Favorite line, lines or stanza of any song ever recorded.

Wednesday, February 28, 2024 9:52 PM
Every day when I get home from work, I feel so frustrated, the boss is a jerk. So, I grabbed my sticks and go out to the shed and I banged on the drum like it was the boss' head. I don't want to work; I just want to bang on the drum all day.

49 comments

I woke up in a Soho doorway, a policeman knew my name. He said, "You can go sleep at home tonight, if you can get up and walk away."
misterorange
3 months ago
“You know what to do, 'cause I won't say please Just nibble on my dick like a rat does cheese!” 2 Live Crew
motorhead
3 months ago
open 24 hours a day just waiting on a call from you
twentyfive
3 months ago
“Mama always told me not to look into the eyes of the sun….but mama, that’s where the fun is.”
motorhead
3 months ago
Good question Skifredo. There is one correct answer. The most poetic words sung by any hairless ape are: Hush, my darling, don't fear, my darling, The lion sleeps tonight Hush, my darling, don't fear, my darling, The lion sleeps tonight Wah oh oh, wah oh oh, wah oh wimoweh Weeheeheehee dee heeheeheehee weeoh aweem away Weeheeheehee dee heeheeheehee weeoh aweem away ROAR!!!
rickthelion
3 months ago
From The Card Cheat by the Clash. There’s something about the gusto in their delivery: “From the Hundred Year War to the Crimea With a lance and a musket and a Roman spear To all of the men who have stood with no fear In the service of the King”
Studme53
3 months ago
On a dark desert highway, cool wind in my hair. Warm smell of colitas, rising up through the air.
azdd
3 months ago
This one isn’t a song it’s a poem “ For my unconquerable soul. I have not winced nor cried aloud. My head is bloody, but unbowed.”
twentyfive
3 months ago
"Dead Man Fall" - "Bang Your Drum" I've been thinking about the things that are stuck inside in my head and I can’t get them out. I've been waking at four in the morning, I don’t know why I can’t get back to sleep again tonight. Keep banging on Banging on your drum Keep banging on And your day will come Keep banging on Banging on your drum And they will hear you In this video, the guitarist was with the Sex Pistols. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGdzxDsOgYs#ddg-play
mogul1985
3 months ago
Def Leppard in Rock of Ages. “It’s better to burn out, than fade away.”
TxVegas
3 months ago
You can check out any time you like but you can never leave
Huntsman
3 months ago
^^ And in the master's chambers the gathered for the feast. They stab it with their steely knives, but they just can't kill the beast. Fucking classic man.
misterorange
3 months ago
I want you. I need you. But there ain’t no way I’m ever gonna love you. Now don’t be sad. ‘Cause two out of three ain’t bad.
IfIGottaBeDamned
3 months ago
one and one and one is three Make a joke and I will sigh And you will laugh and I will cry Happiness I cannot feel And love to me is so unreal Roxanne You don't have to put on the red ligh
rattdog
3 months ago
def leppard took that from neil young
rattdog
3 months ago
I smoke two joints in times of peace And two in times of war I smoke two joints before I smoke two joints And then I smoke two more
wildRover
3 months ago
Some folks are born, silver spoon in hand Lord, don't they help themselves, yeah But when the taxman comes to the door The house look a like a rummage sale
uniquename
3 months ago
Adios and vaya con Dios Going home now to stay The senoritas don't car-q when there's no dinero Yeah, ya got no money to stay
RTP
3 months ago
From A Tribe Called Quest "Let me hit it from the back, girl I won't catch a hernia Bust off on your couch, now you got semen's furniture"
Muddy
3 months ago
I sit looking round, I look at my face in the mirror. I know I’m worth nothing, without you. In life, One and one don’t make two, one and one make one, and I’m looking for that free ride, for me, I’m looking for you! I’ll pay any price just to get you, surrender my good life for bad. To find you, I’ll stand naked stoned and be stabbed. I call that a bargain…….. The best I ever had.
Mate27
3 months ago
Hey MisterOrange, “now who the fuck are you”!
Mate27
3 months ago
I take a look at my enormous penis And my troubles start a meltin' away I take a look at my enormous penis And the happy times are comin' to stay...
PuddyTat69
3 months ago
”You were out of luck, well, luck was doin’ all right.” John Hiatt - Paper Thin or "Send lawyers, guns, and money The shit has hit the fan" Warren Zevon
rockie
3 months ago
Little old lady got mutilated late last night, Werewolves of London again
uniquename
3 months ago
"Monkey Man" Rolling Stones I'm a fleabit peanut monkey All my friends are junkies That's not really true I'm a cold Italian pizza I could use a lemon squeezer What you do?
dickdecker
3 months ago
"Freedom is Just another word for nothin left to lose" Me and Bobby McGee Sung by Janis Joplin, written by Kris Kristofferson
WiseToo
3 months ago
Red, red wine stay close to me don't let me be alone, its tearin apart my blue blue heart... made famous by UB40, written by ....Neil Diamond
skibum609
3 months ago
Any escape might help disprove the unattractive truth, but the suburbs have no charms to soothe the restless dreams of youth
crosscheck
3 months ago
Really love your peaches want to shake your tree.
SalaoLikeSantiago
3 months ago
My favorite part of growing’ up Is when I’m sick & throw in’ up — The Dictators, “Weekend” off Go Girl Crazy
RiskA
3 months ago
A friend in need's a friend indeed A friend with weed is better A friend with breasts and all the rest A friend who's dressed in leather
blahblahblahs
3 months ago
A friend with weed is a friend in deed.
skibum609
2 months ago
We are the rock and roll saviors Rock and roll we will defend We are the rock and roll saviors And we’re gonna fight For what is right ‘TIL disco is dead!
uniquename
2 months ago
"I wish I didn't know now, what I didn't know then..." Against the Wind Bob Seger
Rod8432
2 months ago
Sing me a song, you're a singer. Do me a wrong, you're a bringer of evil. Black Sabbath - Heaven and Hell
misterorange
2 months ago
I just heard this song today and thought about this thread. The great lyrics are pretty much the whole song. So here it is... and have a drink on me, boys! Whiskey, gin and brandy With a glass, I'm pretty handy I'm tryin' to walk a straight line On sour mash and cheap wine So, join me for a drink, boys We're gonna make a big noise Don't worry about tomorrow Take it today Forget about the check, we'll get hell to pay Have a drink on me I'm dizzy, drunk and fighting On tequila, white lightnin' Yeah, my glass is gettin' shorter On whiskey, ice and water So come on, have a good time And get blinded out of your mind Don't worry about tomorrow Take it today Forget about the check, we'll get hell to pay Have a drink on me AC/DC Have a Drink On Me Album: Back In Black, 1980
misterorange
2 months ago
All I want is a Pepsi, and she wouldn't give it to me All I wanted was a Pepsi, just one Pepsi, and she wouldn't give it to me Just a Pepsi - 'Institutionalized' by Suicidal Tendencies
SirLapdancealot
2 months ago
"The Gardener's daughter stopped me on my way On the day I was to wed It is you who I wish to share my body with She said" Cat Stevens, "The Boy with the Moon and Star" "I am just a poor boy but my story's seldom told, I have squandered my resistance For a pocketful of mumbles, such are promises. All lies and just til a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest - lie, lie lie. Lie, lie, lie, lie, lie, lie, lie." Simon and Garfunkel - "The Boxer"
ATACdawg
2 months ago
All lies and jest. Damned autocorrect.😠
ATACdawg
2 months ago
In a nod to the never-ending electoral season: I'm top prime cut of meat, I'm your choice. I want to be elected. I'm your Yankee doodle dandy in a gold rolls Royce. I want to be elected. Kids want a savior; they don't need a fake. I want to be elected..... Alice Cooper
skibum609
2 months ago
Steve Earle - Week of Living Dangerously: Now, down in Mexico they've got a little place called Boystown Where a man's still a man if you know what I'm talkin' about Well, I walked into the Cadillac bar and I laid my cash down I said "there's plenty more where that came from" and the lights went out
Studme53
2 months ago
Strapped in the chair of the city gas chamber Why I'm here I can't quite remember The surgeon general says it's hazardous to breathe I'd have another cigarette but I can't see
MajorBoobage
2 months ago
And I find it kind of funny, I find it kind of sad The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had Then it comes to be That the soothing light at the end of your tunnel Was just a freight train coming your way If you don't start drinkin' I'm gonna leave
gammanu95
2 months ago
They say there's a heaven for those who will wait. Some say it's better but I say it ain't. I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints. The sinners are much more fun. Only the good die young.
misterorange
a month ago
I like the girls that do drugs (Drugs) Girls with cigarettes in the back of the club (Club) Girls that hate cops and buy guns (Guns) Girls with no buns, girls that's mean just for fun I like girls who make love, but I love girls who like to fuck "Girls" The Dare
datinman
a month ago
Put your hands down my pants, and I’ll bet you feel nuts! Yiu and me baby ain’t nothing but mammals, so let’s do it like they do on the Disxovery channel(get horny now).
Mate27
a month ago
Boom! Boom! Boom! Let’s go back to my room, where we can do it all night, and we can do it just right.
Mate27
a month ago
I turned to look but it was gone. I cannot put my finger on it now, The child is grown, The dream is gone.
iknowbetter
a month ago
clutch-the yeti Across the plain I see a figure, Every instant growing bigger. Instinct tells me to run away While faith proposes that I wave. He approaches to a rod. I whisper up a prayer to God. The stranger asks me with a grin, "Do you have the time my friend?
rattdog
a month ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion