This body positivity nonsense needs to stop

Tuesday, July 19, 2022 12:51 AM
For the love of God eat a fucking salad. Hayley Hasselhoff, model and David Hasselhoff’s daughter, celebrates her curves on runway for Miami Swim Week [view link]

92 comments

There are reasons why we don't celebrate obesity besides the obvious lack of visual appeal. Obesity brings with it a variety of negative short- and long-term health consequences. This body positivity nonsense does nothing more than encourage girls to live unhealthy lives. While as a father to girls I am all in favor of teaching them to love and respect themselves for who they are, there comes a point at which someone has to recognize when they've gone over the deep end.
rickdugan
2 years ago
ugh. coulda warned us gamma. lulz.
psycho_trick
2 years ago
It's mostly virtue-signalling ("hey look at me look how non-judgemental I am") - and part of it is about control ("you better agree with this and support this or else").
Papi_Chulo
2 years ago
I wouldn't worry about these big girls showing their stuff. You like 'em or you don't, its still not something to worry about. SJG Dakota Cohen - Heart - Heartless with the School of Rock 2017 AllStars Team 7 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aulZmMz6MW8
san_jose_guy
2 years ago
Those aren't curves, those are _rolls_. I think SJG would butter those rolls.
Tetradon
2 years ago
No one is forcing you to look at them. SJG
san_jose_guy
2 years ago
^ Says the guy who pastes a million pictures of porkers here...
Tetradon
2 years ago
You don't have to look at those either. SJG
san_jose_guy
2 years ago
Meh. A lot of stuff in the food supply is essentially poison. Gluten intolerances that go away when people eat bread abroad. And even without gluten, potassium bromate and other additives and preservatives. Antibiotics and ractopamime and synthetic hormones in animals. Micro plastics found in humans. Additives and pesticides commonly used that are banned in other countries. Possibly some GMO processes too? If some people decided “well I can’t keep up against this, so I’m embracing body positivity”—then it is what it is. There are problems with the food that go beyond just simply calories in and calories out (tho I’m not going to argue that additives that make people crave even more of a calorie dense food isn’t a thing. Snack food companies have absolutely done their research of how to make their foods more addictive) I can definitely say that in the relatively short amount of time I was in China, I trimmed down without even trying (and I wasn’t exactly depriving myself of the delicious food options out there—far from it) AND my skin looked nicer when I was there. And that is despite the ridiculous levels of pollution that country has and the sky isn’t even blue in most cities. So I’d argue that food in the US is uniquely bad. I’d rather be body positive because I’d rather not be classist, because some can more easily afford to escape the toxins than others when awareness of these issues have started to become more mainstream. Some shaming would be good, but I’d rather direct that shame towards certain individuals or companies and not necessarily a “regular Joe/Jane” fat person.
nicespice
2 years ago
Holy crap, she looks like the Michelin man.
misterorange
2 years ago
I don't think overweight people should be shamed but they shouldn't be lionized either and have it shoved down our throats as swimsuit models just to make some kinda woke-point - I saw a recent article that if I recall correctly was about Victoria Secrets struggling financially after they went woke in part by making that ugly butch cunt Megan Rapinoe their spokes person - not everyone can be everything - there are people who are born attractive; or intelligent; or athletic; or funny; etc
Papi_Chulo
2 years ago
I'm all for fashion getting away from size zero, no tits or hips clothes hangers. I honestly blame gay men for popularizing that look in the fashion world in the 80s and 90s. As a society we need to figure out how to tell young girls they shouldn't starve themselves to be 80 pounds but also can't just sit on th couch eating bon bons all day and get to have society tell them they are sexy. I love big tits I enjoy a small tummy poof on a woman. But obesity has real health issues for men and women. If she wasn't the Hoff's daughter she wouldn't have a job.
JamesSD
2 years ago
the only positive that i can post is wonder if papa hoff is a really good cook. and if he cooks with huge portions in mind.
rattdog
2 years ago
When strippers start looking that we can complain. Until then she's merely a circus act like 90% of the content on the net.
NJBalla
2 years ago
When we are at it, let's end the boomer positivity. You immature ducks are the only ones bitching about thick girls with huge boobs. Get with the times guys, you are old with shriveled up balls that are full of dust and expect to be treated like young studs.
48-Cowboy
2 years ago
I hear she is signing up for Icey's Winning Team !
Warrior15
2 years ago
Her father, a boomer, isn't obese. Obesity is for young losers like broke back cowboy 69.
skibum609
2 years ago
I agree with those that have noted that it's a long way from fat shaming to actively celebrating it.
crosscheck
2 years ago
Look - I like slim women, but some people like bigger women. It’s a win-win. Also, I truly believe some women are just genetically predisposed to carry more weight. I know a young lady who has never been a big eater, doesn’t drink, and exercises more than 95% of the guys I know, and she still looks a little heavy. She’s newly married and happy, so I’m happy for her.
Studme53
2 years ago
Aww, that is some serious flirting skibum and desertscrub are doing towards me. Sorry guys I do not want to 69 with you skibum, nor do I want anything to do with your list of fantasies desertscrub. And what a list you have there scrub! Sounds like you two need to get a hotel room for a couple days with room service and... Well... You two will figure it out. When you both start complaining that other being too old, or wrinkly, or smelly, or whatever, just look in the mirror and realize the catch you are too. If you guys can't afford a good time like that, let me know and I can help you two set up a GoFundMe.
48-Cowboy
2 years ago
I agree with Nicespice. I have known plenty of people who moved to other countries or went on extended vacations a road and lost weight without even trying. When they came back they said the food in the US made them feel lethargic and they quickly gained back weight even though they tried to eat healthy here. I think the FDA should be banned and we need less garbage in our food. Eat more raw fruits and veggies
crazyjoe
2 years ago
We need to get rid of a lot of the GMOs and do more corporate shaming of companies like Monsanto.
crazyjoe
2 years ago
'Gluten intolerances that go away when people eat bread abroad. ' Can you be more specific regarding that comment? Bread, at least here is made with either wheat or rye, I was under the impression that wheat and rye are the main gluten culprits. Are you saying bread abroad is made without wheat or rye, or it's not the wheat and rye but other ingredients/additives that lead to gluten problems? I can understand additives and certain ingredients leading to other health problems but not necessarily gluten intolerance.
TheeOSU
2 years ago
Do you think young hookers like looking at your bodies??? You should be for body positivity. I think health and exercise should really be promoted. But so should confidence. The body someone is trapped in shouldn't define their worth. You don't have to be attracted to her but don't have to put her down
Icee Loco (asshole)
2 years ago
"You should be for body positivity." Why should we pretend to be attracted to unhealthy obese women for the sake of looking progressive and enlightened? You should be against type 2 diabetes, hypertension, coronary heart disease, chronic kidney disease, fatty liver disease, and increased cancer risk. Meanwhile you have fat activists out there literally saying "exercise is fascism." I say this as someone with a few pounds to lose himself after a bad injury kept me on the shelf. I don't ask doctors or friends to blow smoke up my ass.
Tetradon
2 years ago
I like fat women. This woman is too fat.
drewcareypnw
2 years ago
@Nicespice is definitely on the right track. Our food supply is fucked up. Even “real”, “clean”, “natural”, “organic”, and “healthy” food is nutritionally barren and calorie dense. So we are eating more, and getting less nutritional benefit. Couple this with the fact that portions have gotten completely out of control, and we spend more time sitting around indoors, it should come as no surprise that we are an obese nation. I was watching a documentary about Woodstock recently, and the first thing that struck me was that 50 years ago, all the young people looked thin. Body positivity shouldn’t be about celebrating obesity. It should be about telling that attractive 40 yr-old that she still looks great, despite not looking like an Instagram model or a fake plastic Barbie. Having said all that, I still like my strippers young, thin, and firm, with all the right curves in all the right places.
iknowbetter
2 years ago
If you have Celiac disease then gluten matters. If you don't, then gluten doesn't matter, unless you like whining.
skibum609
2 years ago
Hasselhoff looks like an average Americam woman. And that's what they're trying to celebrate. Tbh obesity should be treated as a form of malnourishment.
Icee Loco (asshole)
2 years ago
I like all the “woke” comments about food being better over seas and in America it sucks which is why people are fat. Wtf!! If you’re so woke, then don’t eat the fast food processed bullshit that is so readily available in the states. Simply go to the grocery store and buy your own damn food, consciously purchasing healthy options and eat it , but no you have to criticize the US like somebody is giving you an award. Fat people are lazy, because they don’t want to spend the time or energy picking better options. They just shove whatever into their mouths that makes them feel better, because they’d rather eat their feeling and emotions which translates to their obsessive oral fixation into botching about everything. More proliferation of the victim culture. Whoah is me! Wah, wah, wah😢
Mate27
2 years ago
What a fat cow! How long does your dick need to be to get past those rolls of flab? Oink oink!
Pussylicker2
2 years ago
I look at her pic and understand why being trans or gay has become so popular among young men.
skibum609
2 years ago
"Hasselhoff looks like an average Americam woman." Not sure where you're hanging out, but not in my neck of the woods, bro.
Tetradon
2 years ago
Icee loves fat Mexicans. Reminds him of his Nana.
Mate27
2 years ago
^ She isn't even a BBW. I can appreciate a good curvy or even BBW (emphasis on big _beautiful_ woman). She's 30 pounds past that.
Tetradon
2 years ago
She is a perfect example of a young person: Lots of self-image, based on absolutely nothing tangible.
skibum609
2 years ago
Eat more tacos mane! It is taco Tuesdays today
MackTruck
2 years ago
Tacos are healthy. Especially if you juice dem in da juicer and drank da taco juice 🧃🥤
MackTruck
2 years ago
—>I like all the “woke” comments about food being better over seas and in America it sucks which is why people are fat. Woke is an opinion. (And if my opinion is “woke”, then so be it 🤷🏻‍♀️) BUT Toxicity in food is a fact. And btw the fat is just one of the symptoms that appears in lots of people. There’s a whole bunch of other health issues too. —>”Simply go to the grocery store and buy your own damn food, consciously purchasing healthy options and eat it , but no you have to criticize the US like somebody is giving you an award.” Ever try to buy bread from the bakery section of the grocery store that you use tongs to pull out instead of Nature’s Own or other brands on the shelves in a different section of the grocery store? You will still find ingredients on the label that have already been banned in other countries. https://www.bakeryandsnacks.com/Article/2019/09/25/Potassium-bromate-in-bread-Outlawed-in-Europe-but-considered-safe-in-America Which hey, understandable why it happens. If you have ever tried to bake homemade bread before, you would definitely be able to see just how short of a shelf life regular bread has. Like you have 2-3 days before it goes bad. But those preservatives are still toxic. And even when you buy your own flour to bake yourself, wheat in the US has been bred to have higher gluten content than bread elsewhere. Wheat is commonly also sprayed with RoundUp (aka glyphosate) which is a pesticide that’s used to kill insects by poking holes in their gut lining. Sure, at least wheat wasn’t genetically modified specifically to accommodate glyphosate just like corn and soy were ( and both those crops are way worse than they should be as a result), but glyphosate is really good at binding to gluten. And how much glyphosate gets applied on crops through the years correlates really, really well with the rise in digestive issues and obesity. (Turns out humans aren’t very good at resisting getting holes poked in their digestive system either, just like with bugs) Especially for those of us born in the 1990s and on where those substances have no doubt caused lifelong issues during child development and ability to digest and metabolize food. And those born a decade after who are the current batch of 18-22 year old strippers? It’s been even worse for them. https://enveurope.springeropen.com/articles/10.1186/s12302-016-0070-0/figures/2 Glyphosate usage is highly regulated in other countries. And I believe outright banned in a few. But in the US? Feel free to spray away, woohoo! (Also, a lot of standard baking doesn’t properly take away anti-nutrients as well as well as, for example, artisanal sourdough bread. But that’s another issue there. Also another big problem with soy and soy products in the US) Feel like buying meat? Cool, is avoiding toxins as simple as walking into a grocery store to buy chicken instead of driving to the nearest Popeyes? Nope, animals have been genetically bred so that companies can extract as much meat per carcass as possible. So while living, chickens are barely able to walk. Pigs have heart health conditions. Unhealthy animal tissue doesn’t do much for preventing unhealthy human tissue. And then there are the antibiotics that get injected into animals, that while they help prevent mass outbreaks for the animals living in unnaturally close quarters, do have a way of staying in the tissue and affecting the humans that eat them. Nope. How about the other stuff that get injected to get even fatter? Or when chickens get starved on purpose for a period of time to increase egg production. There are a whole bunch of problems that are from “simple” basic plain meat and dairy that you can buy in the grocery store. Are there ways to get around that and find better sourced meat? Yep, but it’s more expensive and time consuming to obtain it. And in some cases probably not available unless you’re in a more rural area with access to the right farmers and ranchers or if in a metro area, a grocery store in the correct zip code that has started to have more product availability for higher quality foods in the past few years. I could go on and on more on this subject, but I’d rather not make this post *too* long. But yeah, I’ll go ahead and be woke and say that people shouldn’t HAVE to have the time and resources and become a dedicated health nut to actively avoid this stuff. Does it help to patronize the local grocery store and, even with its problems, and avoid the restaurant that douses their food with inflammatory canola oil? Or throw extra sugar into dishes? Sure. But there’s still plenty of problems in the food chain that other countries have done their part to deal with, and the US refuses to. Fruits and vegetables are generally a safer bet for sure. But thanks to lots of agricultural practices, the “yield” of nutrients per piece of fruit of vegetable or fruit is also lower than it could be. @theeOSU I hope something in my rant-post answered you alright there, lol.
nicespice
2 years ago
A lot of the females that give fake support are really thinking thank God someone who looks worse than me
Meshuggah
2 years ago
Americans are fatter and don't live as long as Europeans because we have far more freedom here and unfortunately it takes a very smart person to benefit from freedom and we're lacking in that area. We couldn't have lower life expectancy because certain communities solve everything with gunfire and overeat. Add is suicides and opioid overdoses and the simple fact is that the average life expectancy in America isn't the real life expectancy in most groups, which are either far under or over. In New Orleans you're going to lower the average; in boring, ole white boy Salt Lake City you're going to raise the average.
skibum609
2 years ago
Damn, NiceSpice, I'm impressed. I would give you 50 likes if I could. Half expected you to bust out a paragraph on gliadin and zonulin while you were on a roll. RD /CNS? If not, you should consider that for a career path if you ever get tired of dancing.
datinman
2 years ago
I agree with Nicespice and her posts regarding food in America. Companies have become so profit driven that they don't give a flying fuck about the consumers, as long as they can sell more at less cost. Much like the cigarette companies of the 80s, they don't care about the effects so long as their pockets are lined. The meat industry feeding the chickens hormones to grow bigger, which caused 12 year old girls to resemble Dolly Parton until they finally toned it down. I think exercise is more important than ever with the food options we're presented with here.
TFP
2 years ago
Eating good is fine. And I like to make my own bread. But people should not have to live with body image shame either. And women are especially plagued by this. So I think this body positivity is good. SJG Khatia Buniatishvili is hypnotic https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jbHbDena_U
san_jose_guy
2 years ago
SJG's anthem https://youtu.be/VMnjF1O4eH0
Tetradon
2 years ago
I actually don't care for that because I don't really care for Queen. SJG Khatia Buniatishvili is hypnotic https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jbHbDena_U
san_jose_guy
2 years ago
'I don't really care for Queen.' Why? Because freddie was almost a bigger flamer than you? Almost.. https://tuscl.net/discussion.php?id=80268#comment1251048
TheeOSU
2 years ago
@ Spice, yes I picked up on what you were getting at. Point made.
TheeOSU
2 years ago
https://www.instagram.com/p/Cfwlb0qPIly/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY= https://www.instagram.com/p/CUqeRUtPDqk/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY= https://www.instagram.com/p/Cdi3mgzrGKx/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY= https://www.instagram.com/p/CerUs0FPr7v/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY= Big girls can be sexy af
Icee Loco (asshole)
2 years ago
^ I like the above big girl pics, though I admit they are a kind of challenge to think about. But the real point is that with these new body positivity photos, it doesn't matter of you or I like it. SJG Newshour July 19 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgHCikUkVoU
san_jose_guy
2 years ago
My homie iceydougee and the sghomo really like porkers, lulz
TheeOSU
2 years ago
sjhomo that is lulz
TheeOSU
2 years ago
Per @spice’s post – I think most of us are not truly aware of the state of our food-supply when it comes to how unhealthy it is; and just as bad, how nutrient-deficient many of our foods are. Although I am def pro-capitalism; it’s human-nature to be greedy and take things to the extreme and in the case of capitalism that can at times be profits at all costs – by no means do I want us to step away from capitalism; just that given human-nature; it can’t just be guided by the invisible-hand. I recall several years ago, although the details are now fuzzy; there was a study where they tracked women that had immigrated to the U.S. from Japan and they tracked their health status over many years after they immigrated to the U.S. – per that study they found many of these women were much healthier than the avg American women when they first immigrated, but after many years in the U.S. many of them were suffering from the same diseases many American women suffer from but are much less common in Japan. There have also been studies done of Eskimos and how they don’t suffer from many of the diseases those in the modern world suffer from. I’ve also heard of areas of Japan known for people to live healthy very-long lives up to 100+ ys/o - many of these folks would not keep much food in the house and instead went to the local market to get fresh-food almost every day for the day’s meals. I watch a YouTube channel of a young American couple (in their late-20s) – they are from AZ – about 4-years-ago they sold everything and went to live in Mexico and traveled all over Mexico and still live there – the girl in the couple had had health issues while living in the U.S. and it was tracked down to food-allergies and it was a constant battle for her – but while living in MX she hadn’t had any issues with her health; but every time she visits the U.S. her health declines.
Papi_Chulo
2 years ago
Lots of room for health and diet improvement in the populace. But I never let any of this become a moralistic issue, not in me, not in anyone else. SJG
san_jose_guy
2 years ago
Walking past the ladies section in Target the other day I noticed much of the in-store advertising was mostly fat women in their underwear, especially fat black women in their underwear. In the rest of the store the majority of people shown were also black with a sizable minority of other non-white races. In the children's section most kids shown appeared to mixed race or light skinned blacks. Near the check out area a lady in a hijab and stylish looking glasses was portrayed near an image of what appeared to be two effete black men, one of whom had strangely dyed hair.
Dave_Anderson
2 years ago
For the 1st time in human history more people are dying from eating too much than not enough (starvation, malnutrition) so that’s real progress.
Studme53
2 years ago
I owe one to Icee for posting pics of the fat, ugly pigs. I was on the verge of ordering a corned beef hash omelet, but after looking at the pics he posted, I am having black coffee, which will hopefully settle my stomach. Never seen any male, even a faggy one like Icee, like so many ugly gross women.
skibum609
2 years ago
Dave Anderson Ape: Why were you hanging out in the lady’s section of Target? I have expected you to finish your story with “and then I jacked off to the picture of the hijabi chick. Regardless, I hope you had fun, didn’t scare anybody, and waited until you could get into one of the fitting rooms in the men’s section to rub one out. ROAR!!!
rickthelion
2 years ago
One of my ATFs. Recently retired. Not a great picture of her but you get the idea of what I like. https://www.girlswithmuscle.com/20829/Chanel
Studme53
2 years ago
Yeah, which is worse? Dying of starvation or from stuffing your mouth full of crap that you purchase from the store because yiu have no self control or thought of what is healthy into your mouth? Definitely progress, so people can complain about poisoned bread. Christ, who the fuck needs to eat bread, is that even a basic food group? Maybe if you consider salt and sugar a basic need. We are a nation of cry babies. Grow your own damn food, pick the health conscious foods from the store, and cook it yourself and consume in moderation so you can get off your dead ass and do something productive with your life instead of consuming media all day bitching and moaning that the world hasn’t catered to your every need. Fucking victim culture pussies crack me up every time. I ate potato chips last night. Not too many, and they were kettle cut. Not sure how much micro plastics or gmo ingredients were in it, but they were pesticide free. Now eating bananas with steel cut oatmeal for breakfast before earning a thousand dollars or so today, just so I can get home and have a steak dinner(prime beef). Got family to watch kids, but none of this would be possible if I bitched and complained that the word didn’t hand me every necessity that I craved on social media by virtue signaling myself to success.
Mate27
2 years ago
Da food supply will get better. I am dumpin loadz on da crops and dey get natural fertilizer
MackTruck
2 years ago
Our food supply isn't that bad if you just take the time to read the labels of what you're buying and make good choices. Many bread makers have stopped using potassium bromate and I also avoid breads that contain sugar or high fructose corn syrup. The use of growth hormones in pork and chicken has been banned for years. I only buy Perdue chicken because it is also free of anti-biotics. Many of the milk producers have also moved away from giving their cows hormones or antibiotics and the ones that do are clearly labeled. If anyone can point to any serious study which indicates that the use of pesticides in our crops or antibiotics in our pigs and cows are putting dangerous chemicals in our blood streams, I'd like to see them. Some of these practices actually make our food supply safer. To this day in many countries you have to cook the hell out of meat to make it safe. I have thought about moving to organic fruits, veggies and meats, all of which are readily available in my local supermarkets, but have never seen anything serious to justify the added expense. IME the reason that so many people become less healthy when they get here is because, over time, they adopt the unhealthy eating habits that are more common here. They start eating more processed foods, prepared foods loaded with preservatives and high fructose corn syrup and other crap that is cheap and abundant here. Also, until a few years ago, they were encountering a lot more food containing trans fats, which we only recently learned was even more deadly than the meat fats they had long ago replaced. I am raising three beautiful healthy children here. The only reason why I am less healthy than I could be is because I make bad personal choices, mostly outside the home. Inside our home I have no huge concerns about what I'm feeding my children - again it's about reading labels and making good choices.
rickdugan
2 years ago
She looks like she could look good if she lost a few. On the other side of it though these runway models you do see do got to eat a bit no? 5’11 90lbs ain’t a great look.
Muddy
2 years ago
^ A lot of fashion standards come from gay men. The heroin chic runway model look makes me want to donate to Sally Struthers, not bang. I love curvy women, even some BBWs. Haley Hasselhoff is 30 pounds past BBW, she's _fat_.
Tetradon
2 years ago
Is it my imagination or do most lesbians look fat and or fugly and they have turned to other women because men don't want them?
shadowcat
2 years ago
"Is it my imagination or do most lesbians look fat and or fugly and they have turned to other women because men don't want them?" I haven't seen that. I've seen plenty of hot lesbians, and I there seems to be no shortage of dudes who either like or tolerate fat & or ugly women. Some dudes prefer the big girls.
Dolfan
2 years ago
—>“Yeah, which is worse? Dying of starvation or from stuffing your mouth full of crap that you purchase from the store because yiu have no self control or thought of what is healthy into your mouth?” Eeh…with the recent food crop failure stuff in the news, I guess we are about to see how the trade offs are for the current practices and whether food really is more durable here after all. —>“Ooh look, trying to reframe issues of food quality into food quantity. Nutrition is a nice thing that helps with satiating. Christ, who the fuck needs to eat bread, is that even a basic food group? Maybe if you consider salt and sugar a basic need.” Even if YOU personally avoid anything that has had GMO wheat, corn, and soy added in—the prime steak you were flexing about was probably fed that. And while you make judgmental comments that people should always know what they are buying and being conscious in a store, do YOU know the true origins of the prime beef you had? “How the animal is raised is not reflected in the grade. You can buy Prime beef that comes from a dairy cow slaughtered at 12 months and given antibiotics and growth hormones and fed quickly, or you can buy meat from naturally raised beef-breed cattle that was fed for 120-plus days, never given drugs, and slaughtered at a more flavorful 24 months, and that's also Prime.” https://www.seriouseats.com/beef-shopping-prime-high-choice-steak —>“Grow your own damn food,” Ooh, I’m going to take the time right now to shill for the Gardyn hydroponic system. 😁 I bought it last winter and that thing is awesome. https://mygardyn.com/product/gardyn-home-kit/ —>“pick the health conscious foods from the store” Ever been to a grocery store in a less nice neighborhood? The produce is often crappier and there is less selection available for that stuff. At that is when it’s even available at all. “Food deserts are a real thing” BUT no clue why you wouldn’t bring up a good farmers market or CSA subscription or something for your argument there. Especially when disregarding income and access to stuff for a lot of people right from the get-go. —>“The use of growth hormones in pork and chicken has been banned for years.” They haven’t been. https://www.fda.gov/animal-veterinary/product-safety-information/steroid-hormone-implants-used-growth-food-producing-animals If anyone can point to any serious study which indicates that the use of pesticides in our crops or antibiotics in our pigs and cows are putting dangerous chemicals in our blood streams https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8196593/ https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7151998/ https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8039466/ Not to say there’s no merit in making good food choices. It would be nice if the worst ingredients weren’t actively subsidized by the government—keeping the prices of the more problematic foods artificially low and better foods relatively higher. This right-wing advocacy piece summarizes it pretty well: https://www.americanactionforum.org/research/primer-agriculture-subsidies-and-their-influence-on-the-composition-of-u-s-food-supply-and-consumption/ And as far as the arguments of making better choices. Yes, good choices are always a good thing. But I kid you not when I was in China, the person I was with always wanted to hit up the street vendors after dinner every night so there was more than plenty of fried meat and bubble tea being consumed. I was not making the good choices at all lol. The daytime had plenty of trips to the bakery (holy cow, they get really artistic with how they make their cakes. Those things are so beautiful) or other dessert places like rolled ice cream (it was cool seeing that before I saw it be trendy in the US a few years later) I STILL lost weight and I was floored. Granted, walking I’m sure did some good, but I really doubt that was the whole story. And I was shocked at how nice my skin looked, considering all the pollution everywhere. I could only imagine what it would be like in a country that has the whole health thing down even better than China. —— I’m not exactly enthusiastic about the whole food shortages thing, but if there is any hope of a silver lining, it’s that perhaps people will start realizing the importance of growing and not leaving it to be outsourced to a few big players. And more small-time farmers will return and more community gardens will become more common. Time will tell if that will happen or not.
nicespice
2 years ago
Ooh and forgot to mention, when it was suggested in the OP that Hoffman should eat a salad…careful with that. https://www.eatthis.com/19-salads-worse-than-whopper/
nicespice
2 years ago
NiceSpice's last comment made me chuckle, because she's right. I've dated girls in the past that had maybe gained some weight while in the LTR. In response, when we went out to eat, I would say something similar to, "I should eat more healthy" and order a salad with light vinaigrette, or a chicken breast instead of pork/steak. There were some who would agree and order a taco salad or a breaded/battered fish or chicken entree. Sometimes it was ignorance of basic nutrition, sometimes it was being a smartass and throwing it back in my face. Facebook photos show the smartasses never wised up. Endlessly posting about crossfit will not offset your Big Mac addiction.
gammanu95
2 years ago
Here, celebrate this fatty. She has no shame, too. Now yiu can idolize her gluttony and say “it was the American food she ate”. No, it was she sat on her fat ass and consumed for she has no control of her childish impulses. Fat positivity is an excuse to eat your feelings. Apparently feelings are delicious for you fat fucks. Enjoy her pics! https://www.the-sun.com/lifestyle/5813403/plus-size-people-hide-body-i-refuse-fitted-clothes/?utm_campaign=native_share&utm_source=sharebar_native&utm_medium=sharebar_native
Mate27
2 years ago
Wow! @spice is really turning me on. All this time I just thought you were a hot dancer who could somehow tolerate the PLs on this site. It turns out you are really smart and well informed! I may have been reading your posts, while fantasizing about what it would be like to see you reading them slowly and seductively, while over-annunciating the big scientific words…
iknowbetter
2 years ago
https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.glamourmagazine.co.uk%2Farticle%2Fswimwear-tucking-transgender-women%3Ffbclid%3DIwAR2tnGReCq8E6hyy1l1bcYKv_eDqXvynEyhgsTh7CFLsOBBNj_ZbpAFSGms&h=AT2lsuqH7bWwo276T2w3IkcVy9jmtVAu2ECNdVlmm4fIwq4ckiI1r2rfcclgCdoFobyUQS7RVJUjDQj9aboDutHBn9vIk6G9azRFmwD_C0SxXSgJj55wILFndXPmRlGm9J45bBt9hy5fLaC7M_M&s=1 Maybe we all should be woke about trannies, too? There’s a no tuck rule in football, but not in trans body positivity. From fat fucks to trannies, let’s just lower our standards so everybody can sit around singing Coom-bye-yah my lord!
Mate27
2 years ago
Women have been oppressed with this body weight thing. If today some heavy ones want to show their stuff, more power to them. Some of them I actually like. SJG The Modern Jazz Quartet (Jazz 625) - 1964 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QOF6r5LzpY
san_jose_guy
2 years ago
Those of you body shaming others. Post pics of your bodies and those of the civvies you get
Icee Loco (asshole)
2 years ago
Once again, the women beating, drug addicting, manipulating, thieving pimp's addiction to moral superiority comes through. At least he likes fat chicks! Lulz.
Tetradon
2 years ago
Body positivity isn't telling you who else's body you should like. It's saying people can like their own bodies, regardless of how few others do. So it's a particular case of freedom of thought. If you object to freedom of thought, go suck Putin's dick.
ilbbaicnl
2 years ago
^ YES! SJG https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azl_Wr1a1YE
san_jose_guy
2 years ago
Bill Burr agrees: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F03NgeTz7QY
Tiburon
2 years ago
Ilb, as an impotent, woke, little, Chicago progressive, predictably misses the point. I object to disgusting rolls of pasty white flash being paraded about in public. I object to your lack of control and humility assailing my eyeballs. I object to you trying to force me to celebrate your skanky, nasty, fat ass. You are an obese, diagusting, slob. Fatties should be shamed and ashamed.
gammanu95
2 years ago
Then gammanu95, just shove your head back up you rectum. SJG Pretenders-My City Was Gone (1984) HD https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAw97jKBeTk
san_jose_guy
2 years ago
Sports Illustrated kicked off their swimsuit show with two tons of fun! https://s.yimg.com/ny/api/res/1.2/peKG8KA2kS82.RDpIYSmiw--/YXBwaWQ9aGlnaGxhbmRlcjt3PTk2MDtjZj13ZWJw/https://s.yimg.com/os/creatr-uploaded-images/2022-07/c1a68060-086f-11ed-baf8-1cbe810b0606 https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/sports-illustrated-swimsuit-powerfully-diverse-models-runway-215727384.html
misterorange
2 years ago
^ I love it! SJG Pretenders-My City Was Gone (1984) HD https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAw97jKBeTk
san_jose_guy
2 years ago
I agree with what Nicespice said. I have met multiple chicken farmers from the south who grow chickens for Tyson farms. Every one of them quit growing for Tyson because they felt the practiced were inhumane. Tyson has requirements for what facilities you have. If you meet that requirements then Tyson brings you the chicks and the food for them. You are required to give them the food provided and nothing else. They claim it is a proprietary blend with no hormones or antibiotics. At the time their packaging in the store says no antibiotics of hormones. The chickens would grow so fast they had some body parts under developed whole other parts were over developed. They would have chickens running around with heads dangling and flopping around because their neck muscles didn't develop enough to hold their head upright. Another guy I know who is a chemical supplier to farmers sells what he calls Feed Grade Urea. Urea is the lowest quality of nitrogen available and Feed Grade Urea is the lowest quality Urea there is available. I asked him why they call it Feed Grade Urea. He said it is what ranchers use to feed cattle to fatten them up. That can't be good. More nitrates in your meat.
crazyjoe
2 years ago
Also,I have bought 1/4 of a cow at a time and had it processed into steaks, roasts and hamburger. The beef came from someone I knew that was grass and corn fed. I also got bison meat the same way. After eating that kind of meat. If I buy regular hamburger in the store now I will throw up because it is so nasty.
crazyjoe
2 years ago
Same here crazy joe. It pays to have a big freezer. Shame there's not cow hunting season...
Jimmybigtits
2 years ago
Let's eat tacos
MackTruck
2 years ago
https://www.thefashionspot.com/runway-news/654137-plus-size-models-lingerie/#/slide/1 https://www.foxylingerie.com/products/plus-size-boob-out-open-cup-teddy https://www.yandy.com/collections/plus-size-open-cup-lingerie SJG Azteca Reunion Concert 2007 with special guests Sheila E., Ray Carrion, Paris Escovedo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZESJFhPpmfo
san_jose_guy
2 years ago
If Chinese food is so much better than American, then why is China the largest importer of US hog production? We export more of our pork to China than any other entity
Mate27
2 years ago
That healthy Chinese cuisine just killed 6 million people around the world.
yahtzee74
2 years ago
https://www.spicylingerie.com/ey-yh3168x.html SJG The Pretenders - Hard Rock - 1998 ( quite good and they added a keyboardist) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4jIhy6m5tk
san_jose_guy
2 years ago
Ok, so here's the latest "next big thing" - Sports Illustrated "making history" yet again. https://nypost.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2022/05/kelly-hughes-1.jpg A model showing off her C-section scar. Yeah, that's great. Just what I want to look at. I wonder if they ever ask themselves why Car & Driver's cover doesn't feature a 10 year old Honda with a busted headlight and scratches all over the doors?
misterorange
2 years ago
A c-section scar does not bother me. Her soft, round, flabby, belly is the deal breaker.
gammanu95
2 years ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion