Question re: Dealing with Meseros

Tuesday, March 21, 2023 2:06 AM
I have never been to the Zona Norte but am considering checking it out. I have been reading so many frustrations with the meseros at HK. I was curious, does anybody ever actually pay one to relax, support you in your good time, and keep the other table boys away? I mean, if they are living off $1 tips, can you just slip one $20 and have them take care of you? Thanks. Hasta labia.

7 comments

@SalaoLikeSantiago I will play along and comment on your discussion. Q: does anybody ever actually pay one to relax, support you in your good time, and keep the other table boys away? A: the meseros/waiters and dancers/bar-girls are doing their job. The girls are required a “quota” of “drinks/tokens” (an average of 20 per day/shift) and the meseros are required to help the girls meet their “quota”. One way to keep the meseros/away away is to buy a bottle for/with the girl (the equivalent to 10-20 drinks/tokens) that way the girl is happy that she is filling the quota, less pressure for her, and she will be happy to spend more time with you “drinking” and talking, partying as a foreplay before you take her upstairs/arriba for the paid-for-sex full service. There is suppose to be no vaginal access on the floor, you can have a vip dance on one of the booths, test drive to decide if you want to take her arriba. If you are in a budget, the best most efficient way to approach the hobby in Hong Kong is to walk in like the Terminator and scam the girls in the floor and find ONE that you really like and your gut feeling is telling you “that is the mother of your children” and immediately approach her and tell her: “I like you because you are beautiful and nice, and want to take you upstairs if you are willing to make love to me like it is my last day before going to war and probably die in the battle” (Me gustas eres muy Bonita te quiero llevar arriba, si estas dispuesta a hacer el amor conmigo, como si fuera mi ultimo dia antes de ir a La Guerra y probabemente morir en batalla) Make sure she agrees to the terms, full service and anything else you want and a at a price you both believe it is a win win transaction. Typically is $100 for full service plus $30-$40 for the room for 30 minutes, unless you are staying at Cascadas and you have your own room. Remember: For some people something is so expensive that if they even wonder whether or not they can afford it, they can't. Don’t buy things that you can’t afford. This hobby is not affordable for everyone. Just use common sense and you will be fine. With the right mindset and realistic expectations, most heterosexual men will have a good time at Hong Kong because it is, according to Krusty, the Happiest Place on Earth. https://tuscl.net/photo.php?id=1401 If you behave like a Gentlemen you will be treated like a gentleman, if you behave like a ugly American Tourist you will be treated accordingly. Just use common sense don’t be flashing cash don’t travel outside the safe Zona Norte, don’t drink or do drugs. Just be careful out there, like if you were visiting the South, South Central Los Angeles, Compton California, Detroit etc etc Most people in Tijuana are regular people like you and everyone else in the world, nice, welcoming and helpful. And traveling to Tijuana is still very affordable for most Americans. Have a nice trip.
CJKent_band
a year ago
Short Version: Yes, tip the right mesero a little extra and tell him that you want to be served only by him. Get his name and if another comes around, simply say that Aldo or Benito is taking care of your service. A few won’t, but most meseros will leave you alone. One issue is that the chica might have a favorite mesero and try to loop him in. Watch out, as they might be working scams together. OTOH, they are more likely friends trying to help each other out. She tries to make sure that her friend gets most of your tips and when one of his patrons asks him to bring a girl, she is his first choice. Nothing wrong with that. Tell her that you want all orders to be through your choice of meseros. Again, some will not, but most chicas will respect your choice, An initial tip of $5 and an extra $1 ($2 for one drink $3 for two drinks, and so forth) should make the mesero loyal. If not, choose another. The meseros pay $40 a shift to work there, so you can see why management packs the house with them and they must hustle just to break even. $20 is a huge tip and might make you appear to be a mark. Spread it out and you will have a better result. Finally, always be ready to say NO to anything that smells like a scam. I have had to get very confrontational at times. Example: the $30 wine scam. No matter what the chica ordered, the mesero brings a tiny bottle of cheap wine and says that it is $30. Tell him to FO. I think management encourages the staff to run this scam.
PutaTester
a year ago
I only tip a dollar at a time per drink. and I try to stick with meseros that I favor.
Jascoi
a year ago
and that wine ficha drink is very watered down and not even as big as the tiny ficha beer (which is 200 ml.)
Jascoi
a year ago
@CJK - thanks for playing along. @Scrub - you should see the car jackings and shootings that I dodge right here in the good ol' USA. @PT - seems wise, sound advice (thanks)...did not know that the meseros pay to go too. @Jascoi - thanks.
SalaoLikeSantiago
a year ago
I have never had a problem when I just tell the mesero no, or to come back in 10 minutes. That said, it is good to get one mesero on your side, honestly a $5 tip the first time he brings a drink or a girl is enough. Most mesero's speak better English's than the girls. Tell them what you are looking for and they will keep you happy.
rugrat
a year ago
Unlike many others, I've never really experienced over-aggressive maseros. More often than not, I have to approach them to get me a drink. That might be because I'm usually walking around a lot, floor to floor, front of the club to the back, one shaving cream show to the other. They will, however, be all over you during a ficha, asking if you want to buy another before the lady even finishes her first, and they try to get you to buy her food, showing you the Azul menu that's on the back of their trays. If you're seated, they'll bring over a girl and ask if you want to buy her a ficha. Overall, I don't think they're as big of a nuisance for those of us who like to roam a lot.
JAprufrock
a year ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion