Robbery or actual 'bad luck'?

Monday, November 27, 2023 9:36 PM
I won't name the club, as I have no proof, but I believe my buddy got robbed the other night. Bought him a TD with a dancer who had been chatting us up for a while. She took him up and proceeded to ask him to remove his wallet and phone so she doesn't cut or otherwise harm herself. My buddy removed his pretty thin wallet and phone and placed them on the couch the dance was on. Dance goes ok, he reaches over and grabs his stuff, and heads back to the seat. About 30 seconds off the platform he pats himself and realizes his wallet is not there, goes back up to the VIP platform and the same dancer is already with another guy on the same couch. We ask them to move to check the cushion and between area, around the floor, under any adjoining table...asked the guy sitting (didn't speak english) if he found it....nada. Talked to manager to check the video, and he said he saw no-one between my buddy walking away and the girl and customer coming back, so no one walking by bending down to pick 'something' up. Now. While I'd still say it was theft, if the wallet just dropped or was actually left behind and was grabbed by someone....I wouldn't say he was robbed. However, if the girl knowingly pushed it down into the couch or on the floor so he'd miss it when getting up....then brought a new 'customer'/partner over to immediately grab it up...yeah....robbed. I mean it's still 100% his fault for not being aware of his wallet being gone at 0.0001 seconds after standing up, but he was a noob and she knew that, and maybe saw it as a chance to take advantage of someone she'd know was distracted. Points against it just being an accident. Stripper was back at the same spot less than 30 seconds after walking down...that's a pretty quick turn around for even the best hustle. Point 2, non english speaking 'customer' meant even if he did get busted he could play the 'no comprendo' card about not understanding what I was asking. Point 3, the customer seemed to leave almost immediately after the whole thing and his dance was done. Point 4, and the real kicker to me....dancer left about 10 min after as well. Point in her favor of not being a thief....she was very nice both before and after things happened...sitting and talking about getting the manager to look at the video, and options for flying out the next day (his ID was in the wallet). I'd like to think she would have just kept her distance if she just robbed him. Especially if she was leaving anyway. It's all done now, luckily he had brought his passport to fly back, and only had about $150 in the wallet, but it really turned the whole visit sour for him, his first visit to a strip club. Even after I bought him another dance with a different girl that went better....it was a quiet drive back to the hotel. So what is your opinion dear mongers? Does this sound like it was set up, or was it just bad luck on my buddy's part + some unscrupulous passer by who saw the dropped wallet and snagged it? If a setup, does it sound like a common one?

21 comments

Don’t believe in coincidence You should name the club maybe the same thing has happened to others, you can name them without naming the dancer.
twentyfive
6 months ago
The follow up "customer" was actually a co-conspirator. A quick "got a wallet" text and then the next customer takes off with it while the dancer plays dumb. You should describe the appearance of the thief (dancer) and alert the reader to at least have their guard up if they vip with her.
mickey48066
6 months ago
99% a rip off. Probably a standard play for the 2nd "customer" & dancer. Name the club, dancer name with description & manager.
etsutwigg222
6 months ago
Once he agreed to his wallet coming out of the pants he was doomed. I always wrap my cash around my license, and it goes in the front pocket. Everything else goes on the floor, table, rail. When the pants come off in a club they are rolled up in a ball and thrown in an area where the only reason a dancer would be there is to steal. Very inexpensive and worthy lesson imo. Remind your friend to try again unless he is the only guy on earth who never had a shitty sexual experience and then tried again.
skibum609
6 months ago
A good friend never lets a friend take a wallet into a SC. Sad, but hope you had learnt something.
stainglass
6 months ago
@Smegma Jones I will play along and comment on your discussion. Q: Robbery or actual 'bad luck'? A: Neither. There is no ‘bad luck’. Your “luck” is no worse and no better than anyone else's. I am assuming you are telling what “your friend” told you happened, so it is second hand knowledge. You said and I quote: “She took him up and proceeded to ask him to remove his wallet and phone so she doesn't cut or otherwise harm herself.” How is she going to cut herself on a wallet or phone? Then you continue to, and I quote you again: “My buddy removed his pretty thin wallet and phone and placed them on the couch the dance was on. Dance goes ok, he reaches over and grabs his stuff, and heads back to the seat. About 30 seconds off the platform he pats himself and realizes his wallet is not there.” So “your friend” reaches over and grabs his wallet and phone “his stuff” and walks away,, and 30 seconds later, how convenient to “realize” he lost his wallet. Finally you tell some truth, and I quote: “I mean it's still 100% his fault for not being aware of his wallet being gone at 0.0001 seconds after standing up” Yes it is “YOUR friend” fault for being careless. YOU can't seem to get over/forgive “YOURSELF, or “your friend” for being too careless. How can YOU and “your friend “ get over this? Probably all of us have lost something valuable at some time, and like you, many of us go into a state of self-retribution for being so stupid, careless, irresponsible, forgetful, absent-minded etc. “The lost wallet or purse law: No matter how careful you are, assume that you will lose a few.... Keep grief to a minimum. It's bad enough your stuff is gone; don't lose your mind too.” Take it easy on “your friend” and YOURSELF and let’s be careful out there. And remember Pics and Vids or it didn’t happen. :D
CJKent_band
6 months ago
^ cj is undeniably a dick pic collecting cocksucking homo! #Undeniable fact!
TheeOSU
6 months ago
@CJKent_Band This was not "my friend" it was "my buddy", so you obviously have reading comprehension issues or don't understand how a quote works. However, in either case I get your meaning. That I am, in fact, the victim and hiding behind a construct of "my buddy". This is incorrect. My buddy is indeed another person, a 1st timer, who did have his wallet stolen....or lost it...but either way was not me. I've been in clubs for a looooong time and had enough scams run past me I doubt I'd have fallen for this, but when I DO take my stuff out I don't move 1 inch till it's all back in my pockets. Thanks for your concern about my mental well being, but I've been here since 2001 and have 34 reviews which is about 10% of my visits out in the wild. If I got my wallet stolen, I'd say so. Save your assumptions for someone else. And I'm not sure if you've ever seen a ridge wallet, especially the older ones, but the outside is basically a thin piece of metal and does have somewhat of an edge. While it's not sharp per-se, I've had many girls ask me to remove things from my pockets before a dance. The request itself was not out of the ordinary. She could also have been referring to keys if he had them, but he didn't as I drove. The request itself shouldn't set off any bells and whistles to anyone who's ever had a vigorous lapdance and carries stuff in their front pockets. Either way, likely it WAS just an intentional way to get his stuff out of his pockets in the event he MIGHT forget them....then, as someone else pointed out, a quick nod to a partner got the non English speaking guy up there for the grab up. As far as forgiveness...on this point, yeah I do blame myself. Not because I lost 'my' wallet, but because I picked the girl for him (shit choice by me I guess) and probably should have held his stuff while he went up as he didn't need it when I paid up front. If for no other reason than as a noob, my buddy was going to be susceptible to the normal hard sell, 'give me a tip', or 'that was 2 songs' scamming that could go on with any stripper. No wallet...no availability for that, and in this case, no chance he'd have lost or got it stolen it either. No, I won't have pictures or video, but can get and post the police report and experian/transunion/equifax credit lock activation that was filed today if you want. I won't, because who the F are you that I'd give a crap.....but I could. Thanks for your valuable input.
Smegma Jones
6 months ago
@Smegma Jones FYI the phrase “Pics or it didn’t happened” is Internet slang, humorous. Used to demand verifiable evidence for a statement. The meaning of the phrase being that if you didn't take a photo of the particular event and post it on social media, then how do we know it actually happened? I use the phrase in that humorous context. You wrote and I quote: “As far as forgiveness...on this point, yeah I do blame myself.” Don’t blame yourself for things that are beyond your control… let us blame you. :D “Don't blame people for disappointing you, blame yourself for expecting too much from them.” According to “my friend”: Life happens. Shit happens. And it happens a lot. To a lot of people. :D
CJKent_band
6 months ago
CK Kent is a Marxist who believes in redistribution of wealth. He supports criminal actions such as this. And the comments “Life happens. Shit happens” and “Your “luck” is no worse and no better than anyone else's” — coming from CJ Kent are ironically hilarious. Typically he believes everyone is the victim - oh, I guess that only applies to Native Americans and Blacks.
motorhead
6 months ago
Never take wallet or phone into the club . Your friend should know that
Package
6 months ago
You could DM people who have written reviews of the club. Somebody who's a dancer's regular at the club could ask her about that dancer. The dancers seem to know who the ROBs are.
ilbbaicnl
6 months ago
He was not robbed. For such a scheme to work, it would first require the dancer to make the wallet "disappear" without the mark noticing, then it would require the mark to leave immediately without realizing his wallet was missing, then have a fake customer waiting to come in for a dance and finally have the club manager cover it up by claiming the video doesn't show anything. An elaborate scheme with a fatal flaw - getting the mark to leave without his wallet. Your buddy left with both his wallet and phone and simply thought he was putting the wallet in his pocket, but actually dropped it on the floor.
WiseToo
6 months ago
@CJ Yes...I know and got the joke...it followed your non-joke accusing that I'd lie about the scenario on an anonymous chat board to somehow save face. So I didn't really care it was a joke. Good day. @Package Personally, I will always bring a wallet and phone in, I'm just more aware and judicious on their whereabouts at all times. Also, the wallet only ever has an ID and my cash, no CCs as I'd never use them in a club anyway. I also have my wallet in my back pocket 90% of the time, and pre-load my front pocket with my expected spend for that dance prior to getting a dance, so in general, never pull out or open it in eyeshot of a dancer. My buddy was a 1st timer, so hence why I feel a bit of guilt in not holding his stuff as he went up and picking the 'wrong' girl for him. However, $150 is pretty cheap for a good life lesson, so maybe in the end, it will end up a strong one that sticks. @WiseToo Yeah, I'd LIKE to go with the fact he dropped it, and someone quickly scooped it up in a way that didn't show on video (if and when they really looked at it) and it was the 'bad luck' scenario...vs the elaborate scheme scenario. The biggest problem with the bad luck scenario is there was only about 10 feet of floor between our seats and the 'dance' area, and less than a min for the passerby to scoop it. That's extremely bad luck in that case. I think the consensus is probably correct....it was planned or at least pounced on, by the dancer&friend. Yes, it hinges on the fact someone would forget the wallet or not notice it was shoved into a couch void, but I'd guess that could happen, especially with a noob.
Smegma Jones
6 months ago
@Smegma Jones Remember the note at the bottom of the tuscl page: “All contents should be considered a work of fiction. © 1993-2023 the ultimate strip club list” Let me add another couple of fictional scenarios, to the mythical place where a wallet disappeared…customers speak Spanish and no English…Buddy and friend have very similar meanings, but are not the same…a dancer “was very nice both before and after things happened...sitting and talking about getting the manager to look at the video” etc etc etc And, I quote: “he reaches over and grabs his stuff, and heads back to the seat. About 30 seconds off the platform he pats himself and realizes his wallet is not there, goes back up to the VIP platform and the same dancer is already with another guy on the same couch. We ask them to move to check the cushion and between area, around the floor, under any adjoining table...asked the guy sitting (didn't speak english) if he found it....nada.” How convenient that he “pats himself and realizes his wallet is not there”…How does HE go back and then YOU TWO asked them to move? Another scenarios: A) Your buddy is lying about losing his wallet because he likes drama, attention or needs to claim he lost it to cover his own economic problems/crimes… B) Your buddy dropped the wallet and it went to another dimension. Have you ever dropped something on the floor and it just disappears? I am sure most people have this happened to them at one time or another. C) Your buddy dropped his wallet and it just bounced under something and nobody noticed it in the dark club until the next day where the lights were on, and the cleaning crew found it when they were 🧹 sweeping the floor and turned the wallet in to the lost and found and the people at the club will contact “your buddy” to go get his wallet. In any case “traditionally, fiction includes novels, short stories, fables, legends, myths, fairy tales, epic and narrative poetry, plays (including operas, musicals, dramas, puppet plays, and various kinds of theatrical dances).” “Every work of fiction falls into a sub-genre, each with its own style, tone, elements, and storytelling devices.” NOT ROBBERY! Have a great day! :D
CJKent_band
6 months ago
@CJKent Are you still talking? To who? Fine...I'll humor you. Hmmm....let's see. HE goes back and then I join him to help look for it? Is that so implausible? A) not unless he really wanted to keep the façade up. Which seems pointless past the time we left the club. B) If you were talking about a sock, or shirt button....sure. A wallet with $150 in it, no. I doubt anyone has ever had that happen. C) This is the most likely 'non scam' option....and there has been no call yet a few days later. That's a pretty magical bounce or an awful cleaning crew. And at this point, it wouldn't matter as we already left town, the ID is reported stolen and replaced and I'm 100% the money would be gone either way....robbery or accident. I will admit, we should have called the cops there and then. It might not have netted anything as I doubt the club could have detained the customer or dancer, and they'd have been gone by the time the cops arrived, but maybe the stink it would have brought would have gotten the bouncer/manager to shake them both down. Maybe even the threat of it would have worked. Hopefully I'll never have another chance to test the theory. Try actually going to a club vs just participating in the discussion boards. The real world experience might give you some perspective. And now.....I say good day.
Smegma Jones
6 months ago
@Smegma Jones You did ask, and I quote: “So what is your opinion dear mongers?” We are giving you what you asked for. “A wise man makes his own decisions, an ignorant man follows the public opinion.” ~ Grantland Rice “The greatest fear in the world is of the opinions of others.” :D
CJKent_band
6 months ago
@CJ Yes....I asked. You called me a liar, so I'm no longer interested in your opinion...as it has no value and is based off an incorrect premise.
Smegma Jones
6 months ago
^ and a jackass just brays the same song over and over again.
twentyfive
6 months ago
^ that was to C. J. Kunt.
twentyfive
6 months ago
@Smegma Jones One last “scenario” "You are completely entitled to opinions that are not supported by evidence. But the moment you spread that opinion as fact, you are a liar. And if you spread it as fact knowing it is not supported by evidence, you are both a liar and a fraud."
CJKent_band
6 months ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion