Time for the NFL to get tough on crime

Tuesday, October 11, 2022 9:24 PM
Devonte Adams needs to be prosecuted for assault and do time. At the very least he needs to be suspended for the remainder of the season. The assault was on par with what Ron Artest did during the Malice at the Palace and he was suspended for the year You just can’t do this to spectators and stadium workers [view link]

22 comments

he deserves a big fine and at least a few games suspension.
TheeOSU
2 years ago
No photographer should be allowed to obstruct the players exit in any sporting venue. That doesn't make the player's action correct.
rockie
2 years ago
Some communities......
skibum609
2 years ago
Just disgusting, I cant believe the length the Chiefs will go to injure opposing players. The camera should be suspended and never allowed into the stadium
NJBalla
2 years ago
Davante Adams has pushed as many cameramen as he has wins this season.
shailynn
2 years ago
Thankfully the guy suffered injuries that are "preliminarily thought to be non-life threatening", as written in the guy's police report filed for assault (and probable forthcoming lawsuit)...
idletraveler
2 years ago
what adams did was reprehensible. all this could have been avoided if that douche mcdaniel would have gone for the extra point. afc west have the top 3 coaches in the nfl that make the most beyond questionable decisions that affect their teams' outcomes.
rattdog
2 years ago
Are you talking about the guy who essentially blindsided a professional football player by running directly into him? Then only got a single shove to the ground? In the video we don't see the players eyes or know if he said anything, but there's enough there to put question into what happened before all the claims come out. The eyes we can see are those of a person carrying a camera about to crash into a much larger human (wearing protective gear no less) and makes no attempt to avoid them.
wallanon
2 years ago
I see the shove - and I am glad the resulting injuries were non life threatening. However, the photographers who are going to be very close to the actual football game should understand and accept the dangers inherent in that area. Football is played by guys who are pumped up and if they don’t flatten the opponent, then they will get flattened. The sideline folks must get out of the way of players, coaches and any other folks who are assisting the team with Gatorade or anything else. Nobody went to that game to see the camera guy - so he has no business getting anywhere near a player. Sorry, if my opinion is unpopular, but that camera guy should not be suing anyone! He’s about as smart as the woman who climbed into a lion’s enclosure at a zoo.
Cashman1234
2 years ago
you're right cashman. the cameraman should have least been more aware in that situation. but instead of shoving him off the way he did all adams had to do was bark, "yo get the fuck out of the way!!!
rattdog
2 years ago
Davante Adams is a p.o.s. entitled rich fuck. Hope he gets his sorry, overrated, last place team ass handed to him in Court. Also, very sorry the protestor wasn't very badly injured, because he got what he asked for and what he deserved.
skibum609
2 years ago
"Time for the NFL to get tough on crime" And jeopardize their precious cash cows? What are you smoking? For all you apologists, I don't know what to say. Short of the cameraman deliberately targeting the player, and I see nothing even resembling a hint of that in the clip, there's no excuse for that behavior.
georgmicrodong
2 years ago
Inexcusable behavior by a professional athlete, but the NFL has bigger problems to deal with.
iknowbetter
2 years ago
I had heard that the cameraman rushed and obstructed him, but that is no excuse for the violent shove to the ground. Yesterday I had some high school college kid hot-dogging free-running in front of his girl nearly run into me. I just stopped him with a hand on his chest, and said "easy, buddy." He apologized, and we were cool. I'm not nearly as big as Adams, and this kid was in much better physical condition than the cameraman. Adults have to handle things like adults, not lash out like children have temper tantrums. I know that's a big ask in the NFL. Adams should be charged for the crime he did commit, and the league and employer for the cameraman should look at his actions for unprofessional conduct.
gammanu95
2 years ago
It's bizarre the number of people trying to blame the photographer for being assaulted by a pro football player. Anyone with unbiased critical thinking skills can watch the video in slow mo and see Adams unnecessarily shoved the guy half his size. That photographer deserves a fat check just for being humiliated in front of millions of people.
Lone_Wolf
2 years ago
No, the frame on the video is too small to make that determination. If you have a better video, please share or link to it, otherwise your statement is factually false.
gammanu95
2 years ago
Well, I guess the video that shows the side of the player puts more distance there. In the camera angle I saw from the back it looked like a cameraman actually ran into him. But the wide angle view did show how far the cameraman ran to be in that spot where he got shoved. If the guy wants a payday that's his choice, but either way he looks like an idiot.
wallanon
2 years ago
The only idiot I saw in the video was the pro athlete shoving a young dude half his size for the crime of walking in front of him.
Lone_Wolf
2 years ago
Lone_Wolf we get it. You're outraged. What else do you want people to say? Should he have gotten pushed? No. Should he have been more aware of his surroundings? Yes. And if we're going to keep spinning on this. The camera guy was not walking. He was going at a full sprint and came in from the side. This was fun. I'm done with it now. If I'm not here judging all for what gets posted day in and day out on TUSCL I'm not going to judge some pro athlete for a lapse in judgement.
wallanon
2 years ago
wallanon, I get it your a fan that thinks celebrity athletes should be allowed to give beat downs to dudes half their size for walking in front of them. After all, they're not aware of their surroundings. They fucking deserve it. What else do you want us to say.
Lone_Wolf
2 years ago
"wallanon, I get it your a fan that thinks celebrity athletes should be allowed to give beat downs to dudes half their size for walking in front of them." Lol that's not what I think at all. I think there are two video clips that show what happened (maybe more, I saw two) and a whole of speculation. All I'm trying to say is I'm not that invested and trying to disengage. If you can't acknowledge the difference between walking and running, then I'm fine to just let it be. "After all, they're not aware of their surroundings. They fucking deserve it." Should he have gotten pushed? No. I've typed it again just for you. That means I've typed twice in one day the camera person didn't deserve to get pushed. Now I'm really, really done. Next person in can argue if they want, but for now you can argue with yourself.
wallanon
2 years ago
wallanon - the problem I have with your obfuscation is that you say he shouldn't have been pushed then you proceed to talk about camera angles, running, awareness... blaming the victim.
Lone_Wolf
2 years ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion