So what do you guys think of travel dancers in clubs you hang out in?

Friday, March 11, 2022 8:54 PM
Think they keep the club lineup from getting too stale? Think they are a bunch of ROBs? Have neutral feelings and don’t care either way? This thread is inspired by the upteenth recent review of Hiliter that mentioned travel dancers with a negative tone. At one point, I figured that was just a tuscl thing, but sure enough the very few times I’ve shown up at that club before 9pm, that was probably the most ridiculous amount of hostility from customers I’ve encountered anywhere. Just making simple eye contact and so many would glare then quickly look away. (But of course Hiliter was the place I HAD to try if I was a traveling to Phoenix was what I was told by multiple individuals. Sigh.) Not from everyone of course, but it was a huge chunk of people. It would be as if I went to a strip club in Portland wearing a NRA t-shirt, or if I went to a club in Texas with a t-shirt that said “Whataburger sucks”—*that* level of hostility. I just assumed being flagged as a travel dancer was the reason I dealt with mega rudeness there. It’s not like I insulted anybody’s ability to park a car to their face or anything. 👀 But not a big deal. There were other clubs around town more locals-y than that club AND I blatantly told customers I was from out of town and they reacted like most customers do in other places I’ve been. Responses like “Oh cool, so what brings you out here?” “I’ve been to Texas/Colorado/whatever I said during xyz time” are super common. And it’s an easy ice breaker because I can get somebody to recommend restaurants or things to do in the local area (And I often do actually go to the places they say when I’m not at work and have fun) But makes me wonder how many places have customers that don’t like outsiders. In my experience, that’s not very common. But who knows, maybe I’m subconsciously filtering some people out or something…? Idk. Just interested in reading opinions.

50 comments

It’s the reason why I don’t go to the HL anymore. I was used to having some regular dancers who I was familiar with prior to the pandemic, and now there’s so much effort to start over with so many fresh new faces. The HL was known as a popular daytime club for regulars, so I’m sure you didn’t take it personal when an old codger have you the cold shoulder. He was hustling waiting for a familiar face, and isn’t interested in starting a new relationship with a dancer who likely will be gone in another week or two. Phx is a very transient area, so we are used to seeing many Johnny come lately types (or Suzy come lately).
Mate27
2 years ago
I like travel dances because they bring a little variety to the small clubs I tend to visit. It does depend on where they are traveling from because if they are coming from a lower mileage area than the club they are visiting it can make for some disappointing dances from those of us expecting the level of contact that the club is known for. Of course, on the other end a dancer who is visiting from a higher mileage area can be a lot of fun at a low mileage club when she either doesn't know or doesn't care about the rules of the club. The only time I don't like traveling dancers is when it is a hyped up feature dancer. They usually bring in a larger crowd, the club brings in extra security and some of the regular dancers take the shift off instead of trying to compete with the featured dancer. They are also usually overpriced and low mileage on private dances.
whodey
2 years ago
There’s a ton of of Suzy-come-lately types at my home club in Denver too. Especially because that club is one of the few in town that accepts out-of-state ID. And it’s a fun club where dancers can have their Colorado vacation and smoke weed on the patio outside. (It’s insane to me how many places where weed is legal doesn’t allow weed at the club 😳) I don’t think the customers really mind that though. And it’s a very locals oriented club where one will see the same customers over and over again and there and very few patrons from anywhere that isn’t in the north Denver metro area or a few areas in North Colorado. It’s interesting stuff 🤔
nicespice
2 years ago
Girls don't usually like them. They have bad reputations. A lot of times they're just brought out by their pumps. Or they're known scammers. Personally I don't care. It's not like I'll ask a dancer if she's traveling when I get a dance.
Icee Loco (asshole)
2 years ago
Do you think that Whataburger sucks ? How dare you ?!? I love Whataburger. Yes, I am originally from Texas. I travel so much myself, I don't' know who's local and who's a traveling dancer. But I always like variety. So I would think most guys would like some " fresh meat" in the place. Especially if they are short, Asian with big boobs. What's not to love there ?
Warrior15
2 years ago
*Customer* hostility toward travel dancers? WTF News to me! Have seen local dancer hostility toward travel dancers. That in a club that usually had a lot of friction among dancer cliques. Easier to temporarily displace that hostility onto a dancer who'd soon be gone. Fond memories of a travel dancer whose itinerary included a local club. Usually came for a week or two every six weeks. Seemed to be welcomed by most of the local dancers AND patrons. Attractive, great stage routine and LDs, and interesting to drink with and talk to.
joker44
2 years ago
Mostly I get dances from known favs. If I've ever gotten a dance from a "travel dancer", I've forgotten it. I suspect their dancers are worse on average, since no chance of getting regulars regardless. Also, it's frustrating when I have a great time with a dancer, then never see her again.
ilbbaicnl
2 years ago
@warrior LMAO I was originally going to joke about HEB instead of Whataburger, but then I realized that was *too* blasphemous and I just couldn’t do it. @Icey Um…if it’s Vegas, dancers do not give a shit about travel dancers. (For obvious reasons) I know you’re a troll but wtf
nicespice
2 years ago
^ The Grandson of the founder of HEB was a fraternity brother of mine. Do know what the initials stand for ?
Warrior15
2 years ago
Nicespice local dancers hate competing with out of state girls during weekends at the touristy clubs. They look down on the out of state girls coming in for the weekends. Same with reno girls hating on Cali girls coming in on weekends. And you're one of the biggest trolls here. Why don't you go back to getting dougster to post here so you can get off on his trolling
Icee Loco (asshole)
2 years ago
It can depend I think. Nicespice you kind give off different kind of laid back vibe anyway and the cities you danced in are these weird hipster cities Portland, Eugene, Denver, Austin etc. If I had to judge a book on it's cover with that I would say this girl is some weird hippie journey and she probably smokes a ton of weed. My guard is probably down and I'm enjoying myself But then there's the dancers who, they got everything done up, they've danced in LA, Miami, Vegas, NYC I just know that in there wake there are likely hundreds of guys they've ripped off over the years. Typically not baby dancers, more veteran dancers that are wise to the game. Sharks of the stripper world. My guard is gonna be up here. Not writing anybody off but that's just what I've seen. I have met cool strippers have travel dancers who have that resume too not saying all just I got to wonder is all. The girl next door who just goes down to her local club every Thursday night so she could buy some weed while she's in college. She might be down for otc cause she's too lazy to work all the time. That's kind what I like personally. Not really as much into the sharks that spent the last entire decade getting over on wall street guys, it's too much bullshit there.
Muddy
2 years ago
You know what thought I am a traveling CUSTOMER so from a local dancer standpoint, fuck me then. What's fair is fair. It is fun talking to the traveling dancers about all the different clubs we've hit in America so in a lot ways it's a big ice breaker.
Muddy
2 years ago
Also Nice while we're on it the thing you described in Phoenix sounds like the "Seattle Freeze" Idk if you hit Washington state yet but I wonder if you encountered that at all in PNW. And in Minnesota they have something called "Minnesota Nice" maybe the customers had that going on there too. It's like a phony niceness apparently.
Muddy
2 years ago
In Portland things were okay as long as I said I was from “Austin” and not “Texas”…because the first location is okay but the second one is not. 🙄 In Minnesota at least at one club it’s ridiculously easy to make money off the locals there. Some part of me wonders why the heck I haven’t moved and work in downtown Minneapolis. But then Denver will get a snow day and I can’t get my dog outside to go for a walk and then oh yeah…
nicespice
2 years ago
HEB means Henry Eats Buggers
48-Cowboy
2 years ago
The travel dancers have the right to do what they want. They have no regulars, no RIL's. So I think a greater percentage of them tend to be harder core and up for OTC. But whatever, I don't see any problem with them. It is all their choice. If a guy does not like them, then just stay away from them. SJG X- Live At The Whisky A Go Go [view link]
san_jose_guy
2 years ago
Thinking back to maybe the first travel dancer I encountered. Sabrina. She told me she was born in Cancun Mexico, and now she was running away from her husband in Florida. She was really a trip to be around. She knew how to dress the part perfectly. She seemed to get around by taxi cab, which would make it easy to just load her into your own car. She told me which hotel she was staying at, though that may have been just a ploy. Like many at that club she had business cards and a 1-800 number with an operator standing by. She was really good. Some weeks later I commented on her to the lady bar tender. She said that Latinas are just like that, really engaging with you. And now I really agree even more so. SJG
san_jose_guy
2 years ago
Taxis and a 1 800 number? What year was that?
Icee Loco (asshole)
2 years ago
She has a phone operator, the biz card made it sound like a party service. Taxis were how she got to her hotel, I guess except for when a guy was driving her. SJG
san_jose_guy
2 years ago
That's obsolete now though. I was just asking when that was.
Icee Loco (asshole)
2 years ago
Many of the girls used this system, an operator service, someone had set up. They wanted a live person to answer the phone. The biz cards were their own doing. SJG
san_jose_guy
2 years ago
I don't dislike travel dancers. However, I'm a regular at a couple Detroit-area clubs, and I usually hang out with dancers I know. A travel dancer has to be super hot to tear me away from my favs.
jackslash
2 years ago
Mixed review here. While I enjoy a greater mix that traveling dancers bring to the table (and have had some wonderful experience), they're more likely to be ROB's/overcharge/provide less than customary mileage than the house dancers. Part of that may be due to peak weekend dynamics when traveling dancers are most likely to be encountered.
minnow
2 years ago
they went the way of feature performers in NJ, the only travel dancers I know of are the latinas who spend winter in warmer climates before coming back
NJBalla
2 years ago
If a dancer I know and like is in the club and available I am not likely to interact with a travel dancer. Otherwise someone new that has traveled about the country can be an interesting experience. At least we can talk about places she’s been and that helps break the ice.
FishHawk
2 years ago
Interesting Q&A by a traveling stripper [view link]
CandymanOfProvidence
2 years ago
Most travel to get away from something or coz their pimps take them to other cities. In a profession with so little stability this lowers the bar even more. In large cities it really is mostly ROBS and scammers
Icee Loco (asshole)
2 years ago
Or the girls who travel in groups or pairs end up being sketchy a lot of times. I guess it really depends on their reason for traveling. But in large cities it tends to be to scam.
Icee Loco (asshole)
2 years ago
I could not care less either way.
crosscheck
2 years ago
I am fine with local dancers and traveling ones. I’m not a regular, so it doesn’t impact me. I know NJ gets a bad rap as far as states go, and yet I don’t think it’s deserved. If a traveling dancer thinks she’s too good for NJ, and she tells me that, I would find her to be rude. But if she’s a filthy extras girl, I could easily overlook it.
Cashman1234
2 years ago
It's like the "debate" about fake vs real boobs. If I can touch 'em, they're real to me. Local girls, traveling girls...they're all girls. To me it's more about the individual vs where she calls home.
ElDuderino_AZ
2 years ago
I'm a CFer so I have absolutely no interest in traveling dancers. I don't care if they're there, necessarily; make their presence keeps the variety guys from getting all focused on my CF. But I have no interest in them at all
Subraman
2 years ago
To me the more eye candy the better. In terms of my experiences with them it's been a mixed gab. It's easier for transient girls to play games and I've met some who certainly tried. OTOH I've had a couple of solid OTC adventures with traveling dancers who were motivated to salvage bad nights. One game I've seen a couple of times is a girl emphasizing that she's traveling alone, no doubt to stoke the imagination of the PL she is working. It's safe to assume that this is not true in most cases. I don't think I've ever met a traveling dancer who was really traveling by herself. In every instance there was either another girl dancing with her or an SO nearby and in some cases both (lol). When I meet a travel dancer I just play by the same rules I use when I'm the one traveling and don't know the environment. I keep my eyes open, don't flash my cash and, if an OTC opportunity arises, I control the space and never pay upfront.
rickdugan
2 years ago
traveling dancers charge to much $$$. But I have gotten some good vip's from them.
bang69
2 years ago
Rick —>“One game I've seen a couple of times is a girl emphasizing that she's traveling alone, no doubt to stoke the imagination of the PL she is working. It's safe to assume that this is not true in most cases. I don't think I've ever met a traveling dancer who was really traveling by herself. In every instance there was either another girl dancing with her or an SO nearby and in some cases both (lol). “ How are you finding out there is a SO? If it’s just a dancer claiming to be by herself, but she’s not going to let you back to where she is staying, it could very well be she has an Airbnb that has rules against “unauthorized guests” and extra guests have to have the host’s permission when actually booking. I’ve noticed when it comes to travel dancing with someone, there seems to be an age gap there. Zoomer dancers will literally go online and post a selfie and ask for a travel buddy and don’t seem to care that they don’t really know who they are traveling with. Then those of us like late 20s or older tend to either just stick to who we know or will go alone. I personally have considered trying to make friends and possibly find people to vet because my home club always has travel dancers (it’s definitely useful to sit in the dressing room and hear gossip about different places when the club is slow). It would be nice to reduce expenses and with the right person have more safety. But I keep to myself too much so it doesn’t happen.
nicespice
2 years ago
Makes sense to you, but I guess my mental images went in a different direction if Rick knows about these dancers having significant others so confidently Something like this : [view link]
nicespice
2 years ago
In other words Rick is afraid of boyfriend pimps.
Icee Loco (asshole)
2 years ago
I like travel dancers fine and I don’t understand hostility. However I will say regulars are likely interested in known commodities or a new girl they can build a relationship with. When I see a travel dancer I have no idea what to expect.
boomer79
2 years ago
⬆️ To say again, my overall experience has been positive. Sure, I've run into the occasional 'bad' GPS dancer, sometimes a traveler, sometimes a local. I liked the variety travel dancers bring. At the 'fond memory' club I mentioned above, the dancer always set the timing & length of her visit in advance with mgmt so that may have lessened any local dancer negativity.
joker44
2 years ago
I have little experience with them because Atlanta requires a back ground check and permit. Time consuming and a little expensive. $250 I think. My perception is that they would not be interested in building regulars or protecting the image of the clubs they pass through. However they don't wear any tags identifying them as travelers so it would be difficult to spot them.
shadowcat
2 years ago
@nice: What I actually said was "another girl dancing with her or an SO nearby and in some cases both (lol)." Interesting that you fixated on the SO piece of that so quickly. As far as how I often pick it up it's a simple matter of paying attention. Sometimes these guys are actually stupid enough to come into the club and sooner or later they make so.e type of contact that gives it away. In other cases it is something she says or does. Most of these traveling dancers are hardly the inscrutable Sphinxes you seem to believe them to be. For example, who was taking the pics of you when u were posting titty pics with my name on them? Some of those pics included two hands so it wasn't you. ;)
rickdugan
2 years ago
Wow, I tried searching my 2020 and 2021 pics but I think I deleted the “rick the lion” photo. Do you have the image saved somewhere? And as far as how am I able to take photos hands free…wouldn’t you like to know? 😜
nicespice
2 years ago
Traveling-dancers is not something I pay much-attention-to nor necessarily have strong-feelings about (dancers that I tend to avoid are usually the ones that are newbies-to-dancing or the ones that wear very-elaborate-outfits that either take her half-a-song to-take-off or b/c it’s such a PITA to take-off they don’t take off much). At the peak of my SCing I hit mostly small-black-clubs – these clubs tended to have a lot of turnover where seeing the same-dancers from visit-to-visit only applied to a small # of the dancers – so I was used to seeing new faces all the time. I’ve had both good and bad experiences w/ traveling-dancers – some bad-experiences in that SoFlo clubs are high-mileage and some of these girls come from low-mileage areas where they are used-to, and expect, to make $$$ w/ little or no 2-way-contact – I’ve also had good experiences where “enterprising dancers” see the high-mileage in SoFlo-clubs as a way to bank. So I’m mostly neutral w.r.t. traveling-dancers – if I had to choose being pro or con, I’d choose being pro-traveling-dancers as I’m a variety-PL and the more-to-choose-from the better I like-it. Being a variety-PL also means that in addition to trying as many dancers as I can on a given-visit, I also like to hit different-clubs as long as they fit my M.O. – I guess if I was the type that was into fave-dancers and liking the consistency of hitting-the-same-club every-time, then likely I would not like seeing unfamiliar faces b/c a-big-part of being-a-regular is the consistency-aspect of it. From what I’ve read of HiLiter, I get the sense it has traditionally been the type of club that locals hit regularly (at least on dayshift) so they have a certain expectation and perhaps less likely to be into-new-faces? Also decent chance they may get a good # of traveling-dancers from California that may not be familiar nor down-with the HiLiter M.O. in terms of service/mileage and/or prices?
Papi_Chulo
2 years ago
Taking pictures hands free is a pretty common skill the younger generation has Rick. I see strippers doing it all the time when they're here. Some of them have little tripod camera holders, some are masters of leaning their phones against nearby objects. The phones all have timers and voice commands. I don't disagree that for some reason trying to play up the idea that they're in town all alone seems to be popular, and that they're often terrible at being consistent with their story. With traveling dancers, I don't mind them but I am always increasingly suspicious of them. The ROB factor tends to be much higher among traveling dancers. Pulling shit like saying their dances are more expensive than normal, after they've been rendered. It's also pretty common for them to stay close to their traveling partner, pushing two girl dances or even just doubling my bar tab. It's disappointing when a I realize a dancer I saw on stage and thought was hot turns out to be one of those girls who are attached at the hip to her friend. They are also much more likely to differ significantly from the local girls on price and limits. I'm not hostile towards them, I'm just much less likely to risk spending much time or money on them once I realize they're traveling. Luckily the conversation about where you're from and do you come here often/been working here long is common and I can identify them quickly.
Dolfan
2 years ago
I like dancers. All dancers. I don't really care where they came from or when. I do care where they are going - especially if they are going somewhere with me - like to the VIP booth or my hotel room.
herbtcat
2 years ago
I can't see any reason why customers would dislike travel dancers. If they don't want to engage, then just stay away from them. But I can see why the house dancers might not like them. Some are very good looking, and most are accustomed to a heavy routine of OTC. If you like one of the house dancers, a good time to go after her and to get her outside might be when there are some travel dancers around. SJG
san_jose_guy
2 years ago
I’m fine with travel dancers or locals. It just depends on the gal. I don’t care if she drove a long way or walked to get there.
Huntsman
2 years ago
I visited clubs while travelling for business for years. Like a few mentioned, I found that they were pretty open to OTC. I would differentiate between the type of club. Travelling dancers at high end clubs were usually out of my range, while travelling dancers at midrange and lower end clubs were often up for making a bit more cash doing what they did best. I also had a few that were getting rooms on a nightly basis and wanted to spend the entire evening in my room. That was a no go for me no matter how drunk and horny I was.
RTP
2 years ago
Dolfan hit it on the head with how a lot of the traveling dancers tend to be. However, on the flip side sometimes it’s two dirty ones that travel together and you can have a lot of fun with them. But those are less common than the ROB’s. If it’s a dancer that has traveled alone and kinda keeps to herself because she doesn’t know any other dancers yet, these can be a lot of fun too. They haven’t been jaded by the toxicity that exists among some of the existing girls. She is mostly there to have fun and make some money w/ no problems or drama.
FLAP3000
2 years ago
I travel around da country wit da $5 lapperz girls. Dey help me dumpa loadz
MackTruck
2 years ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion