will be helpful since even the stupidest apes know I am an African. After all, I’m a frickin’ lion. However, I do enjoy fuckin’ with the heads of dimwits. So my suggestion is to put on a fake cockney accent. Really over the top, like a production of “Olive” at one of your ape high schools. I repeat, an accent from a bad high-school production of “Oliver”. Then insist that the fake accent is actually a Texas accent. See how the horny old apes react. You’ll have fun. ROAR!!!
rickthelion
•
3 years ago
if a girl comes over and grabs me by the dick I could care less what accent she has. she could be north Korean for all I care
NJBalla
•
3 years ago
Ummmm…so just going to say putting tits in the face is a big no no at the main club I was at and doing that will get you kicked out. Grabbing junk is a DEFINITE no no 😅 Question tends to come up because I like mentioning I’m a traveler whenever I show up places. One because it’s an easy conversation starter about a local area. Two because I like to subtly encourage customers to spend whatever they are going to spend on me cause who knows whenever they will see me again. 😋 ‘Twas just weird having to shill an area to freaking locals was all lol Also have to say, it’s super amusing the traveling customers because once they know I’ve danced in “better places” then they feel comfortable about griping about the club rules…while continuing to buy dances lol Probably making up having family members would be the easiest (not to mention the safest on the off chance somebody wants to follow home, which has thankfully never happened to me ever) Some of these answers tho are great 😝
nicespice
•
3 years ago
@wavvy I’d love to try out Atlanta. But the only place that is non-license is Oasis and they seems to be in lots of raids and may get shut down…? Would definitely need to scope out clubs as a customer first because those licenses over there from what I’ve gathered are pricy
nicespice
•
3 years ago
If you want a fake background story use something that will help you make money. Sell guys the fantasy they want from Asian girls.
Icee Loco (asshole)
•
3 years ago
Lol, the goal was to keep the conversation from dragging out longer than it needs to be (unless already in a room). Dance and VIP prices are cheap so talking more than necessary is a waste.
nicespice
•
3 years ago
If that's the case, run your hand through his hair, stare into his drunken eyes and tell him you're from his dreams. If he's bald though, you're shit outta luck because that won't work..
ElDuderino_AZ
•
3 years ago
LOL, maybe I’ll show up to the club with a wig, put it on his head, and talk about his amazing hair
nicespice
•
3 years ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion