NJ Eviction Moratorium Lifted

Monday, January 3, 2022 4:07 AM
Im not sure if this is happening in other states but the leniency for missing a rent payment got a little harder in NJ this month. [view link] I wonder if this will lead to more girls returning to "work". I live in an apt and in the past year my place has gone from tons of cute 20 and 30 year old professional girls to elderly couples and FOTB techies. Im dying here!

15 comments

It’s harsh to lift the moratorium in January, with infection rates up. But, it needs to be lifted at some time. Hopefully some hot sugar babies will move in to your apartment building so you won’t feel so much pain! Maybe your building should start offering a free gym membership - or pole dancing classes? Topless Zumba?
Cashman1234
2 years ago
There should still be a federal eviction moratorium. But the real estate lobby is very strong in a lot of states.
Icee Loco (asshole)
2 years ago
It’s not really an eviction moratorium more like a theft from small landlords who really need the rent monies just to keep level. Because of policies and sentiments that drive these policies I will never consider owning any residential real estate other than the home I live in.
twentyfive
2 years ago
^ Depends on states. My home state of Massachusetts is very anti-owner.
Tetradon
2 years ago
If a landlord is under insured that's their problem. Speculative investments are a risk . Uts hilarious how landlords oppose government regulations when they help tenants. But beg for laws that help them fuck people over even more
Icee Loco (asshole)
2 years ago
^ You’re stupid this is the equivalent of stealing another man’s property, if the government wishes to help people cope then let them help, not confiscate properly that belongs to someone else. If you want to provide housing for the homeless then you provide it, don’t you try to provide my property you stupid freeloading leech.
twentyfive
2 years ago
A lot of landlords are just working class people who used sweat equity to build a second income stream. This moratorium has really fucked them over.
mark94
2 years ago
I think the Red states like FL did away w/ it back around the summer
Papi_Chulo
2 years ago
Back in the day, one of my co-workers rented in an apartment complex only to discover it was popular with what were then called stewardesses. Four to an apartment. Thong bikinis around the pool. Nice !
mark94
2 years ago
@cashman I wish. It feels like a bait and switch. I went from living at an apt that felt like the Real World on MTV to New Dehli. At least the saris hide the old women's figures.
NJBalla
2 years ago
Red states are very landlord friendly. GA was still processing evictions as usual, they just had a backlog because so many people were already behind on rent.
tin man
2 years ago
That sucks Shailynn. Going from such a nicely equipped apartment complex - to the misery of such bad views - must be very harsh. Hopefully something will change as the spring weather comes along.
Cashman1234
2 years ago
Red states don't screw over property owners the way scummy blue states do. The eviction "moratorium" was just more off the mental illness. theft and cheating of the government's Orwell predicted.
skibum609
2 years ago
Most rental units are owned by corporations. Companies like pinnacle or conam are like Johnson and Johnson calling itself a family owned business. Shelter is a basic need. Profiteering off it should be illegal.
Icee Loco (asshole)
2 years ago
The eviction moratoria and bail out payments have been stupid. What we need is: 1. Universal Basic Income 2. Strong Pubic Housing Offering 3. Medicare for All 4. Free College and old college debt forgiveness. The net cost to the government is zero, because the money recirculates. The only tax hike needed will be just to get back that which gets siphoned up to rich people, fattens the fat. The money wasted in these bailout payments would have been enough to do all of this and more. SJG https://tuscl.net/photo.php?id=9837
san_jose_guy
2 years ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion